While in New Mexico DO NOT CLENCH your buttocks

Contumacious

Radical Freedom
Aug 16, 2009
Adjuntas, PR , USA
The incident began January 2, 2013 after David Eckert finished shopping at the Wal-Mart in Deming. According to a federal lawsuit, Eckert didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign coming out of the parking lot and was immediately stopped by law enforcement.

Eckert's attorney, Shannon Kennedy, said in an interview with KOB that after law enforcement asked him to step out of the vehicle, he appeared to be clenching his buttocks. Law enforcement thought that was probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in his anal cavity. While officers detained Eckert, they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an anal cavity search.

The lawsuit claims that Deming Police tried taking Eckert to an emergency room in Deming, but a doctor there refused to perform the anal cavity search citing it was "unethical."

But physicians at the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City agreed to perform the procedure and a few hours later, Eckert was admitted.

What Happened

While there, Eckert was subjected to repeated and humiliating forced medical procedures. A review of Eckert's medical records, which he released to KOB, and details in the lawsuit show the following happened:

1. Eckert's abdominal area was x-rayed; no narcotics were found.

2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

4. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

5. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

6. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

7. Doctors then x-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found.

8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert's anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.

Throughout this ordeal, Eckert protested and never gave doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center consent to perform any of these medical procedures"

Come on apologists, deny that the US has become yet another banana republic police state.

The incident began January 2, 2013 after David Eckert finished shopping at the Wal-Mart in Deming. According to a federal lawsuit, Eckert didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign coming out of the parking lot and was immediately stopped by law enforcement.

Eckert's attorney, Shannon Kennedy, said in an interview with KOB that after law enforcement asked him to step out of the vehicle, he appeared to be clenching his buttocks. Law enforcement thought that was probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in his anal cavity. While officers detained Eckert, they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an anal cavity search.

The lawsuit claims that Deming Police tried taking Eckert to an emergency room in Deming, but a doctor there refused to perform the anal cavity search citing it was "unethical."

But physicians at the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City agreed to perform the procedure and a few hours later, Eckert was admitted.

What Happened

While there, Eckert was subjected to repeated and humiliating forced medical procedures. A review of Eckert's medical records, which he released to KOB, and details in the lawsuit show the following happened:

2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.

4. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

5. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

6. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.

8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert's anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.

Throughout this ordeal, Eckert protested and never gave doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center consent to perform any of these medical procedures"

Come on apologists, deny that the US has become yet another banana republic police state.

Hope Eckert becomes rich, rich man.

gosh, I can bet Eckert will have an early retirement form a settled lawsuit with a hospital :D

he should request at least 20 million, since forced colonoscopy has a possibility of perforated colon, peritonitis, sepsis and death as a complication, plus numerous possibilities of complications from anesthesia and if there were no consent from the patient - that is a big, big, big, big lawsuit.

There are major concerns about the way the search warrant was carried out. Kennedy argues that the search warrant was overly broad and lacked probable cause. But beyond that, the warrant was only valid in Luna County, where Deming is located. The Gila Regional Medical Center is in Grant County. That means all of the medical procedures were performed illegally and the doctors who performed the procedures did so with no legal basis and no consent from the patient.

In addition, even if the search warrant was executed in the correct New Mexico county, the warrant expired at 10 p.m. Medical records show the prepping for the colonoscopy started at 1 a.m. the following day, three hours after the warrant expired.

Hope the guy wins big. This is one of the instances when the hospital and the doctors should LOSE THEIR LICENSES AND ABILITY TO PROVIDE SERVICES.

I would file a broad complaint with the Medical Board of NM as well. Plus a criminal lawsuit against the doctors for the aggravated assault.

gosh, I can bet Eckert will have an early retirement form a settled lawsuit with a hospital :D

Incorrect.

The SCUMBAGS at SCOTUS will rule that the gestapo, er, police, are immune from lawsuits and citizens DO NOT HAVE A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO CLENCH THEIR BUTTOCKS.

Incorrect.

The SCUMBAGS at SCOTUS will rule that the gestapo, er, police, are immune from lawsuits and citizens DO NOT HAVE A CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO CLENCH THEIR BUTTOCKS.

I was not talking about the police. The hospital, the doctors and all the medical staff violated the guy - and should pay. and they will.

I would also go as far as charge aggravated assault - the hospital had no right to perform all the procedures. The court order expired, was not valid for that county and the patient vehemently refused all the procedures.

it was grossly illegal.

Police might be off the hook, but the hospital, the doctors and the staff - are not.

The other hospital and other doctors refused - and that is also very important. They refused even with a court order being valid for them.

He has Constitutional rights....those rights were violated and now he can use the courts for compensation

The way our system works

This is fucking horrific! I would be hard to believe had I read it in a history book about Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia. My God, what has become of our individual liberties?

There is no amount of compensation that makes this acceptable. The cops, the judge, the doctors should all do serious time in prison. Ain't likely to happen, but my God...I'm speechless!

Incorrect.

4th Amendment? What's that? Besides, officer safety is the paramount issue. The cops did what they needed to do to go home safely and who care about a mere citizen?

This is fucking horrific! I would be hard to believe had I read it in a history book about Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia. My God, what has become of our individual liberties?

There is no amount of compensation that makes this acceptable. The cops, the judge, the doctors should all do serious time in prison. Ain't likely to happen, but my God...I'm speechless!

War on Drugs must be won. Got to break a few eggs to make an omelet you know.

Every cop involved should be shot on site, drug into a ditch and left for the coyotes.

I'm pretty certain that pigs don't have stop sign jurisdickTion on a private parking lot anyway.

What Happened

Hope Eckert becomes rich, rich man.

Fuck that. No more selling your soul or your ass for money. This should be about justice, criminal justice - failing that revenge should be the order of the day. It's time fucking pigs start being prosecuted and executed.

Incorrect.

4th Amendment? What's that? Besides, officer safety is the paramount issue. The cops did what they needed to do to go home safely and who care about a mere citizen?

Cop safety?

What was he afraid of? A nasty fart?

Forum List

Back