Which Ice is more important? Arctic or Antarctic?

The AGW religion mentions the Antarctic once for every 100 times they reference the Arctic. No mistake.........it works better for them. Don't take my word for it......go a few pages through this forum and try to find Antarctic threads sponsored by the AGW climate crusaders. Zero. Even if you have a marginal ability to connect the dots you realize its part of the agenda. They don't want the environmentally curious to be finding out whats happening in the Antarctic.......best for them to stick to the Arctic. They've been puling this scam for well over a decade.

ghey

Last edited:
The magnetic field of the Earth has more to do with climate than CO2.

So it is believed by at least some scientists.

I find this news somewhat alarming,

Forget global warming, worry about the Earth's MAGNETOSPHERE | Mail Online

In the Steens Mountain Basalts, we have a complete record of a magnetic reversal. Field collapses and all. At the same time, we have pretty accurate records of the flora and faunal of that era, in the same era. It seemed to have affected the flora and fauna very little.

The AGW religion mentions the Antarctic once for every 100 times they reference the Arctic. No mistake.........it works better for them. Don't take my word for it......go a few pages through this forum and try to find Antarctic threads sponsored by the AGW climate crusaders. Zero. Even if you have a marginal ability to connect the dots you realize its part of the agenda. They don't want the environmentally curious to be finding out whats happening in the Antarctic.......best for them to stick to the Arctic. They've been puling this scam for well over a decade.

ghey

https://www.skepticalscience.com/antarctica-gaining-ice.htm

Antarctica is gaining ice
"[Ice] is expanding in much of Antarctica, contrary to the widespread public belief that global warming is melting the continental ice cap." (Greg Roberts, The Australian)
Skeptic arguments that Antarctica is gaining ice frequently hinge on an error of omission, namely ignoring the difference between land ice and sea ice.

In glaciology and particularly with respect to Antarctic ice, not all things are created equal. Let us consider the following differences. Antarctic land ice is the ice which has accumulated over thousands of years on the Antarctica landmass itself through snowfall. This land ice therefore is actually stored ocean water that once fell as precipitation. Sea ice in Antarctica is quite different as it is ice which forms in salt water primarily during the winter months. When land ice melts and flows into the oceans global sea levels rise on average; when sea ice melts sea levels do not change measurably.

In Antarctica, sea ice grows quite extensively during winter but nearly completely melts away during the summer (Figure 1). That is where the important difference between Antarctic and Arctic sea ice exists as much of the Arctic's sea ice lasts all the year round. During the winter months it increases and before decreasing during the summer months, but an ice cover does in fact remain in the North which includes quite a bit of ice from previous years (Figure 1). Essentially Arctic sea ice is more important for the earth's energy balance because when it increasingly melts, more sunlight is absorbed by the oceans whereas Antarctic sea ice normally melts each summer leaving the earth's energy balance largely unchanged

ghey

https://www.skepticalscience.com/antarctica-gaining-ice.htm

Antarctica is gaining ice
"[Ice] is expanding in much of Antarctica, contrary to the widespread public belief that global warming is melting the continental ice cap." (Greg Roberts, The Australian)
Skeptic arguments that Antarctica is gaining ice frequently hinge on an error of omission, namely ignoring the difference between land ice and sea ice.

In glaciology and particularly with respect to Antarctic ice, not all things are created equal. Let us consider the following differences. Antarctic land ice is the ice which has accumulated over thousands of years on the Antarctica landmass itself through snowfall. This land ice therefore is actually stored ocean water that once fell as precipitation. Sea ice in Antarctica is quite different as it is ice which forms in salt water primarily during the winter months. When land ice melts and flows into the oceans global sea levels rise on average; when sea ice melts sea levels do not change measurably.

In Antarctica, sea ice grows quite extensively during winter but nearly completely melts away during the summer (Figure 1). That is where the important difference between Antarctic and Arctic sea ice exists as much of the Arctic's sea ice lasts all the year round. During the winter months it increases and before decreasing during the summer months, but an ice cover does in fact remain in the North which includes quite a bit of ice from previous years (Figure 1). Essentially Arctic sea ice is more important for the earth's energy balance because when it increasingly melts, more sunlight is absorbed by the oceans whereas Antarctic sea ice normally melts each summer leaving the earth's energy balance largely unchanged

Uh, I do not think these "Scientist" understand Ice, at all. This article is from June of 2013, in January of 2014, these Scientist got stuck in the Ice as they were studying it. The Scientist have no understanding of the basics of freezing Ice, let alone an understanding of a more complex system like, Earth.

I bet no weatherman has ever gotten wet in the rain. No car mechanic has ever had his car breakdown. No pilot has ever crashed his plane. Need I carry on?

Your argument is stupid. Don't follow the crowd just cause they've got a crowd. Most crowds are far more stupid than most individuals.

I bet no weatherman has ever gotten wet in the rain. No car mechanic has ever had his car breakdown. No pilot has ever crashed his plane. Need I carry on?

Your argument is stupid. Don't follow the crowd just cause they've got a crowd. Most crowds are far more stupid than most individuals.

As the CAGW crowd demonstrates at every opportunity.

Helpful hint, Westwall, using the strange term "CAGW" instantly identifies the speaker as a WUWT cultist. No normal person ever uses that strange phrase.

Forum List

Back