Where the hell is the dad in this new hot wheels commercial ?

Jeez people, it is a freakin Hot Wheels commercial. They threw in a little feel good philosophy.

But then people go off on some knee-jerk reaction based on their own fantasies or fears. WTF?

Maybe Dad is at work. So many of the same people triggered by this commercial have lamented the changes in our world. They want to turn back time to when Dad worked and Mom stayed home with the kids. This commercial could as easily be that situation as it could be anything. You want commercials to fit what you want? This ones could be that.

But, in the end, it is a commercial for a toy. Quit being a snowflake.

Or it could be to push an agenda.

What agenda? The fact that both parents are not present every second of the day is not the basis for any agenda. In order for there to be a push for the agenda the OP claims, you have to assume a lot that is not shown here.

This is a Mom playing with her son and Hot Wheels.

I was raised by two parents in a typical 50s & 60s suburban family. My Dad sat for tea parties with my sister without my Mom being at the table. My Mom and I played with my electric trains when Dad was at work. The things that are upsetting many conservatives are just as ridiculous as the things making liberals cry.

Damn we have become an easily offended society.

Jeez people, it is a freakin Hot Wheels commercial. They threw in a little feel good philosophy.

But then people go off on some knee-jerk reaction based on their own fantasies or fears. WTF?

Maybe Dad is at work. So many of the same people triggered by this commercial have lamented the changes in our world. They want to turn back time to when Dad worked and Mom stayed home with the kids. This commercial could as easily be that situation as it could be anything. You want commercials to fit what you want? This ones could be that.

What agenda? The fact that both parents are not present every second of the day is not the basis for any agenda. In order for there to be a push for the agenda the OP claims, you have to assume a lot that is not shown here.

I was raised by two parents in a typical 50s & 60s suburban family. My Dad sat for tea parties with my sister without my Mom being at the table. My Mom and I played with my electric trains when Dad was at work. The things that are upsetting many conservatives are just as ridiculous as the things making liberals cry.

Difference is in the 50s and 60s, many, many, many more households had two parent families.

In the 50s and 60s, people weren't pushing what they push to be accepted today.

Why do you assume I'm offended? I only show what's being pushed and what those pushing it demand be accepted.

Difference is in the 50s and 60s, many, many, many more households had two parent families.

Why do you assume I'm offended? I only show what's being pushed and what those pushing it demand be accepted.

You have shown nothing of the sort. There is nothing that shows that this is pushing anything except the sale of toy cars.

And why do you assume I specifically meant you when I said we are an easily offended society? There are plenty in this thread who are obviously offended.

You have shown nothing of the sort. There is nothing that shows that this is pushing anything except the sale of toy cars.

And why do you assume I specifically meant you when I said we are an easily offended society? There are plenty in this thread who are obviously offended.

You have ignored what I've shown.

I don't need to assume. YOUR response was to me. Perhaps I should have assumed you meant everyone but me despite responding to me.

I don't need to assume. YOUR response was to me. Perhaps I should have assumed you meant everyone but me despite responding to me.

Shown? You have shown nothing that makes this commercial anything but a Mom playing cars with her son.

I posted a response to you and added a comment. I had forgotten that your favorite distraction technique is resorting to a semantics argument.

Come back when you have something worthwhile to say.

Shown? You have shown nothing that makes this commercial anything but a Mom playing cars with her son.

I posted a response to you and added a comment. I had forgotten that your favorite distraction technique is resorting to a semantics argument.

I have said things that are worthwhile. You ran from them.

Words mean something. Running from yours only invalidates any claim you made.

Thanks for proving my point.

As for you saying something worthwhile, you didn't like the various descriptions of "two parents" that someone posted, and you think this commercial pushes an agenda, despite the fact that nothing of an agenda is even hinted at. A mom is playing cars with her son. Seems like good family fun to me.

You didn't make a point. You did prove you'll use words then run from them like a pussy when expected to stand by them.

You didn't make a point. You did prove you'll use words then run from them like a pussy when expected to stand by them.

LMAO! I stand by my point. The commercial does nothing to push any agenda, and you haven't said anything related to the topic in 3 or 4 posts.

I am not getting into another semantics argument with you. If you want to talk about the topic, that is fine. I'll reply. Otherwise, you can play your games with yourself.

LMAO! I stand by my point. The commercial does nothing to push any agenda, and you haven't said anything related to the topic in 3 or 4 posts.

I am not getting into another semantics argument with you. If you want to talk about the topic, that is fine. I'll reply. Otherwise, you can play your games with yourself.

You didn't make a point. You ran from your words.

Not only are you running from your words, you're running from a better man. Typical pussy. I don't take orders from a coward like you. If you don't want to reply, don't. It will prove my point. Thanks.

Ya know in another forum this crazy libtard woman poster told me with a straight face, liberals have not promoted single motherhood the past 40 plus years..

They haven't "promoted" anything of the kind nor does that commercial promote single motherhood. It promotes the idea that cars aren't just for boys. My granddaughter, who just turned 2 has the best collection of Hot Wheels ever.

Getting back to your original idea that liberals have "promoted" single motherhood, that's not true at all. They have simply said that there are all kinds of families, and that those of us who are raised by single mothers aren't to be looked down on because of it.

My father died when I was eleven. What was my mother supposed to do? Maybe she should have gone out bar hopping for a new husband so I would have a two parent family like my friend's mother. Her stepdad tried to rape her when she was 13.

The divorce rate in North America is over 50%. That means that most kids are being raised by single parents at some point. Maybe if men took being married more seriously, and didn't walk out on their wives and children, there'd be fewer single mothers for you to rag on about.
Women are overwhelmingly the initiator of divorce. Nice try though...

Maybe would could dismiss the commercial as an attempt at comedy, rather than an attempt at social sabotage of society? Still, dad could have been mentioned, "Let's play while dad is at work."

When it comes to stunt driving, women aren't nearly as good as men. Their brain structure doesn't offer them the same potential in this area.

I was more worried over how they were treating that Camaro...
I just worried about the hot wheel tracks. My mom used to whip us with hot wheel tracks when we were little brats. So we hid them. We must have been more naughty than nice because Santa gave us more hot wheel tracks for Christmas.

Funny commercial.....But......Pretending that a woman's instinct for risk is equal to a man's is pure fantasy. That mother would no more risk her son in a fast car much less think about putting his life in danger. She is not a real mom by any stretch of the imagination.

The whole point of the commercial is that they were playing make believe with the hot wheels. Believe it or not, kids like to do that sometimes.

Ya know in another forum this crazy libtard woman poster told me with a straight face, liberals have not promoted single motherhood the past 40 plus years..

They haven't "promoted" anything of the kind nor does that commercial promote single motherhood. It promotes the idea that cars aren't just for boys. My granddaughter, who just turned 2 has the best collection of Hot Wheels ever.

Getting back to your original idea that liberals have "promoted" single motherhood, that's not true at all. They have simply said that there are all kinds of families, and that those of us who are raised by single mothers aren't to be looked down on because of it.

My father died when I was eleven. What was my mother supposed to do? Maybe she should have gone out bar hopping for a new husband so I would have a two parent family like my friend's mother. Her stepdad tried to rape her when she was 13.

The divorce rate in North America is over 50%. That means that most kids are being raised by single parents at some point. Maybe if men took being married more seriously, and didn't walk out on their wives and children, there'd be fewer single mothers for you to rag on about.

Link?

I can think of several reasons why that might be.

Her husband moved out but he owns the house, her car, and has control of their assets. He still controls her life as long as they are merely separated. Many credit card companies and lenders won't grant a married woman credit in her own name unless her husband signs. So she's hamstrung.

The husband has all of the advantages here. He gets to be a single guy, date other women, but he doesn't lose half of everything he owns. I know a couple who have been separated for 30 years. He's rich and doesn't want to give her half. Or the lawyers any.

Often the wife wants to remarry, but can't without a divorce. The husband wants to remain married because then his girlfriend can't pressure him into marriage if he isn't divorced.

As with most things, the power is with the man. He doesn't file for divorce for the reasons outlined above. So wives do the filing, but its men who do the leaving.

Link?

Her husband moved out but he owns the house, her car, and has control of their assets. He still controls her life as long as they are merely separated. Many credit card companies and lenders won't grant a married woman credit in her own name unless her husband signs. So she's hamstrung.

The husband has all of the advantages here. He gets to be a single guy, date other women, but he doesn't lose half of everything he owns. I know a couple who have been separated for 30 years. He's rich and doesn't want to give her half. Or the lawyers any.

Often the wife wants to remarry, but can't without a divorce. The husband wants to remain married because then his girlfriend can't pressure him into marriage if he isn't divorced.

As with most things, the power is with the man. He doesn't file for divorce for the reasons outlined above. So wives do the filing, but its men who do the leaving.
Whatever helps you sleep at night...

Maybe would could dismiss the commercial as an attempt at comedy, rather than an attempt at social sabotage of society? Still, dad could have been mentioned, "Let's play while dad is at work."

When it comes to stunt driving, women aren't nearly as good as men. Their brain structure doesn't offer them the same potential in this area.

How would you know about brain structure? Apparently yours was damaged in childbirth or your mother dribbled you like a basketball when you were small.

Link?

You apparently know nothing about this topic either. Why don't you find another hobby? You suck at this one.

Forum List

Back