While in New Mexico DO NOT CLENCH your buttocks

The incident began January 2, 2013 after David Eckert finished shopping at the Wal-Mart in Deming. According to a federal lawsuit, Eckert didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign coming out of the parking lot and was immediately stopped by law enforcement.

Eckert's attorney, Shannon Kennedy, said in an interview with KOB that after law enforcement asked him to step out of the vehicle, he appeared to be clenching his buttocks. Law enforcement thought that was probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in his anal cavity. While officers detained Eckert, they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an anal cavity search.

The lawsuit claims that Deming Police tried taking Eckert to an emergency room in Deming, but a doctor there refused to perform the anal cavity search citing it was "unethical."

But physicians at the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City agreed to perform the procedure and a few hours later, Eckert was admitted.

What Happened

While there, Eckert was subjected to repeated and humiliating forced medical procedures. A review of Eckert's medical records, which he released to KOB, and details in the lawsuit show the following happened:

1. Eckert's abdominal area was x-rayed; no narcotics were found.

2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

4. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

5. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

6. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

7. Doctors then x-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found.

8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert's anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.

Throughout this ordeal, Eckert protested and never gave doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center consent to perform any of these medical procedures"

Come on apologists, deny that the US has become yet another banana republic police state.

I hope some asshole supports the cops in this so I can show him how stupid he is, after I neg him.

The incident began January 2, 2013 after David Eckert finished shopping at the Wal-Mart in Deming. According to a federal lawsuit, Eckert didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign coming out of the parking lot and was immediately stopped by law enforcement.

Eckert's attorney, Shannon Kennedy, said in an interview with KOB that after law enforcement asked him to step out of the vehicle, he appeared to be clenching his buttocks. Law enforcement thought that was probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in his anal cavity. While officers detained Eckert, they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an anal cavity search.

The lawsuit claims that Deming Police tried taking Eckert to an emergency room in Deming, but a doctor there refused to perform the anal cavity search citing it was "unethical."

But physicians at the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City agreed to perform the procedure and a few hours later, Eckert was admitted.

What Happened

While there, Eckert was subjected to repeated and humiliating forced medical procedures. A review of Eckert's medical records, which he released to KOB, and details in the lawsuit show the following happened:

1. Eckert's abdominal area was x-rayed; no narcotics were found.

2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

4. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

5. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

6. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

7. Doctors then x-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found.

8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert's anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.

Throughout this ordeal, Eckert protested and never gave doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center consent to perform any of these medical procedures"

Come on apologists, deny that the US has become yet another banana republic police state.

I don't believe the police can ticket him for not stopping at a stop sign in the store's parking lot. The whole thing is a farce and he needs to sue those cops AND the hospital.

He has Constitutional rights....those rights were violated and now he can use the courts for compensation

The way our system works

The way it is supposed to work is that the government doesn't VIOLATE HIS FUCKING RIGHTS IN THE FIRST GODDAMN PLACE.

Exactly. We need to stop paying out tax dollars and start putting people responsible for things like this in jail instead.

This story is disturbing to say the least.
For this to be taken to such an extreme for a minor infraction is unthinkable.

He has Constitutional rights....those rights were violated and now he can use the courts for compensation

The way our system works

The way it is supposed to work is that the government doesn't VIOLATE HIS FUCKING RIGHTS IN THE FIRST GODDAMN PLACE.

Isn't it that way with all laws?

It is why we have a judicial system

The way our system works

This was not somebody breaking a law, this was the government. If you don't see the difference you I really don't know what the fuck is wrong with you.

This was not somebody breaking a law, this was the government. If you don't see the difference you I really don't know what the fuck is wrong with you.

And when government breaks the laws...they will pay

You mean the taxpayers pay. Between immunity laws and the courts, the cops involved will never suffer even so much as a slap on the wrist, management gets a pass, and the only ones left holding the bag will be taxpayers.

You want this stuff to cease to exist, then reform the immunity laws. A couple cops lose their houses over stuff like this and a couple more go to prison, it will stop. But even thinking that is political poison, so it doesn't happen.

Seems that every day we sink to a new low. Never in my lifetime would I have thought this could happen in the United States of America.

This is fucking horrific! I would be hard to believe had I read it in a history book about Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia. My God, what has become of our individual liberties?

!

“A lady asked Dr. Benjamin Franklin, Well Doctor what have we got a republic or a monarchy. A republic replied the Doctor if you can keep it.”

Leave it to Quantum Contrarianbag to pick a fight on an issue where everybody already agrees.

SMH...

Really?

Do you think the doctors, or the cops, will go to jail over this? Do you think they will even lose their jobs? If not, who the fuck do you think will actually pay? Could it be the taxpayers?

HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

Leave it to Quantum Contrarianbag to pick a fight on an issue where everybody already agrees.

SMH...

Newsflash, asshole, the only person in this thread that agrees with rightwinger is you.

SMH...

Newsflash, asshole, the only person in this thread that agrees with rightwinger is you.

Newsflash, bitter old man: this wasn't the first time you tried to contrive a polarization in this thread:

I hope some asshole supports the cops in this so I can show him how stupid he is, after I neg him.

Why don't you go back to giving yourself the finger in the mirror, practicing self-righteous facial expressions and learning how to say "you kids get off my lawn!" in other languages. There's a good boy.

Last edited:

SMH...

Newsflash, bitter old man: this wasn't the first time you tried to contrive a polarization in this thread:

Why don't you go back to giving yourself the finger in the mirror, practicing self-righteous facial expressions and learning how to say "you kids get off my lawn!" in other languages. There's a good boy.

Has anyone supported the cops, asshole?

Didn't think so.

That said, the fact that he can sue them in court does not make this better. The cops that took him out of the county, and the doctors that violated his body, should be in jail. That wouldn't make this better either, but it would at least prove that the we do not live in a police state.

Actually WE are the ones that pay. Put the criminals in jail. Those cops were criminal in their actions. Put them in jail. Stop making the tax payer pay for the crimes of the cops.

Has anyone supported the cops, asshole?

Of course not, and that's my point -- asshole.

I swear, if nuclear war wiped out everything but you and a fencepost, you'd immediately argue with the fencepost about the definition of "vertical".

"Si l'argument n'existe pas, il faut que Quantum Windbagge à s'arranger un." -- Voltaire

:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Really?

Do you think the doctors, or the cops, will go to jail over this? Do you think they will even lose their jobs? If not, who the fuck do you think will actually pay? Could it be the taxpayers?

HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

Yup

Those cops represent you Mr and Mrs Taxpayer. When they screw up....you pay
What do you do? Take it out on the Chief of Police who authorized a search in direct violation of the Constitution. Take it out on the cops who exceeded their authority.

Forum List

Back