While our extremists clamor to deface and desecrate historical sites and graves...

Their counterparts elsewhere do the same:

"Islamic State militants have destroyed a temple at Syria's ancient ruins of Palmyra, activists said Sunday, realizing the worst fears archaeologists had for the 2,000-year-old Roman-era city after the extremists seized it and beheaded a local scholar.
"Palmyra, one of the Middle East's most spectacular archaeological sites and a UNESCO World Heritage site, sits near the modern Syrian city of the same name. Activists said the militants used explosives to blow up the Baalshamin Temple on its grounds, the blast so powerful it also damaged some of the Roman columns around it."

538142928721-Mideast_Syria_Palmyra_20150823.jpeg

My Way News - Activists: Islamic State destroys temple at Syria's Palmyra

Meanwhile, our homegrown idiots do the same here...apparently Shawn The White (the head of NAACP) is offended by the historical connotations...

600x338

NAACP wants Confederate carving removed from Georgia's Stone Mountain
Mob-rule sucks.
Only when it's not your mob!
I don't follow mobs.
You claim you don't .
So you're calling me a liar now?

If I was into mob-rule.....I'd be a liberal Democrat......not a Republican.

Their counterparts elsewhere do the same:

"Islamic State militants have destroyed a temple at Syria's ancient ruins of Palmyra, activists said Sunday, realizing the worst fears archaeologists had for the 2,000-year-old Roman-era city after the extremists seized it and beheaded a local scholar.
"Palmyra, one of the Middle East's most spectacular archaeological sites and a UNESCO World Heritage site, sits near the modern Syrian city of the same name. Activists said the militants used explosives to blow up the Baalshamin Temple on its grounds, the blast so powerful it also damaged some of the Roman columns around it."

538142928721-Mideast_Syria_Palmyra_20150823.jpeg

My Way News - Activists: Islamic State destroys temple at Syria's Palmyra

Meanwhile, our homegrown idiots do the same here...apparently Shawn The White (the head of NAACP) is offended by the historical connotations...

600x338

NAACP wants Confederate carving removed from Georgia's Stone Mountain
Mob-rule sucks.
I don't follow mobs.
You claim you don't .

no I'm not calling you a liar.
But you are rationalizing both groups can be discribed as mobs.
If you look objectively at the behavior of the republicans since obama was elected it has all the symptoms of a mob.

Last edited:
The OP explicitly mentions Stone Mountain and that has been the only kind of memorial discussed where "extremists clamor to deface and desecrate historical sites and graves"
I repeat, no one is allowing culturally important sites to be desecrated/removed or banned. It's a silly question.

The post mentioned stone mountain..you went off on a tangent about indian mounds being desecrated.
You've typed hundreds of words dodging and evading...all you need to do is type one word...

yes or no
Do you think the confederate battle flag, statues, memorials and graves should be allowed to be desecrated/removed/banned?

That's plain wrong. I have addressed the issue with evidence that the real culprits damaging cultural and historic sites are right wing corporatists and any assertions that it is Liberal groups doing it is wrong on many levels. Your question is wrong because no one is damaging American sites (except right wing corporatists) and no one will. It isn't happening, now, or later, or ever.

Ok I see now.

You were against cultural cleansing of the indian mounds and therefore you also support the freedom to display the confederate battle flag and don't think it should be banned.

You're also against the cultural cleansing of confederate history and figures and you support leaving all monuments and graves of confederate soldiers intact and believe they should not be moved, desecrated or tampered with.

All you had to do was say so in the first place.
That's not what he said.

The OP explicitly mentions Stone Mountain and that has been the only kind of memorial discussed where "extremists clamor to deface and desecrate historical sites and graves"
I repeat, no one is allowing culturally important sites to be desecrated/removed or banned. It's a silly question.

The post mentioned stone mountain..you went off on a tangent about indian mounds being desecrated.
You've typed hundreds of words dodging and evading...all you need to do is type one word...

yes or no
Do you think the confederate battle flag, statues, memorials and graves should be allowed to be desecrated/removed/banned?

That's plain wrong. I have addressed the issue with evidence that the real culprits damaging cultural and historic sites are right wing corporatists and any assertions that it is Liberal groups doing it is wrong on many levels. Your question is wrong because no one is damaging American sites (except right wing corporatists) and no one will. It isn't happening, now, or later, or ever.

Ok I see now.

You were against cultural cleansing of the indian mounds and therefore you also support the freedom to display the confederate battle flag and don't think it should be banned.

You're also against the cultural cleansing of confederate history and figures and you support leaving all monuments and graves of confederate soldiers intact and believe they should not be moved, desecrated or tampered with.

That's not what he said.

In either case I wasn't going to be drawn into a separate argument from the OP. Rotagilla wanted to make the discussion about the confederacy and I am content arguing it isn't Liberals who deface and destroy it is right wing corporatism that does.

Mob-rule sucks.
I don't follow mobs.
You claim you don't .

If you look objectively at the behavior of the republicans since obama was elected it has all the symptoms of a mob.

Next time you them breaking windows at a CVS make a note of it.

Mkay?

yes or no

Ok I see now.

That's not what he said.

In either case I wasn't going to be drawn into a separate argument from the OP. Rotagilla wanted to make the discussion about the confederacy and I am content arguing it isn't Liberals who deface and destroy it is right wing corporatism that does.
or bored teens.

I don't follow mobs.
You claim you don't .

Mkay?
Right, it's not as if republicans have never done any vandalism.

yes or no

Ok I see now.

That's not what he said.

You introduced an argument that wasn't the OP.YOU brought up indian mounds and posted a bunch of pictures about how their culture should be preserved.

I asked if you thought protecting peoples culture and heritage extended to the confederate battle flag, monuments and graves....That put you in a spot you hadn't anticipated, so you spent pages and pages dodging and evading and now you're hiding behind the weak claim that it was "off topic so I don't have to answer".

Blatantly dishonest.

All good..I made my point and a lot of people enjoyed watching you squirm and try to wriggle out of it.

yes or no

Ok I see now.

That's not what he said.

You introduced an argument that wasn't the OP.YOU brought up indian mounds and posted a bunch of pictures about how their culture should be preserved.

I asked if you thought protecting peoples culture and heritage extended to the confederate battle flag, monuments and graves....That put you in a spot you hadn't anticipated, so you spent pages and pages dodging and evading and now you're hiding behind the weak claim that it was "off topic so I don't have to answer".

Blatantly dishonest.

All good..I made my point and a lot of people enjoyed watching you squirm and try to wriggle out of it.

I absolutely did not change the argument. I added an element the OP did not consider and destroyed the contention that Liberals were defacing and destroying cultural landmarks, those Indian mounds were destroyed and Stone Mountain stands. I wasn't going to be drawn into an entirely separate discussion that was not pertinent to the OP.

You made no points, you merely held on to a silly supposition that had no legs and was a particularly stupid point by even your low standards.

Ok I see now.

That's not what he said.

Blatantly dishonest.

I absolutely did not change the argument. I added an element the OP did not consider and destroyed the contention that Liberals were defacing and destroying cultural landmarks, those Indian mounds were destroyed and Stone Mountain stands. I wasn't going to be drawn into an entirely separate discussion that was not pertinent to the OP.

You made no points, you merely held on to a silly supposition that had no legs and was a particularly stupid point by even your low standards.

I made my point and turned the tables on you and now you're trying to pretend to be above it all...other people read this site...you're fooling no one..

Ok I see now.

That's not what he said.

Blatantly dishonest.

I made my point and turned the tables on you and now you're trying to pretend to be above it all...other people read this site...you're fooling no one..

You made no point otherwise we would be discussing confederate flags, monuments and graves and we did not and will not.

I don't follow mobs.
You claim you don't .

Mkay?
Uh.....when did we start talking about that?

I thought we were talking about mobs looting, rioting, taking over events, pushing their way into our lives, telling us how to talk, how to think, what we can or can't say.....

Ok I see now.

That's not what he said.

Blatantly dishonest.

That would be you .
No one but you is making false comparisons.
Southern culture is not exclusive to the south.
It's a subculture that is part of the larger American culture and would not exist without it.
Native American culture on the other hand is exclusive to itself and only recently been seen as American.

Last edited:
You claim you don't .

Mkay?

I thought we were talking about mobs looting, rioting, taking over events, pushing their way into our lives, telling us how to talk, how to think, what we can or can't say.....
That's all we talk about in one form or another.
As to speech you'd have to be brain dead not see that historically conservatives have attempted to control an censor free speech since the idea was conceived.

Mkay?

As to speech you'd have to be brain dead not see that historically conservatives have attempted to control an censor free speech since the idea was conceived.

That's news to me.

Can you give examples?

That's not what he said.

Blatantly dishonest.

That would be you .
It's a subculture that is part of the larger American culture and would not exist without it.
Native American culture on the other hand is exclusive to itself and only recently been seen as American.

that's all fascinating.

yes. or no.

Mkay?

So as an advocate of free speech you're against banning the confederate battle flag, removing statues of confederate leaders and desecrating the graves of confederate soldiers, right?

Mkay?

That's news to me.

Can you give examples?
No need it's obvious.

Blatantly dishonest.

That would be you .

that's all fascinating.

yes. or no.
Asked and answerd.

Forum List

Back