Where is hip hop thread PT II

Dayum. Now I wanna put on my ankle bells, stick my redtail hawk feather in my hair and go dance in the back yard with this cranked sky high.
But..its cold out there and the neighbors would probably frown on it. :lol:

I like the The Beatles, Al Hirt, Bach to the Grateful dead. That form known as Rap, not so much. It is so hateful overall, so negative. Why is criticizing RAP a bad thing? Lighten up? Is that why I can't post on the original "where is hip hop" thread ? There isn't anything lighten up to about when your freedom of speech is being taken away by some faceless golem.

I like.

And then you have a mix of reggae and native american together..with a POWERFUL message. LISTEN to the words.

I like Depeche mode, "Everything counts in large amounts". Totally 80's techno forgettable nonsense. But at least they weren't pushing fratricide or rape or the worst side of human nature as "being real" to sell music. At least.

I like Depeche mode, "Everything counts in large amounts". Totally 80's techno forgettable nonsense. But at least they weren't pushing fratricide or rape or the worst side of human nature as "being real" to sell music. At least.
Hip hop isn't the only music to address those issues. Like I said earlier, not all of it is like that. As much I hate the name; youtube/google positive rap.

The post below is a great example of a good song that has nothing to do with murder, rape, etc.

Expressions come out in music. Even to those who don't consider it "music" at all. Say for example my parents. They thought the world insane when we all went bonkers over The Beatles. And before that, Jerry Lee Lewis. And now WE turned in to OUR parents. I knew I was turning into my mom when my purse kept getting bigger. :lol:

See post 26. Tons of hip hop is very positive.

Well, mary succeeded in getting my ass over to youtube hunting up NA music. Maybe there should be a thread about that? :lol:

Put it this way....I like anything EXCEPT country western. I LOATHE that shit. And, I wouldn't go in a thread titled Fav Country Western Song just to complain about how much I hate it, either.

I also hate country music. It makes me feel like I should be in a bar by myself, getting toasted. It's very depressing shit. That's why you don't see me on country music threads, acting like an old hag, bitchin. :p

I like the The Beatles, Al Hirt, Bach to the Grateful dead. That form known as Rap, not so much. It is so hateful overall, so negative. Why is criticizing RAP a bad thing? Lighten up? Is that why I can't post on the original "where is hip hop" thread ? There isn't anything lighten up to about when your freedom of speech is being taken away by some faceless golem.

So? Don't listen to it then. Problem solved.

I look at the lyrics as an artistic expression of what they see going on around them. Most often, when I like a hip hop or rap song, it is more due to the beat than it is to the lyrics.

And some of them are just so over the top (like Kid Rock) that they are just funny to me! :lol: I don't really take them all that "seriously." I mean really, most of these guys are not going around gangbanging in real life.

Forum List

Back