When SHTF, which of these weapons would you choose?

Choose one firearm and one hand-to-hand weapon

• Total voters
I have to assume you didnt read my posts a few pages back.
I'm a prepper by happenstance,not by fear or intent. My hobbies make it easy to become self sufficient.
I hunt,I fish,I backpack and I enjoy the outdoors in general. If the SHTF I have a head start on those who dont have those interest.
I dont stock pile ammo,unless you think two or three thousand rounds for a multitude of weapons is stockpiling.
In my opinion,if you dont at least make rudimentary plan to keep yourself and family safe you're a moron.
No different then being prepared for a hurricane....which I'm familiar with as well.

I like watching Doomsday Preppers.. Hey we found common ground :thanks:

Cant say I've ever watched it.
This makes me want to ask...how old and where do you live?
Or should I ask where were you raised?
The life I describe is common place in the south.
I've had my own shotgun and rifle since I was eleven. (37 years ago)

I have to think you're much younger then me and live in the NE or the NW.
I remember driving to school with a couple of shotguns in the window rack of my truck and no one thought anything about it.
I carried a pocket knife with a six inch blade in school and no one cared.

The things you see as odd,I see as normal. Thats what you have to watch out for.
Before you know it your way of life comes into question.

I spent first 23 years in Central Virginia and 26 years in West Florida. We aren't as different as you suspected. Your turn..

Last edited:
I like watching Doomsday Preppers.. Hey we found common ground :thanks:

I remember driving to school with a couple of shotguns in the window rack of my truck and no one thought anything about it.

The things you see as odd,I see as normal. Thats what you have to watch out for.

I spent first 23 years in Central Virginia and 26 years in West Florida. We aren't as different as you suspected. Your turn..

Well I missed on the age and area. How about your parents?
Were guns not a part of your upbringing? Did your location have something to do with it?
I grew up hunting pretty much when I wanted to.

Were guns not a part of your upbringing? Did your location have something to do with it?

Never got into hunting, but enjoyed shooting. Extended family are all hunters, so I get it. Grandfather, Father and myself served in the military. So have had my share of gun experiences...

But you never said where u r from?

Never got into hunting, but enjoyed shooting. Extended family are all hunters, so I get it. Grandfather, Father and myself served in the military. So have had my share of gun experiences...

Texas by God...!!!

While you are duly noting things and bullying, since as you described me I am a "ignorant liberal"... Please try to duly note you are unable to read plain English. I have taken the time to help your laziness by pasting the exact quote.

I think to act like a tough guy, big gun, small p***, people need to put this in real perspective. Is there a reason to not think about reality? Seems as valid a point as what weapon would I would use to do "something" with if the SHTF.

I see nothing here that says "people collect guns because they have small penises?" If the gun fits wear it!!

Please duly note reality, not your perception of it.

Me a bully?:lol::lol::lol::lol: Sure thing noodle person!

So now you are making fun of my Chinese heritage? WOW

Your handle is that of a noodle. How on earth would I know you were Chinese? Typical call of racist!:lol::lol::lol: Yep, you're a typical libtard!:lol::lol:

Texas by God...!!!

lol. I spent some time in Lackland...

Texas by God...!!!

lol. I spent some time in Lackland...

Not sure if you were here long enough to soak up what it means to be a Texan or not.
It usually takes a lifetime. But some pick it up faster then others.

With a thorough understanding of military capabilities ... And without discarding the obvious difficulties those operations incur during Guerilla Warfare ... some things remain evident.

Fighting well armed militia on their home ground is far more difficult than most people understand anyway.

If the military was so damned good at it ... Then as far as Vietnam and Afghanistan are concerned ... The Military should have been done in days.

For Christ's sake ... We bombed the crap out of Vietnam, drove tanks all over the place, Cobra AH-1 gunships armed to the teeth ... And still could not root out the hostiles.

It is a lot easier to fight a Military than a Guerilla force any day ... Militaries need things like logistics, support, intelligence and coordination.

All a Guerilla warrior needs a weapon and willpower, because they will pick up whatever else they need a long the way.

To the average person a dead soldier is a sad and nearly unacceptable circumstance ... To a Guerilla warrior, a dead soldier is nothing more than "resupply".

It is depressing when you examine the complications of outright warfare ... But worrying about it ... Talking about it, and hoping it never happens ... Will not prepare you more than the purchase of a decent rifle and a reasonable amount of ammunition.
I have no argument against anything you've said. But I hasten to remind you that the kind of efficient guerilla activity you've described depends entirely on the critical factor of solidarity, which is virtually non-existent in contemporary American society and would take quite a long time to develop.

I do not think it would take long at all to develop. I recall most bickering and in-fighting stopping completely on 9/12/01. In fact, I recall a huge feeling of solidarity in the months after. That sort of sentiment could be tapped rather easily.
I've given some thought to what you've said here and what comes readily to mind is public reaction to the 9/11 attack is best described as a temporary state of defensive cohesion, whereas an effective citizen rebellion cannot happen without total and inflexible solidarity of purpose. And unless the government did something so monumentally offensive to each and every separate category of Americans; Caucasian, Negro, Hispanic, and Asian, Christian, Jew, and Muslim, poor, middle class, and well-off, Liberal, Conservative, and Moderate, educated, and abjectly stupid, and toss in a few million illegal immigrants, I can't imagine this vast conglomeration reaching a common accord without a period of painful oppression sufficient to politically and philosophically equalize them.

I'm afraid America has evolved as a starkly divided nation. And its government is far too shrewd to allow such solidarity to come about.

Last edited:
With a thorough understanding of military capabilities ... And without discarding the obvious difficulties those operations incur during Guerilla Warfare ... some things remain evident.

Fighting well armed militia on their home ground is far more difficult than most people understand anyway.

If the military was so damned good at it ... Then as far as Vietnam and Afghanistan are concerned ... The Military should have been done in days.

For Christ's sake ... We bombed the crap out of Vietnam, drove tanks all over the place, Cobra AH-1 gunships armed to the teeth ... And still could not root out the hostiles.

It is a lot easier to fight a Military than a Guerilla force any day ... Militaries need things like logistics, support, intelligence and coordination.

All a Guerilla warrior needs a weapon and willpower, because they will pick up whatever else they need a long the way.

To the average person a dead soldier is a sad and nearly unacceptable circumstance ... To a Guerilla warrior, a dead soldier is nothing more than "resupply".

It is depressing when you examine the complications of outright warfare ... But worrying about it ... Talking about it, and hoping it never happens ... Will not prepare you more than the purchase of a decent rifle and a reasonable amount of ammunition.
I have no argument against anything you've said. But I hasten to remind you that the kind of efficient guerilla activity you've described depends entirely on the critical factor of solidarity, which is virtually non-existent in contemporary American society and would take quite a long time to develop.

I do not think it would take long at all to develop. I recall most bickering and in-fighting stopping completely on 9/12/01. In fact, I recall a huge feeling of solidarity in the months after. That sort of sentiment could be tapped rather easily.

during the revolutionary war

active forces amounted to only 3% of the colonists

10% actively supported the effort

20% or so had been ok with the effort but did little or nothing in support

a 1/3 supported the tyrant king

by the end of the war more colonists

fought for the king then for freedom

so you see even during the revolution

100 percent solidarity for freedom was a myth

during the revolutionary war active forces amounted to only 3% of the colonists

10% actively supported the effort

20% or so had been ok with the effort but did little or nothing in support

a 1/3 supported the tyrant king

by the end of the war more colonists fought for the king then for freedom

so you see even during the revolution 100 percent solidarity for freedom was a myth
But I think you'll agree existing circumstances have changed considerably since the 1700s. For one thing the adversary of a second American revolution would not be a foreign king who sends and supplies a small army via a small fleet of wooden ships.

The present reality is Red Dawn fantasies are exactly that -- fantasic. Impossible dreams. The only hope for a successful revolution in modern America would be near 100% solidarity, including substantial sympathy on the part of the military. And the entire event would necessarily need to take place quickly because a long period of gradually imposed attrition, which is how King George was defeated, would serve only to weaken resistance to foreign incursion, which would be a predictable certainty.

Last edited:
Why can't i just use the ones I have:

M-1 Garand
Remington 12ga pump shotgun.
44 magnum Virginian Dragoon
40 cal auto
380 Kel-Tek auto
9mm Astro auto
25 ca Raven auto

yaaaa ! same here, my armory is a tad bit different but will do the job required to fend off a small Army of idiots, plus i have a cannon. :lmao:

wea_swivel-cannon.jpg

1 Inch Bore !!

Forum List

Back