Which Political Ideology Most Embodies the Alpha Male Mentality?

• Total voters

This should be a spectacle! Conservative women have more Alpha characteristics than liberal men. I just think it's fun to watch liberals play alpha.

Tea Party = Alpha
Occupy Wall Street = Beta

Obama = Beta
Bush = Alpha
Clinton = Beta
Bush Sr = Alpha
Reagan = Alpha
Carter = Super Beta
Ford = Alpha
Nixon = Alpha
LBJ = Alpha
Kennedy = Beta
Eisenhower = Alpha
Truman = Beta
FDR = Beta converted into Alpha

Wow, this is the stupidest thread I've seen all day -- and that's after too much time in the Let's Trash FLOTUS thread.

You must have spent a lot of time in that thread. This post has been present for a couple of days.

I see that. And I see I haven't missed anything good, which is always good to know.

So why are you hung up on testosterone? Came up short?

Wow, this is the stupidest thread I've seen all day -- and that's after too much time in the Let's Trash FLOTUS thread.

You must have spent a lot of time in that thread. This post has been present for a couple of days.

I see that. And I see I haven't missed anything good, which is always good to know.

To be honest, the portion you criticized was posted precisely in order to get you to do what you did. Read and comment.

I was also curious if liberals would defend themselves as "Alphas." My findings are that liberals have accepted their beta status and instead of answering the question of the thread they instead assume that they are betas and criticize alpha mentality as conservative. This has been the trend thus far.

If you would like to hear further implications I can provide them to you but I don't know you're style and I don't want to post too much thought if you turn out to be a troll. I'm sure you understand. This subject takes a bit of mental capability. Once again, I'm not insulting you, I just don't know you.

Last edited:

To be honest, the portion you criticized was posted precisely in order to get you to do what you did. Read and comment.

I was also curious if liberals would defend themselves as "Alphas." My findings are that liberals have accepted their beta status and instead of answering the question of the thread they instead assume that they are betas and criticize alpha mentality as conservative. This has been the trend thus far. I

f you would like to hear further implications I can provide them to you but I don't know you're style and I don't want to post too much thought if you turn out to be a troll. I'm sure you understand. This subject takes a bit of mental capability. Once again, I'm not insulting you, I just don't know you.

Sure that part makes sense.

I just found the premise of the OP to be irreconcilably facile. It never defines "alpha male/beta male". Sure I may have my definition, others may have theirs, but you didn't give yours. You also didn't note what the significance is. That's why I didn't bother to vote -- it's not defined. Sounds like so much psychobabble.

And why male? Are there not alpha/beta females? And what's their significance?

Too much left undefined. No starting point.

Actually -- you haven't defined 'liberals' either. There are varying interpretations.

Last edited:

I was also curious if liberals would defend themselves as "Alphas." My findings are that liberals have accepted their beta status and instead of answering the question of the thread they instead assume that they are betas and criticize alpha mentality as conservative. This has been the trend thus far. I

f you would like to hear further implications I can provide them to you but I don't know you're style and I don't want to post too much thought if you turn out to be a troll. I'm sure you understand. This subject takes a bit of mental capability. Once again, I'm not insulting you, I just don't know you.

I just found the premise of the OP to be irreconcilably facile. It never defines "alpha male/beta male". Sure I may have my definition, others may have theirs, but you didn't give yours. You also didn't note what the significance is. That's why I didn't bother to vote -- it's not defined. Sounds like so much psychobabble.

Actually -- you haven't defined 'liberals' either. There are varying interpretations.

Much of what you say is true. However, if you look around you see people bring their own definition of what an "alpha" is. Indeed, there is no standardized definition. Moreover, the further left you look the more likely you are to see people criticizing "alpha" mentality.

There are alpha females as well. They are usually confident, independent, intelligent, and good looking. In my experience those who detract from these qualities have insecurities that afford them beta qualities.

I define liberals by who ever wants to take up the mantle, usually in the modern sense as politically defined.

My thesis is that the further you are towards leftist ideology the more likely you will accept a beta status or criticize alpha mentality. This may come from insecurities and that's why they are more collectivist than the largely independent and more conservative alpha. Never have I seen so many emasculate themselves. But that's getting closer to culture.

Last edited:

Much of what you say is true. However, if you look around you see people bring their own definition of what an "alpha" is. Indeed, there is no standardized definition. Moreover, the further left you look the more likely you are to see people criticizing "alpha" mentality.

There are alpha females as well. They are usually confident, independent, intelligent, and good looking. In my experience those who detract from these qualities have insecurities that afford them beta qualities.

I define liberals by who ever wants to take up the mantle, usually in the modern sense as politically defined.

My thesis is that the further you are towards leftist ideology the more likely you will accept a beta status or criticize alpha mentality. This may come from insecurities and that's why they are more collectivist than the largely independent and more conservative alpha. Never have I seen so many emasculate themselves. But that's getting closer to culture.

OK well first of all to work from bottom up, you seem to want to conflate liberals with leftists. It would help if you could pick one.

You're right that it's approaching culture, and psychology. And could be a fascinating examination of active versus passive principles, if that's what you're going for. But we can't do that without a definition of terms. If we're going to just throw up our hands and say 'oh well, it means different things to different people, whatever dood', then we have no ground to stand on as a starting point.

So far it would seem questions beget more questions, e.g. why would an alpha female tend to be "good looking"? And 'good looking' to who? :dunno:

Sorry, I just don't see how this topic can have any meaning at all without strict standardized definitions. You may be on to a stimulating subject here but it seems anarchic in its organisation.

Maybe it needs an alpha male to take charge and clear it up :lol:

Last edited:

OK well first of all to work from bottom up, you seem to want to conflate liberals with leftists. It would help if you could pick one.

You're right that it's approaching culture, and psychology. And could be a fascinating examination of active versus passive principles, if that's what you're going for. But we can't do that without a definition of terms. If we're going to just throw up our hands and say 'oh well, it means different things to different people, whatever dood', then we have no ground to stand on as a starting point.

So far it would seem questions beget more questions, e.g. why would an alpha female tend to be "good looking"? And 'good looking' to who? :dunno:

Sorry, I just don't see how this topic can have any meaning at all without strict standardized definitions. You may be on to a stimulating subject here but it seems anarchic in its organisation.

Thanks for the input. If you define yourself as someone politically left perhaps we can team up on one of these some time? I just want a balance of opinion.

The only people that say beauty is subjective are ugly people.

Now the question is, are you just average level of ugly, or disfigured ugly?

The only people that say beauty is subjective are ugly people.

Now the question is, are you just average level of ugly, or disfigured ugly?

Indeed, it gets to that beta insecurity.

Thanks for the input. If you define yourself as someone politically left perhaps we can team up on one of these some time? I just want a balance of opinion.

And that's a worthy quest but you can't get any meaningful opinion until you define what it is you're talking about. What we all mean by "alpha" and "beta" -- if it means anything at all, of which I have yet to be convinced. Before we have an exchange of ideas we have to establish a common currency in which to traffic. Seems to me the first order of business would be to define "alpha" and "beta", long before we go anywhere else.

FWIW I resist hanging labels on people as opposed to on philosophies (which preference is going to make such a poll problematic even if we do define terms). But if I did I'd be more comfortable with Liberal than with leftist. I don't consider them at all the same thing.

And that's a worthy quest but you can't get any meaningful opinion until you define what it is you're talking about. What we all mean by "alpha" and "beta" -- if it means anything at all, of which I have yet to be convinced. Before we have an exchange of ideas we have to establish a common currency in which to traffic. Seems to me the first order of business would be to define "alpha" and "beta", long before we go anywhere else.

FWIW I resist hanging labels on people as opposed to on philosophies (which preference is going to make such a poll problematic even if we do define terms). But if I did I'd be more comfortable with Liberal than with leftist. I don't consider them at all the same thing.

This is a very beta post.

Forum List

Back