Which Crisis Or Tragedy Has Helped Democrats The Most?

17ghraibhood.jpg

Democrats have been taking advantage of every crisis that has happened in America for decades. I was wondering which crisis helped them win elections or will help them win elections the most?

It's clear that Sandy Hook has helped Obama get us off of talking about Benghazi and he's using gun legislation to help give him back a Democrat House. It's really sad to see him politicizing this tragedy to the extent he has.

You can make a top ten list of favorite Democrat disasters, tragedies, or crisis or you can just pick which one of the following has in your opinion helped them the most:

Prisoner Abuse At Abu Ghraib
The Sandy Hook School Massacre
Katrina
9/11
The Trayvan Martin Killing
Rodney King
Slavery
The Iraq War
George W. Bush (Their official neverending scapegoat)
Illegal Immigration
Gulf Oil Spill
Occupy Wall Street
Exxon Valdez
3 Mile Island
Health Care
Global Warming
Watergate
Enron
Halliburton
The 2008 Recession (The worst economy since the Great Depression)

With a list like this it seems when things go wrong Democrats always come out on top. It makes one wonder if they sort of enjoy all of the bad that happens in or to this country.

So, hang on ... you compiled a list of fuckups by Republicans and friends and mixed in some natural disasters.... and you want reasons why they're all the fault of Democrats?

Just wanted to be clear.

Is George Orwell your ghostwriter?
Mudwhistle has proven to me a while back that he's a certified RW nutjob, but yes, you see the mucked up logic implemented here?

Bonafide RW eff ups are now somehow the left's fault for "exploiting" them, so they have managed to find a way to lay blame on the Democrats for Republican eff ups....royal ones too.

See how the party of responsibility rolls?

Failed liberalism: Exhibit A

The Obama Administration’s FY 2012 proposed budget continues the trend of reducing defense spending below safe levels while allowing entitlement spending to grow unchecked.

Providing for the defense of the United States is the federal government’s most important responsibility. Yet these truths seem to be missing from the Obama Administration’s fiscal year 2012 budget request. Drastically cutting the military, which is already stretched too thin and using aging equipment, is deeply misguided. It would weaken the U.S. military forces at a time when the threats to U.S. security are mounting, and such cuts would create budget fault lines that could become fissures down the road.

Cutting defense spending as threats to national security increase? Something doesn't add up.

Failed Liberalism: Exhibit B

President Obama’s proposed $447 billion American Jobs Act would increase taxes on job creators in order to offset the costs of his plan.

Almost all of the $447 billion in increased revenue called for by President Obama would come from raising taxes on job creators—the same job creators whom President Obama wants to hire more workers to reduce the unemployment rate. This tax hike would negate any benefits the President thinks will come from this act—in fact, the proposals outlined in his plan would likely reduce employment in the long term and dampen the already hurting American economy.

Taxing those you need to help you create jobs? Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Failed Liberalism: Exhibit C

Created in the 1970s as one of President Jimmy Carter's bright ideas, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) has seen its mission evolve from basic research and development to spending billions to commercialize technologies that aren’t yet viable—and might never be.

Despite funding numerous projects that never get off the ground, the U.S. Department of Energy has seen its budget grow by more than $11 billion in the last 10 years—a 76% increase! Because our nation is looking for spending to cut, the DOE might be the place to start. Instead of focusing on opening new sources of energy, the DOE pushes politically correct pet projects that are expensed to the American people.

Some of these ideas . . . like mood rings and polyester pants . . . are better left in the 1970s.

Failed Liberalism: Exhibit D

Liberals created the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) to encourage private lenders to meet the needs of borrowers in low- and moderate-income neighborhoods.

The CRA spawned sub-prime mortgage lending, which boomed starting in the mid-1990s under President Bill Clinton. When the bubble burst, millions of sub-prime borrowers—the low-income people the CRA was created to help—found themselves owing more than their homes were worth. This set off the foreclosure cascade, tipped the economy into a prolonged recession, and plunged many families into poverty after they lost the homes they couldn’t afford but that Washington induced them to buy.

Ignoring the law of unintended consequences: It just doesn’t work.

Failed Liberalism: Exhibit E

Senate liberals' 2011 immigration proposal offered multiple "paths to citizenship" for foreign nationals who were in America illegally.

They touted their Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2011 as the complete and real solution to America’s immigration problems. Hoping Americans would ignore history, though, this liberal manipulation is as catastrophically irresponsible as the amnesty law Congress adopted in 1986, which more than quadrupled the population of people here illegally.

Doing the same thing and expecting a different result: That’s not going to get us anywhere.

Oh.. did I step on a poor liberal's ego with that?

The 'tragedy' of people not earning as much as they think they should when emptying trash cans or flipping burgers.. I mean it is such a TRAGEDY that they don't earn 40K while doing that :rolleyes:

But a CEO getting 8 figures for running his company into the ground and requiring a bailout the rest of us have to pay for, this is just fine by you?

The 'tragedy' of people not earning as much as they think they should when emptying trash cans or flipping burgers.. I mean it is such a TRAGEDY that they don't earn 40K while doing that :rolleyes:

But a CEO getting 8 figures for running his company into the ground and requiring a bailout the rest of us have to pay for, this is just fine by you?

Yup, Obama is our country's CEO.

[moralizing bogusness deleted]

Liberals don't seem to have the same principles that conservatives have when it comes to who they choose to put in office.

[more bogusness deleted to cut to the chase]

Truth is anyone who trusts anyone in government is a fool.

Junebug Bush vaporized any pretense the party of the the filthy god damned scum who voted for him have any kind of a leg up on any of the other scum in American politics.

But your second point - your rational point - is dead on which means there is some hope you might wake up to the realities that Reagan tripled the national debt in peacetime and that there hasn't been a conservative president since Kennedy or maybe even IKE.

Liberals don't seem to have the same principles that conservatives have when it comes to who they choose to put in office.

*Bogus deleted bullshit*

But your second point - your rational point - is dead on which means there is some hope you might wake up

*More bogus deleted bullshit*

How do you like it when people edit your shit?

Don't edit quotes. It totally destroys your point and renders it irrelevant.

Yup, Obama is our country's CEO.

Okay, guy, you really need to get over your Obama Derangment syndrome, guy.

He's gonna be president for the next four years and your town will probably name a school after him.

Learn. To. Deal.

The great Depression
The Bush administration
The JFK assassination
Nixon impeachment

*Bogus deleted bullshit*

But your second point - your rational point - is dead on which means there is some hope you might wake up

*More bogus deleted bullshit*

How do you like it when people edit your shit?

Don't edit quotes. It totally destroys your point and renders it irrelevant.

Clearly marked "snips" don't bother me at all because it is accepted practice and there is nothing wrong with it.

However, you edited cleverly enough to make me laugh, so in your case I'll try to honor your request.

Tragedies that damage the country hurt everyone. No one is "helped". Too bad Republicans don't understand this. It's why they could let millions of unemployed Americans suffer while protecting tax cuts for billionaires. The wealthy few are all they care about. Everyone else are doormats who have worn out their welcome.

Yeah.... only the fact that you get to get taxed less matters... equality for those who can foot the bill for things you want does not matter... they can take more punishment and should pay for your shit

:rolleyes:

Ridiculous

I don't know a single billionaire with private jets who has been taxed into the poor house. Not one.

Well Obama has had only 4 years while Bush had 8 to get on your nerves so it's understandable, but I expect Obama will wear on you faster than Bush in the next couple of years. The closer he gets to leaving office the more screwed up he will become.

Well I think that both parties want extreme things, and that if both parties have equal power they'll stop each other from enacting those extreme things. And it will be great for this country.

For example, Clinton didn't do anything too crazy because the republicans were in charge of congress... and America prospered. Reagan didn't do anything too crazy because the Democrats were in charge of congress... and America prospered.

My gripe with Bush is that Republicans had complete power over everything and it got to their heads. During his last 2 years I thought Bush was great.

I hated Obama for his first 2 years because he was also jizzing himself over his power but since then I think he's been fine.

Thoughts?

Bush changed his priorities to focus only on the war after 9/11. He let a lot slide, trusted untrustworthy advisers when he should have fired them.

Obama doesn't take a crap without considering the political ramifications. He doesn't do what is best for the country but what is best for his base or his party. The country was doing fine yet he wanted to change it to be just the same as those countries that we lead.

Obama believes in two things. Punish the rich (Whites) and win elections by any means necessary. Never admit fault and always take credit for what you didn't do. Never govern or lead because then nobody can say you were responsible when your programs go to shit. And when you can't avoid blame change the subject and refuse to comment on what went wrong, stonewall anyone who wants to find out what you've been up to whether it's something that might make you look bad or something you know is illegal as Hell.

Obama's base is the middle class. What is best for them is best for the country. It's been that way since this country became a country. It's the same for every country. It's this obsession with helping the unfortunate super rich the Republicans have that will drive this country into the ground. We saw what happened under Bush. That party hasn't changed. They just disowned Bush for embarrassing them. But they still have the same policies.

He earned HIS money

Forum List

Back