Which political party engages in the most voter suppression?

Which political party engages in the most voter suppression?

• Democrat

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • Republican

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
I selected Republican and here's why.....

Republicans desire some integrity in our elections, stupid things like an ID, citizenship, and the fortitude to get off your ass and vote.

On the flip-side Democrats have no standards, and if we we're to be honest they'd simply poll electronically or at best knock door-to-door, which they likely do already. They also promote bums and drug addicts to vote in exchange for rewards. So clearly the Republicans would have to be more "suppressive" as the OP calls it. It's not really "suppressive", it's basic reasonable standards VS no standards., I'm interested to hear why he thinks we're being "suppressed"?

There is an angle to voter suppression however. It comes in the form of media propaganda swaying MILLIONS of voters left, because it's owned by the left. Guess who is striking back? Under Trump's leadership we're at war with Google and Facebook for starts, this was long overdue.

Another angle is Demonicrats play the race card for all elections. It's trickery and a fine example of systemic racism.

Last edited:
I welcome your poll vote and your examples and reasons. This is not a bait thread, nor am I making your votes public.

Hands Down WINNER IS -- the Democrat party..

1) The party of SUPER delegates that have about 70,000 TIMES the power of mere voter.. USUALLY, superdelegates are composed of the STAUNCH establishment party leaders and luminaries... The "elite of the elite"... It's a reward for their service and loyalty...

2) The party of changing the primary process as you feel like it.. Tossing coins for "extra" delegates while the votes are being counted..

3) The party pushing "eliminating the electoral college".. Almost all the Blue States are TRYING to bind the electors to the NATIONAL pop vote.. DISREGARDING the will of their OWN VOTERS in that state... And it's gonna be another embarrassment when this BACKFIRES on them..

4) The party that has used it's overwhelming majority in California to write heinous election laws like "the Top Two" primary process... Whereby only the top TWO vote getters in a primary can EVEN APPEAR on a General Election ballot.. That's how for the last 2 Fed senate races, only TWO DEMOCRATS were allowed to appear on Nov Ballots.. No Republican, no independents, no 3rd parties..

5) The party that abandons and mocks it own voters in the South.. Refuses to actually support ANY candidate that doesn't APPEAR to be electable.. So that the TOTAL 40% of Dems in the Red south (or other red states) have NO CHANCE of winning at all...

Pretty much more heinous and egregious than just making mistakes on the voter registration rolls for dead folks and felons and duplicate voters registered in more than one state....

I welcome your poll vote and your examples and reasons. This is not a bait thread, nor am I making your votes public.

1) The party of SUPER delegates that have about 70,000 TIMES the power of mere voter.. USUALLY, superdelegates are composed of the STAUNCH establishment party leaders and luminaries... The "elite of the elite"... It's a reward for their service and loyalty...

2) The party of changing the primary process as you feel like it.. Tossing coins for "extra" delegates while the votes are being counted..

3) The party pushing "eliminating the electoral college".. Almost all the Blue States are TRYING to bind the electors to the NATIONAL pop vote.. DISREGARDING the will of their OWN VOTERS in that state... And it's gonna be another embarrassment when this BACKFIRES on them..

4) The party that has used it's overwhelming majority in California to write heinous election laws like "the Top Two" primary process... Whereby only the top TWO vote getters in a primary can EVEN APPEAR on a General Election ballot.. That's how for the last 2 Fed senate races, only TWO DEMOCRATS were allowed to appear on Nov Ballots.. No Republican, no independents, no 3rd parties..

5) The party that abandons and mocks it own voters in the South.. Refuses to actually support ANY candidate that doesn't APPEAR to be electable.. So that the TOTAL 40% of Dems in the Red south (or other red states) have NO CHANCE of winning at all...

Pretty much more heinous and egregious than just making mistakes on the voter registration rolls for dead folks and felons and duplicate voters registered in more than one state....
^^ Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.

Let’s also not forget the vast amount of cheating and shady tactics they use on the local level. We see registered Dems change parties and run as Republicans to try and get state house seats.

Great points, I changed my vote, PROGS are just too pathetic. I originally selected Republican because they have standards while Democrats have none.

Great points, I changed my vote, PROGS are just too pathetic. I originally selected Republican because they have standards while Democrats have none.

Who says "ya cant change minds on USMB" ???? :auiqs.jpg:

Kinda unfair tho.. I've been WAITING FOR DECADES to be polled on that question....

I welcome your poll vote and your examples and reasons. This is not a bait thread.

The Democrat Party has always sought to suppress the vote by making it seem that the American position is so far behind in the polls that it is pointless for Americans to vote

Can you provide any "credible" examples with "credible" proof?

Gore v Bush, when they called states immediately for gore but held back calling states for Bush....as one major example.......

What's a vote really worth if the nomination process itself its rigged?

Well, it depends on what you mean by "rigged".

I was just speaking casually. I've been to the conventions, I've been a delegate, so I know how it works. The party bosses got us by the stones. Voting becomes redundant. But, I wouldn't ever discourage anyone from doing it. I believe in the political process itself.

But I didn't feel like getting into it that far, your question was about manipulating the act of voting in an election, rather than the shenanigans that take place during the nomination process.

Very interesting; however, as much as I dislike superdelegates - they ain't entirely evil:

The argument for ditching the superdelegate idea is simple—and superficially convincing. Why should these “insiders” have the power to override the millions who voted in primaries and caucuses? Why should we return, in effect, to the back rooms and insider dealings four decades after opening the process to the people themselves?

Well, here’s why. There are some circumstances where the “will of the voters”—often the will of a plurality of voters—may well put the party on the road to a massive political defeat. Further, it may result in the nomination of a candidate who violates the most fundamental beliefs of that party. Or whose temperament and character might put a dangerous, unfit person into the Oval Office. Under those circumstances, the existence of a bloc of superdelegates means the presence of an “emergency brake,” a last chance to avoid disaster. And while it may be “undemocratic” in the narrowest sense of that term, our political system is replete with “undemocratic” elements that have served us very well.

You don’t need to resort to hypotheticals to imagine a case for superdelegates. Just look at what it has meant for the party that does not have them. The Republican Party has a relatively small number of “automatic” delegates—three from each state and territory. These 250 delegates amount to 7 percent of the total (The Democratic supers represent about 15 percent of their total). More crucially, Republicans do not permit these delegates to vote their conscience or judgment or preference. They are bound by party rules to vote for whoever won the most votes in their states.

If a party is simply a vessel into which is poured any candidate, with any set of ideas, who manages to win enough votes, then yes, superdelegates should have no standing. But there’s another view, expressed by Dwight Eisenhower, who said “a political party without principles is nothing more than a conspiracy to seize power.” If that idea is right, then superdelegates do have a role, one they may rarely if ever play, but which could prove critical to the party—and to the country.

Democrats began voter suppression immediately after the slaves were given the right to vote.

You mean when they switched parties?
Nope, I mean the Democrat party opposed every Constitutional amendment that made Black people citizens with voter rights, the same Democrat party that opposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

I don't think either party engages in voter suppression.

Democrats are more likely to have fraudulent votes. This is because both parties know that there will be less outrage at having fraudulent votes counted, and rejecting legitimate votes.

When you tell someone that their dead grandpa voted... that results in less anger, than saying your vote was rejected. You tell someone their vote was not counted, and that pisses people off.

So neither party is likely to engage in vote suppression. What happens instead is that they count fake votes. Convicts in prison vote. Dead people vote. Illegal immigrants vote.

And most of that comes from the Democrats. Every once in awhile, you'll have a left-winger say openly, what they all say privately.

Mass murderers should be able to vote on who makes the laws about mass murderers. Bernie Sanders for the prison vote win.

So that's my answer.

Bernie wants children to vote too cuz "it would transform our nation". We dodged a bullet on that guy.

I welcome your poll vote and your examples and reasons. This is not a bait thread.

The Democrat Party has always sought to suppress the vote by making it seem that the American position is so far behind in the polls that it is pointless for Americans to vote

Can you provide any "credible" examples with "credible" proof?

Trump has no path to the White House.
Hillary has a 98% chance of winning.
You're one brain dead Squaw!!

Forum List

Back