Which cause of death gets the most coverage by the MSM...

Yes, why would the founders create a second amendment to enable "treason" when treason itself was mentioned in the main body of the Constitution? What, you have the right to bear arms but direct those arms toward the government and you will be convicted of treason?

The purpose of the second amendment is clear if you know anything about American History. The founders had a real fear of standing armies, and for good reason. Just read the Declaration of Independence. And I noticed you ignored Article I, Section 8, a real protection against a standing army. And therein lies the purpose of the second amendment, to provide for a "militia", I mean the perfunctory clause ain't there for shits and giggles, to stand at the ready instead of having a standing army.

The second amendment wasn't about personal defense, hell, when it was written most townships required, you got that REQUIRED, residents to keep their arms at a centrally located armory. Much like our Grandma example, residents were more likely to be overran by Native Americans and their guns stolen than they ever were of holding them off. Muskets against skilled archers, not much of a contest. Hence the requirement of having them at the armory. And yes, in regards to the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the British were on their way to the armory in Concord. I mean hello howdy. The minutemen went to the Armory, got their guns, and waited on the British. Not like they grabbed them from under their damn bed.

And hunting, give me a damn break. The colonists sucked at hunting. The idea that they went out and shot their dinner is a flippin joke. Hell, more likely they traded their damn musket for dinner. Daniel Boone was an anomoly, much like my great, great, great, great grandfather, who made a fine living "hunting" and spoke Cherokee and German, no English. If everyone could hunt he wouldn't have been able to build a fortune.

And there is gun control. Guns were outlawed in most Western towns, you had to check them in with the local sheriff when you entered town. What the hell you think the shoot out at OK Corral was about? I mean the shit starts getting ridiculous. The gun lobby has completely revised history for their own profit motives, the number of children and others killed be damned. It is time this shit came to an end.
So it was plainly legal to own a gun that was not in an armory.

Most people don't get firearms. There are many varieties, you can ban one and then shotguns replace them.
If you ban shotguns, then there are pistols.
If you ban pistols, people will make their own.

There are so many guns in the US that even if ALL NEW SALES were banned, it wouldn't matter. A gun lives a long long time.

I'd rather focus on the shooter than the gun.
Now that's the POINT!!! But the biased MSM will NOT point this out. They also don't point out what Chris Rock told us back in 2007!
Chris Rock's video that explained the reasons why young black men especially make up a larger percentage.
"How not to get your ass kicked by the police!

And what better source of teaching compliance is a two parent family.
Historically Moms were the arbitrators and Dads the authority figures.
According to 2021 U.S. Census Bureau, 4 out of about 11 million single parent families with children under the age of 18, nearly 80 percent were headed by single mothers. Of all single-parent families in the U.S., single mothers make up the majority. About 4 out 10 children were born to unwed mothers.Mar 12, 2022 Single Mother Statistics (UPDATED 2023)
lack of authority figure in growing up, lack of compliance then to authority and finally the BIASED MSM have brought these events greater attention.

Oh and by the way.. no guns!!!
May 18, 1927 Bath, Michigan School treasurer Andrew Kehoe, after killing his wife and destroying his house and farm, blew up the Bath Consolidated School by detonating dynamite in the basement of the school, killing 38 people, mostly children. He then pulled up to the school in his Ford car, then blew the car up, killing himself and four others. Only one shot was f
NOTE: 38 killed by detonating dynamite!
I can go on!

instead of having a standing army.
You are attempting to make a point that does not exist. It was not "instead" it was in "addition to" Your assertion is fallacious.

Several challenges, all rejected by the courts.
You might try reading it. You don't have to go far. It DID NOT ban assault weapons. It prohibited the manufacture for civilian use. It never made an attempt to ban ownership. It also expired ten years later and was NOT renewed for obvious reasons. All of this info is in the FIRST paragraph of your link. Also missing is a definition of an "assault" weapon. I contend that a knife that is used to "assault" a person is an "assault" weapon. You dims cannot even define what you are trying to prohibit. Are your dad's weapons less capable of assault than any other firearm? No they are not. Try again.

Yes, why would the founders create a second amendment to enable "treason" when treason itself was mentioned in the main body of the Constitution? What, you have the right to bear arms but direct those arms toward the government and you will be convicted of treason?

The purpose of the second amendment is clear if you know anything about American History. The founders had a real fear of standing armies, and for good reason. Just read the Declaration of Independence. And I noticed you ignored Article I, Section 8, a real protection against a standing army. And therein lies the purpose of the second amendment, to provide for a "militia", I mean the perfunctory clause ain't there for shits and giggles, to stand at the ready instead of having a standing army.

The second amendment wasn't about personal defense, hell, when it was written most townships required, you got that REQUIRED, residents to keep their arms at a centrally located armory. Much like our Grandma example, residents were more likely to be overran by Native Americans and their guns stolen than they ever were of holding them off. Muskets against skilled archers, not much of a contest. Hence the requirement of having them at the armory. And yes, in regards to the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the British were on their way to the armory in Concord. I mean hello howdy. The minutemen went to the Armory, got their guns, and waited on the British. Not like they grabbed them from under their damn bed.

And hunting, give me a damn break. The colonists sucked at hunting. The idea that they went out and shot their dinner is a flippin joke. Hell, more likely they traded their damn musket for dinner. Daniel Boone was an anomoly, much like my great, great, great, great grandfather, who made a fine living "hunting" and spoke Cherokee and German, no English. If everyone could hunt he wouldn't have been able to build a fortune.

And there is gun control. Guns were outlawed in most Western towns, you had to check them in with the local sheriff when you entered town. What the hell you think the shoot out at OK Corral was about? I mean the shit starts getting ridiculous. The gun lobby has completely revised history for their own profit motives, the number of children and others killed be damned. It is time this shit came to an end.
The Founding Fathers came from an overbearing government. They most certainly would give the Second Amendment to the people.
One thing to remember, the Constitution and the Amendments were not to protect the government from it's People, but to protect the
People from their government.
Make no mistake about that.

I know you don't like guns, but....life is a bitch.

Forum List

Back