When were Republican's not Rino's?

DustyInfinity

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2018
Midwest
There have been many threads about liberals, progressives, ect, and what it all means, so I decided to look at the other side of the aisle. I'm a republican, and I think it is safe to say that most republicans think that stands for smaller government, fiscal responsibility, strong defense and family values. Obviously, most of that has not happened, and republican's feel betrayed by their representatives. I think the strong military is the only part they have gotten right. I believe the big spending republican's are labeled as rinos. The thing that confuses me is that everyone thinks a rino is something new. It is the republican progressive. I'm having trouble believing that because I remember Bush 'no new taxes' SR, and W who expanded medicaid. Now we have the Tea Party, who say all the right things, but I don't trust a thing they say. Is Cruz supposed to be a Tea Party guy? I see him as a typical lifer and a part of the uniparty. To be honest, I wonder what Pence would do if he ran for president. I can't really see him fighting for a balanced budget. Isn't a big buddy of Paul Ryan? It seems rinos have been around a long time, and I don't trust the Tea Party.

RINOs have always been the core or the Republican Pary: the Lincolns, Garfields, TRs, Eisenhowers, Fords, Rockefellers, 41s, Kasichs, McCains, Grahams. The far right have always been about power not principle, and always they have to be kept from taking over the party.

There have been many threads about liberals, progressives, ect, and what it all means, so I decided to look at the other side of the aisle. I'm a republican, and I think it is safe to say that most republicans think that stands for smaller government, fiscal responsibility, strong defense and family values. Obviously, most of that has not happened, and republican's feel betrayed by their representatives. I think the strong military is the only part they have gotten right. I believe the big spending republican's are labeled as rinos. The thing that confuses me is that everyone thinks a rino is something new. It is the republican progressive. I'm having trouble believing that because I remember Bush 'no new taxes' SR, and W who expanded medicaid. Now we have the Tea Party, who say all the right things, but I don't trust a thing they say. Is Cruz supposed to be a Tea Party guy? I see him as a typical lifer and a part of the uniparty. To be honest, I wonder what Pence would do if he ran for president. I can't really see him fighting for a balanced budget. Isn't a big buddy of Paul Ryan? It seems rinos have been around a long time, and I don't trust the Tea Party.

Seems like the trump party has taken over so to all you followers YOU ARE RINO'S, because trump is no republican.

rino-_just-say-no.png

The answer is before 1998, before Gingrich was "couped" out of the Speaker's chair. Since then, Federal Spending has grown like a mushroom, out of control, with both parties fighting for the "king of pork" award.

Nobody in today's GOP is truly for small government, but they are all for ISRAEL.

If it were not for the dems holding the military hostage after Obama's neglect, Trump would be the most conservative president in my lifetime. That is sad considering he used to be a democrat. I know the left hates him, but at least he is not another lifer bureaucrat. He had a life outside of pimping himself for votes.

Seems like the trump party has taken over so to all you followers YOU ARE RINO'S, because trump is no republican.

If he's no Republican, then what is he? Everything he's done since his election has reflected strong conservative values. Are you trying to say that Republicans don't support strong conservative values?

Or is there a contingent of Republicans who have sided up with the liberal democrats?

Trump has absolutely been a conservative president. The first one in a long time. I think the Bush family was a big turn left for the republicans. Newt definitely got it done. How did they get rid of him? Is it possible for Trump or any future republican to get a balanced budget amendment? How much democrat support do you need in a budget bill? It sounds like the democrats are using the military as a gun to the head. Spend big, or the military won't have any planes that can fly. After Trump gets done with his two terms, I'd vote for Ben Carson, and I still like Newt. Can you think of other Republican's who are probably actual republicans?

I think the there is a large contingent of republicans who are allied with the democrats. McCain and Flake are obvious. That is why many people think we have one party rule. The Uniparty. The Uniparty is not any happier with the Bernie followers than they are with Trump. Both are an outside threat.

If he's no Republican, then what is he? Everything he's done since his election has reflected strong conservative values. Are you trying to say that Republicans don't support strong conservative values?

Or is there a contingent of Republicans who have sided up with the liberal democrats?

trump a strong conservative ?

:21:

Republican - maybe

Conservative my ass.

the old derelict has recaptured Tea Party idiots who thrive on rebellion and flat out ignorance...

AKA

SUCKERS

Republican - maybe

Conservative my ass.

the old derelict has recaptured Tea Party idiots who thrive on rebellion and flat out ignorance...

AKA

SUCKERS

Republican - maybe

Conservative my ass.

AKA

SUCKERS

Two words: Neil Gorsuch.

Please if you would, explain to me how nominating a strong constitutionalist like Gorsuch to the SC indicates that Trump is not a conservative?

Maybe you're not yet convinced, but just sit tight. You're about to see another strong conservative sworn in as SC justice.

Suckers. You not only lost the most important election of your lifetimes, Trump's conservatism is going to bring changes to this country that will still be in effect long after you and I are gone.

smaller government (specific and quantifiable) -- both Dems and GOPs push for expansion of federal powers in various ways...
fiscal responsibility (specific and quantifiable) -- neither Dems nor GOPs practice anything close to this...

strong defense (vague notion) -- since the next eight navies could fit INSIDE our navy, hard to see how we fall short. We could take over the entire world.

families values (could mean anything -- very subjective) -- family values folks have lost all credibility supporting trump -- their notion of "family values" appears to have been mostly talk and a political tool nothing more...no real values have ever held up under scrutiny of parody (treating both sides the same when they stray). Integrity is doing the right thing when it's least convenient.

Taxing according to spending is good fiscal policy. If you engage in two major military campaigns you MUST raise taxes. Do lower taxes would be pure stupidity...

Well you have a small point there because just like damn near other pug pres we had a recession and we will before 2020.

I don't know what the fuck he really is but you and others who voted for him consider him a Republican, true Republican's don't act like you and your kind.

Well you have a small point there because just like damn near other pug pres we had a recession and we will before 2020.

Are you some kind of a Carnac The Magnificent or a Nostradamus?

I bet you couldn't foresee Hillary losing to Trump, could you? :laughing0301::itsok:

Forum List

Back