Which "side" of the "fence" are you on?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
This latest incident violent incident in Charlottesville is once again illustrating how our divisions are increasing, and how the "sides" of the "fence" are becoming more clear.

On one side of the fence, we have the people who appear to think they're "accomplishing" something by screaming at, verbally attacking, insulting, blaming, and now, finally, physically attacking and even KILLING those who dare to disagree with them. Attack, attack, attack, no matter what.

Their political affiliations are irrelevant, because their behaviors are so similar. They would much rather scream than communicate. They would much rather attack than heal. They would much rather "beat" those who dare to disagree than find a way to co-exist with them like normal, well-adjusted adults.

On the other side of the fence is the majority of the country, those who know that the only way to solve problems is to communicate and cooperate. That you're not always going to get your way. That sometimes you have to be a little humble, check your ego, and respect differing opinions. And that -- horror of horrors -- you may actually be wrong about something now and then.

So, which side of the fence are you on?

Stolen from another thread, thanks Bonzi:
7707450feecf5b155b4789ef8221819d--narcissistic-traits-narcissist-quotes.jpg

This latest incident violent incident in Charlottesville is once again illustrating how our divisions are increasing, and how the "sides" of the "fence" are becoming more clear.

On one side of the fence, we have the people who appear to think they're "accomplishing" something by screaming at, verbally attacking, insulting, blaming, and now, finally, physically attacking and even KILLING those who dare to disagree with them. Attack, attack, attack, no matter what.

Their political affiliations are irrelevant, because their behaviors are so similar. They would much rather scream than communicate. They would much rather attack than heal. They would much rather "beat" those who dare to disagree than find a way to co-exist with them like normal, well-adjusted adults.

On the other side of the fence is the majority of the country, those who know that the only way to solve problems is to communicate and cooperate. That you're not always going to get your way. That sometimes you have to be a little humble, check your ego, and respect differing opinions. And that -- horror of horrors -- you may actually be wrong about something now and then.

I am on Trump's side of the... WALL. Fuck those people, that being said, I have no problem with anyone defending themselves against ANTIFA thugs.

I'm on the side that involves cracking open heads on both sides and putting all these perps away with substantial sentences.

All the talk of love and cooperation and "coming together as one" oozing out of our politicians is just shit. No one is listening.

Media are fueling this crap by the all-day constant attention paid to them.

Outlaw these people - all of them - and get them out of the way by whatever means are legally available. If none are available, make them so.

Or become Venezuela. It's your choice.

I'm on the side that involves cracking open heads on both sides and putting all these perps away with substantial sentences.

All the talk of love and cooperation and "coming together as one" oozing out of our politicians is just shit. No one is listening.

Media are fueling this crap by the all-day constant attention paid to them.

Outlaw these people - all of them - and get them out of the way by whatever means are legally available. If none are available, make them so.

Or become Venezuela. It's your choice.
What HE said!
I would just add that everyone knows that Obama, Hillary, and Soros are behind these "Protests/Riots". They deserve some old fashioned justice too.

For me, there is no fence.

Bank on it. No fence, no division, no violence. Proverbially speaking of course.

Why restrict your thought process to one rigid ideology or another? The mind is supposed to be set free, not bound by an inane loyalty to a party.

I am a strong proponent of discussion and agreeing to disagree. Coming to a compromise is difficult, even with level headed people that are firmly entrenched in their beliefs.

When it reaches this level, unfortunately, a fight to the death can be the deciding factor. It happens often in nature. Obviously, we view ourselves as above all other animals, so, we should know better... but sometimes nature takes over. The ID lives.

I am a strong proponent of discussion and agreeing to disagree. Coming to a compromise is difficult, even with level headed people that are firmly entrenched in their beliefs.

When it reaches this level, unfortunately, a fight to the death can be the deciding factor. It happens often in nature. Obviously, we view ourselves as above all other animals, so, we should know better... but sometimes nature takes over. The ID lives.
Coming to a compromise is difficult, even with level headed people that are firmly entrenched in their beliefs.

I don't agree with that assertion. Without exception, every temperate and prudent person with whom I've interacted -- personally and professionally -- recognizes that their position need not be one of "all or nothing;" thus they strive sincerely for genuinely win-win solutions. Every rube I've encounters, all of whom are indolently pusillanimous SOBs, on the other hand, dastardly conceive and construe everything binarily.

You did it again! Congratulations!

But these people probably feel as though they discuss things till their blue in the face and no one gives a damn.

It seems to me that the spark to this rally was the destruction of a war memorial for General Lee. I think they felt like their history was being erased, because the government is trying to erase their white race and all history associated with them and they feel powerless to stop it.

Then on the other side of the coin you have BLM whose lives had gotten even worse under Obama. To top things off, the DNC e-mails revealed that the DNC views BLM as more of a terrorist group and have no intentions of helping them whatsoever.

So here we have two really pissed off groups without representation in government. They can talk all they want but no one gives a damn about any of them. Instead, they will all just wind up on some secret terrorist list that Homeland Security will keep track of and be labeled enemies of the state.

I'd like to think we're better than that, and I certainly think this country has seen more civilized times internally. There are too many people with a vested professional interest in keeping us divided and angry at each other, and it's definitely working.

But these people probably feel as though they discuss things till their blue in the face and no one gives a damn.

It seems to me that the spark to this rally was the destruction of a war memorial for General Lee. I think they felt like their history was being erased, because the government is trying to erase their white race and all history associated with them and they feel powerless to stop it.

Then on the other side of the coin you have BLM whose lives had gotten even worse under Obama. To top things off, the DNC e-mails revealed that the DNC views BLM as more of a terrorist group and have no intentions of helping them whatsoever.

So here we have two really pissed off groups without representation in government. They can talk all they want but no one gives a damn about any of them. Instead, they will all just wind up on some secret terrorist list that Homeland Security will keep track of and be labeled enemies of the state.
Anger, and acting out of anger, are decisions, aren't they? No one is being forced to attack the other side, no one is being forced to refuse to communicate.

These are decisions we're making, and we can't blame anyone else for those decisions.

I'd like to think we're better than that, and I certainly think this country has seen more civilized times internally. There are too many people with a vested professional interest in keeping us divided and angry at each other, and it's definitely working.

Dude, I usually treat you with kid gloves because you are such a pompous fool.

But hey, I've lived through times where we had massive riots in the streets, where domestic terrorists groups like the SLA and Weather Underground blew people up, and where things really seemed to be going to hell in a handbasket more than they are now.

What happened yesterday was awful... probably made worse by a president who has openly encouraged that kind of hateful rhetoric. but you all need to get over yourself.

Forum List

Back