Zone1 When Will Black People Get Over The Past?

It amazes me that you have no idea what Blacks and others go through in this country.

Do the research. Seriously. Get off your "Blacks don't have problems, they have all the rights whites have ideology and need to stop complaining "

It is not sarcasm, it is sadness that you would not have any idea of how blacks, and others, continue to be treated in this country.

That is what the issue is.
MizMolly knows what Black people in this country have experienced because I along with a handful of other Black members of the board have taken time to break things down and explain them to her and others. They just don't accept that the things we tell them are true even when we can cite government or other sources.

When we presented them with Department of Labor statistics and articles indicating white women are the group which has benefited from affirmative action the most, they refused to believe not just us, but information from the agency within the federal government whose job it is to track those numbers.

• Fact
Reactions: IM2
Blacks will continue to live in the past for as long as it PAYS for them to do so.

Let's be honest, most of them have nothing positive to contribute to any advanced society. IOW, who cares about black whining? It's all they ever do.

What an incredible crock of shit. You should be embarrassed to have written such a stinking pile of lies.

Blacks have been given an unbelievable amount of special treatment in this country. GIVEN to them by WHITE PEOPLE.

Standards have been lowered across the board in order to help blacks.

College entrance requirements, employment qualifications - lowered, college tuition paid, rent paid. Shit, if a black has a fucking pulse colleges and employers are FORCED, by law, to give them special treatment. And STILL, they can't cut the mustard.

Blacks may begin to succeed when people stop making excuses for their failures And disgusting behavior.

Or, blacks may simply be incapable of assimilation into ANY advanced society, or of attaining success therein..

Until then quit the fucking whining and excuse making.
Wow, look at the little man pontificating to and about people he needs to feel are inferior to him.

Why don't you put your money where you mouth is. Explain to us in terms we can all understand how accomplished you are so we can compare notes and gauge our own alleged self-worth.

• Brilliant
I probably understand it better than you do but I'm always willing to learn something. So explain it to me, what is it that you think I'm missing or not understanding?

this>>>

When we presented them with Department of Labor statistics and articles indicating white women are the group which has benefited from affirmative action the most, they refused to believe not just us, but information from the agency within the federal government whose job it is to track those numbers.

~S~

True. And if you want another example of special arrangements designed to accommodate blacks, consider this very sub-forum. It was set up, and as a Zone 1 thread, to allow IM2 to spew his hatred while those of us on the receiving end have to moderate our responses so as not to violate the terms.
You couldn't be more wrong. It was created to cut down on the racist cretins ability to carry on full throttle with spewing their racism unchecked. Zone 1 violations makes it easier to exclude them from the conversation if they can't behave themselves.

On the other hand they also seemed to have childishly made use of specific words forbodden instead of making the way in which they are used a violation.

• Fact
this>>>

~S~
And? Where's your explanation of what is wrong about the above?

• Thanks
Again, that is a very ignorant statement in addition to it being false.

If you tell me that I am the most qualified person for a job opening you have (because you want me to know that) but you want someone else because you don't think I'm deserving of the amount it pays and you want it to go to someone else because you feel that they are more deserving (and they are not Black) then YOU are the sole cause of the harm that has been inflicted upon me by denying me a job where I beat out all of the other candidates in terms of skill, knowledge, education, etc. Because of YOUR racist opinions and attitudes.

This is not a problem that I created, this is an everyday thing caused by people who think and behave the same way you do. For you this may have happened only once. Throughout the course of my career, this has happened to me dozens of times. How I deal with it and those people matters not in the total equation. They're all still racist in varying degrees and how it impacts the totality of my life and the lives of other Black people depends on how resilient we are and what safety nets we have in place.

Of course crap happens to everyone, but what doesn't happen to you and other white people is people (or the system) treating you in demeaning, hateful ways, or causing you unnecessary problems in your life for not other reason that BECAUSE YOU ARE BLACK (and they are racist(s)).

If this is too complicated a concept for you to understand then that's on you as a white person, not on us as Black people. You all bitch and complaint about a situation that you dislike such as the Civil Rights laws and affirmative action but that was create by other white people IN RESPONSE to the utterly heinous behaviors exhibited towards Black people in this country, again by more white people (such as the Tulsa race riot).

Because you never address them or put them in check it fully appears that they have your approval even if only tacitly for their racist behavior.

Lastly, it doesn't matter if we finally have all the same rights as whites in this country IF those rights are constantly being violated - same old same old. Same shit different day/month/decade/century.
I’ve had that exact thing happen to me three times to my knowledge. I’ve lost other opportunities that the people doing the hiring refused to tell me the reason another candidate was chosen. You need to grow up and accept that life isn’t fair. I’ve never bitched and complained about civil rights. I have complained about preferential programs that will never end. Blacks and other minorities have had legal preference in the labor market through my entire adult working life. I think everyone should be equal under the law and that people who violate those laws should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I don’t think that any race, religion or ethnicity should receive preference over any other. The only way to stop racism is to make race irrelevant. You don’t cure racism with reverse racism.

Last edited:
MizMolly knows what Black people in this country have experienced because I along with a handful of other Black members of the board have taken time to break things down and explain them to her and others. They just don't accept that the things we tell them are true even when we can cite government or other sources.

When did I say things aren’t true? Maybe AA because, at least in my life, I never received anything just for being a white female. You believe the government asks employers if they hired a white woman because of her gender and race? I never denied what blacks experience. I have pointed out that it is not always because of race, I have first hand experience witnessing someone blame race when it was not a factor.

I’ve had that exact thing happen to me three times to my knowledge. I’ve lost other opportunities that the people doing the hiring refused to tell me the reason another candidate was chosen. You need to grow up and accept that life isn’t fair. I’ve never bitched and complained about civil rights. I have complained about preferential programs that will never end. Blacks and other minorities have had legal preference in the labor market through my entire adult working life. I think everyone should be equal under the law and that people who violate those laws should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I don’t think that any race, religion or ethnicity should receive preference over any other. The only way to stop racism is to make race irrelevant. You don’t cure racism with reverse racism.
Don't tell me to grow up, between the two of us, you're the one behaving like a child.

NO ONE ever said that white people do not have things happen to them. That you believe that's what we've been stating is just one more instance of you demonstrating your lack of understanding of a rather simple concept. If you are not Black then you didn't lose out on the job you wanted and/or were the most qualified for (in your opinion, if they didn't tell you that) due to racism (BECAUSE YOU ARE BLACK).

In other words, while you and I may face the same challenges in applying for jobs and being chosen based solely on our qualifications, I also have ADDITIONAL hurdles to overcome because I am Black and I'm female and I work in industries that are dominated by white men. And I saw one of them throw a hissy fit when I was given a position that he wanted (internal movement).

There is no reverse racism even though it may feel that way because whites, particularly white men, do not automatically have the shoo-in that they previously held along with their good ole boy networks, at least not 100% of the time because they certainly do still exist.

Black pilots who fought honorably for the U.S. & Allies were kept out of the commercial airline business after the end of WWII for no other reason than racism against them. Now that barrier to hiring has pretty much been moved yet you all still complain that you don't get 100% of the pie and now claim racism against whites and favoritism for Blacks. There is no such thing as legal preferences and if there were why do Black people not dominate in every work arena? In many places we don't make up our representation in the population in the workforce. I've probably have worked with less than half a dozen Black female software developers as I was advancing through my career. Now days, they are teaching Black girls coding when they are young which is great.

And if you're seriously stupid enough to think that I got to where I am by crying about what a bunch of ignorant ass racists wouldn't "allow" me to do, then I revert to my original statement. I don't generally call people stupid but you've made a lot of stupid assumptions about me, my life and who I am, when all you had to do was ask.

But then again you probably wouldn't believe any of us, just like RayFromCleveland wouldn't believe anything I was telling him about the laws in Florida regarding CCWs.

I have complained about preferential programs that will never end. Blacks and other minorities have had legal preference in the labor market through my entire adult working life.
Well if you're expecting things to go back to the white racism in society and employment that preceded the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 then yeah, the change in society and employment is not going to go back to what it was before. Why would it? Why would you want it to? We've made gains, and you want to wipe those out?

• Brilliant
So, you acknowledge that blacks have a ways to go to catch up? That's a good start.

If blacks know better what to do, they should be about doing it.
What I acknowledge is that whites excluded us by creating laws and policy to get what they have today. So you really need to just be quiet trying to tell us how we should do things ecause you didn't do so.

1675657738406.png

This is an imbecilic post. All of his posts are. I guess this is cultural. We see loads of white imbecilic opinions in this forum.

When did I say things aren’t true? Maybe AA because, at least in my life, I never received anything just for being a white female. You believe the government asks employers if they hired a white woman because of her gender and race? I never denied what blacks experience. I have pointed out that it is not always because of race, I have first hand experience witnessing someone blame race when it was not a factor.
Actually your response is one of the things that we went over. And you do this automatically and I'm assuming subconsciously.

You (and a lot of other white people) erroneously assume that affirmative action means that a person wouldn't have been able to get a job based on their abilities, experience, education & qualifications. That they are not qualified for the jobs they seek when that is not the case. Affirmative action provides the "opportunity" to apply for a job and compete against all of the other applicants and win a position by being the most qualified or best qualified person to hold the position.

Same thing for white women moving up to management. Just like the Tuskegee Airmen after having demonstrated their superior flying abilities during WWII were still frozen out of plum and prestigious commercial airline jobs, white women were not being allowed to advance their careers in the way they should have been due to men (your white men primarily) freezing them out of those higher paying and more prestigious jobs. Affirmative action opened up "opportunities" for both groups to advance their careers based on their merits once those obstacles (racism & sexism) were legislatively removed.

I understand it's not obvious, it wasn't to me either. I had to do a lot of studying because I needed to understand how all of this works.

Thing is, black people see a problem NOW and they're trying to come up with reasons.

25% poverty for black people compared to 7% for white people isn't a random act. It exists for a reason, and a lot of it has to do with racism.

The US is designed so those people with money will find their kids have an easier path in this world, the US is designed so that poverty is more likely to lead to future poverty than other first world countries.

If any black person is less successful than any white person the only logical explanation must always be racism.

I mean, sure, white people should be held accountable for their own personal success or failure, but only a racist would hold black folks to the same standard, am I right?

If any black person is less successful than any white person the only logical explanation must always be racism.

I mean, sure, white people should be held accountable for their own personal success or failure, but only a racist would hold black folks to the same standard, am I right?
Actually only racist whites try to diminish the effects of white racism on others. You are so uneducated to it's psychological damage that you cite and support blacks who have been most psychologically damaged by it and you try telling sane blacks that the mental cases are the ones we should emulate.

Holding people accountable is different from racism. If you decided not to hire someone, I would chalk it up to racism. But for example, if Coyote decided not to hire someone black, I would believe she made the choice based on merit.

Forum List

Back