Where next for Conservatism ?

Except for the fact that we've had an electorally (and unpopular) elected president who has brought this nation to it's knees with this pandemek which he's bungled greatly. To add insult to injury, this cockroach trump made his good buddy De Joy head of the post office so he could sabotage the processing of mail during this election

I voted In person at the Sheriff's Substation on October the 16th, and have no doubt my vote has been properly counted.
There were no lines, proper safety measures were in place, it was quick, easy and wasn't stressful at all.

If you cannot figure out how to vote, and have to try and blame anyone other than the people who run your State Elections ...
You can blame yourself for electing the people who are now failing you yet again ... :thup:

They know how to vote and they know there is no voter suppression at all...

What they are claiming for voter suppression is that they want to keep on voting and counting until they get the count they want which mean they want to keep going until Biden win every States and if anyone that deny them this then they will scream voter suppression...

I am a very liberal minded person and I do not like Trump but I want him to lose fairly and if he win again then so be it...

They know how to vote and they know there is no voter suppression at all...

What they are claiming for voter suppression is that they want to keep on voting and counting until they get the count they want which mean they want to keep going until Biden win every States and if anyone that deny them this then they will scream voter suppression...

I am a very liberal minded person and I do not like Trump but I want him to lose fairly and if he win again then so be it...

State Legislatures set election laws, and State Election Boards execute the process.
If anyone has a problem with their State or local elections, then they need to do a better job of deciding their own fate.

If their election processes are messed up, it isn't a Federal issue.
We had problems here long ago, and got rid of the people causing the problems.

We haven't seen a conservative in the White House since Reagan. I saw at least one leftwing post that called Biden conservative and lots of posts in the last three years that claimed Trump wasn't conservative enough so the label is subject to discussion. One thing is certain though that the Supreme Court now has a conservative majority that relies on the Constitution rather than emotion or political expediency and that's the biggest victory for the conservative movement in the last half century.

I saw at least one leftwing post that called Biden conservative and lots of posts in the last three years that claimed Trump wasn't conservative enough so the label itself is up for discussion. One thing is certain though that the Supreme Court has a conservative majority that relies on the Constitution rather than emotion or political expediency and that's the biggest victory of the conservative movement in the last half century.

Justice Thomas does not amount to a majority, and I'm still not too sure about the rest that claim to be ... :auiqs.jpg:

I saw at least one leftwing post that called Biden conservative and lots of posts in the last three years that claimed Trump wasn't conservative enough so the label itself is up for discussion. One thing is certain though that the Supreme Court has a conservative majority that relies on the Constitution rather than emotion or political expediency and that's the biggest victory of the conservative movement in the last half century.

Justice Thomas does not amount to a majority, and I'm still not too sure about the rest that claim to be ... :auiqs.jpg:

Lefties seemed hysterical over the prospect of Barrett being confirmed so I expect the Court will rely on the Constitution for it's decisions. Kind of strange to be lectured by a Brit about political labels when they still call elected officials "Lords" and you can never join the royal family unless you marry one of the degenerates.

Lefties seemed hysterical over the prospect of Barrett being confirmed so I expect the Court will rely on the Constitution for it's decisions. Kind of strange to be lectured by a Brit about political labels when they still call elected officials "Lords" and you can never join the royal family unless you marry one of the degenerates.

Justice Barret is new ... We'll see what she has.

Most people (at least the ones I know) just watch the Supreme Court for the votes and/or consequences.
When I have time, I like to actually read the decisions, and get a better glimpse into the thought that went into the decisions.

Justices Scalia (deceased) and Thomas demonstrated Originalism closer than any others I have come across after reading some of their decisions.
I haven't been as impressed with Justices Alito, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, nor Chief Justice Roberts.

Perhaps it's just setting the bar too high, thinking they would be anything like the other two anyway.

Last edited:

Justice Barret is new ... We'll see what she has.

Most people (at least the ones I know) just watch the Supreme Court for the votes and/or consequences.
When I have time, I like to actually read the decisions, and get a better glimpse into the thought that went into the decisions.

Justices Scalia (deceased) and Thomas demonstrated Originalism closer than any others I have come across after reading some of their decisions.
I haven't been as impressed with Justices Alito, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, nor Chief Justice Roberts.

Perhaps it's just setting the bar too high, thinking they would anything like the other two anyway.

I don't watch the S.C. closely but I was so impressed with Barrett lecturing Senators about the difference between a political agenda and and a decision based on the Constitution. It's the first time in history that a S.C. nominee made that distinction to my knowledge. I'm not expecting monumental stuff like reversing Roe but I am satisfied with Barrett's confirmation.

If the polls are correct the right is due for an uncomfortable time this week.

What is the future of conservatism ?

I am guessing that it could go in several directions.

Firstly it could continue with the culture wars stuff that brought Trump to power. Gays,statues, abortion, woke, blacks, "reds under the beds" and so on. But that has a limited appeal. A more polished politician than Trump might pull it off but as a strategy it will only appeal to a limited base.

Or they could rethink and position themselves as a more palatable option. Fiscal responsibility, building alliances, socially moderate, and most of all, inclusive.

If Biden and then Harris screw up they would be placed to return to power.

Is that a possibility or do the current personnel dictate that this is not an option ?
There has to be a strategy that is not based on demonising large and growing parts of the electorate.

Of course Trump could end up triumphant this time but the demographics are still against his brand of politics.
Pseudocons will continue their hypocrisy and whine about Democrat deficits, even though they were steadfastly silent when Trump doubled the federal deficit BEFORE the pandemic.

Pseudocons will continue their hypocrisy and whine about immoral Democrats, even though they turned a totally blind eye to Trump's infidelities.

Pseudocons will continue their hypocrisy and whine about Democrat lies even though Trump couldn't open his mouth without telling two lies.

Pseudocons will continue their submissive stupidity and believe the GOP has an Obamacare replacement.

And so forth. Nothing will change.

Of course Trump could end up triumphant this time but the demographics are still against his brand of politics.

I am dream if a lost for Trump's re election.

I am dream if Cruz or Scott to win Republican campaign 2024.

I am dream if a wins for Biden and he get U.S. more jobs and re think if who is correct allied to Americans and rearming the military is probably a good proposition.

Firstly it could continue with the culture wars stuff that brought Trump to power. Gays,statues, abortion, woke, blacks, "reds under the beds" and so on. But that has a limited appeal. A more polished politician than Trump might pull it off but as a strategy it will only appeal to a limited base.

Or they could rethink and position themselves as a more palatable option. Fiscal responsibility, building alliances, socially moderate, and most of all, inclusive.

Is that a possibility or do the current personnel dictate that this is not an option ?
There has to be a strategy that is not based on demonising large and growing parts of the electorate.

A reelection of the President is next goofus.

Pseudocons will continue their hypocrisy and whine about Democrat deficits, even though they were steadfastly silent when Trump doubled the federal deficit BEFORE the pandemic.

Pseudocons will continue their hypocrisy and whine about immoral Democrats, even though they turned a totally blind eye to Trump's infidelities.

Pseudocons will continue their hypocrisy and whine about Democrat lies even though Trump couldn't open his mouth without telling two lies.

Pseudocons will continue their submissive stupidity and believe the GOP has an Obamacare replacement.

And so forth. Nothing will change.
Every president doubles the deficit. The problem is that lefties are only sensitive to the deficit during republican administrations. You get a bang for your buck when Trump doubles the deficit but you get virtually nothing for democrat spending. Case in point the gigantic super trillion LBJ "war on poverty" (still going on) that did nothing but increase poverty.

Forum List

Back