Zone1 Here is a thread that should be heard.

The Irish Ram

LITTLE GIRL / Ram Tough
Apr 10, 2011
diagonally parked in a parallel universe
Here is a portion of a thread that was locked. Since you can't post a whole article, I have posted just a portion in this thread. All opinions should be welcome here, including this one by ninja:

YESTERDAYS are still with us

Yesterdays are still with us

The Pharisees might have had good intentions and were sincere in their endeavor to please God, at least in the beginning. What they decided to do is build a wall around the law the 613 commandments. This wall consisted of 100 to 1,500 (the Sabbath was the queen and had the most laws applied to her) additional laws added to the former commandments.Their logic was like this, by putting a fence, a protective barrier around the Holy Law one would first have to break this law before they would break God's law and become guilty and be punished. The problem was that as time went on the Jewish people become more familiar with and obedient to the fence laws of the Pharisee’s than to Gods law.After all there was so much more to study before one could break through and become actually guilty from God. Whenever we have two sources of where truth comes from one is eventually going to rise above the other. Neither one can ever be on a equal basis with the other. While it may be stated as such we know from the historical record and practical experience it just is not so.

In the New Testament Period Jesus whole ministry was a contention with the Pharisees traditions.They wanted him to validate and approve what they called the tradition of the elders( fathers) Mk.7:1-9; Mt.15:1-4, contention grew between Jesus and the religious leaders as they wanted his approval of their traditions to be considered equal with scripture. Jesus was clear he was not going to approve of their traditions,saying, "you lay aside the commandment of God and hold higher the tradition of men." The Pharisees set up a barrier between God and man making the commandments of no effect because they stopped people from seeing the word of God. Jesus always brought their traditions to the ultimate authority the word of God. Mk.,7 "These people honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me and in vain they worship me teaching as doctrine the commandments of men. By adding traditions alongside the word they watered down the truth, and the emphasis shifted. The Pharisees laws were burdens that God never intended, it brought them in bondage because it went beyond scripture. This is why Jesus said in Mt.11:28, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

The Catholic church ignores these warnings and defends their position by saying"We must, therefore, conclude that the Scriptures alone cannot be a sufficient guide and rule of faith...because they are not of themselves clear and intelligible even in matters of the highest importance..." (The Faith of Our Fathers p. 73). The Bible says the very opposite what they wrote was understandable if not why write it instead it would have to be told and explained by the apostles everywhere they went

Strategy -- guiding headline
Overall summary
Objective(s)
Tight support / evidence

Frankly any points you wanted to make were lost on me / the verbiage was off-putting and I dozed off .

The past no longer exists and the future has not yet been created.

Living in the past is the root cause of depression and living in the future is the root cause of anxiety

Here is a portion of a thread that was locked. Since you can't post a whole article, I have posted just a portion in this thread. All opinions should be welcome here, including this one by ninja:

The Pharisees might have had good intentions and were sincere in their endeavor to please God, at least in the beginning. What they decided to do is build a wall around the law the 613 commandments. This wall consisted of 100 to 1,500 (the Sabbath was the queen and had the most laws applied to her) additional laws added to the former commandments.Their logic was like this, by putting a fence, a protective barrier around the Holy Law one would first have to break this law before they would break God's law and become guilty and be punished. The problem was that as time went on the Jewish people become more familiar with and obedient to the fence laws of the Pharisee’s than to Gods law.After all there was so much more to study before one could break through and become actually guilty from God. Whenever we have two sources of where truth comes from one is eventually going to rise above the other. Neither one can ever be on a equal basis with the other. While it may be stated as such we know from the historical record and practical experience it just is not so.

In the New Testament Period Jesus whole ministry was a contention with the Pharisees traditions.They wanted him to validate and approve what they called the tradition of the elders( fathers) Mk.7:1-9; Mt.15:1-4, contention grew between Jesus and the religious leaders as they wanted his approval of their traditions to be considered equal with scripture. Jesus was clear he was not going to approve of their traditions,saying, "you lay aside the commandment of God and hold higher the tradition of men." The Pharisees set up a barrier between God and man making the commandments of no effect because they stopped people from seeing the word of God. Jesus always brought their traditions to the ultimate authority the word of God. Mk.,7 "These people honor me with their lips, but their heart is far from me and in vain they worship me teaching as doctrine the commandments of men. By adding traditions alongside the word they watered down the truth, and the emphasis shifted. The Pharisees laws were burdens that God never intended, it brought them in bondage because it went beyond scripture. This is why Jesus said in Mt.11:28, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30 "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

The Catholic church ignores these warnings and defends their position by saying"We must, therefore, conclude that the Scriptures alone cannot be a sufficient guide and rule of faith...because they are not of themselves clear and intelligible even in matters of the highest importance..." (The Faith of Our Fathers p. 73). The Bible says the very opposite what they wrote was understandable if not why write it instead it would have to be told and explained by the apostles everywhere they went
There are many hidden meanings in the bible.

Nonsense.

Religion and ‘god’ are creations of man; there is no one ‘true faith,’ no one ‘true religion.’

Religion is the source of great conflict and suffering – conflict between and among Christian sects being one infamous example; further proof that religion is the bane of humankind.

A sprinkling of Cult Christians cannot abide their nonsense being criticised .
For over 2000 years they have promised a second coming and for a million times we have heard the cries of “Very soon “ and “ The End Times are nigh “ etc etc
They cannot put two and two together and reach the right answer —- if over 90 per cent of people are Gullible and not very bright , what is the probability of their knowing anything about anything ?

That last paragraph is SO STUUUUUPID

We see repeatedly in Scripture those who are full Christians simply on acceptance of the Creed, but we never see anyone who settles for that
Examples of both

SIMPLE CREED
25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them, 26 and suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors were opened, and everyone's bonds were unfastened. 27 When the jailer woke and saw that the prison doors were open, he drew his sword and was about to kill himself, supposing that the prisoners had escaped. 28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, “Do not harm yourself, for we are all here.” 29 And the jailer[a] called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas. 30 Then he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” 31 And they said, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household.” 32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all who were in his house. 33 And he took them the same hour of the night and washed their wounds; and he was baptized at once, he and all his family.

NOT SETTLING FOR SIMPLE CREED
ACTS 2:42
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

The Catholic church ignores these warnings and defends their position by saying"We must, therefore, conclude that the Scriptures alone cannot be a sufficient guide and rule of faith

Once and for all
doesn't apply to the Catholic church. They added to the word and came up with a whole new concept. Purgatory and working your way to Heaven...

Forum List

Back