When SHTF, which of these weapons would you choose?

Choose one firearm and one hand-to-hand weapon

• Total voters
If it's a long gun, edged weapon combination, I think I've got mine already.

None of the above.

AR-15 and a Parang.

I picked this one up at Walmart for $34

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick one firearm, and one hand to hand weapon.

My choice is the AA-12 and sabre

AA-12. World's deadliest shotgun! - YouTube

I would choose an AK, because it's tough, reliable, and although not the most accurate, it is capable of doing the job at a good distance. For all-around usefulness and tolerance to abuse, it's the best in that class.

-- And what exactly is "the job"? :eusa_think:

Whatever I need to do in order to protect my life and my property, if tshtf.

I would stick with what I.got
samurai sword, kubar knife, 9 milli, ak and soon to be added to the list 12 gauge tactical :)

I would choose an AK, because it's tough, reliable, and although not the most accurate, it is capable of doing the job at a good distance. For all-around usefulness and tolerance to abuse, it's the best in that class.

-- And what exactly is "whatever"?

You've picked a specific instrument; you must necessarily have some specific function in mind beyond "whatever".
For instance you've cited "accuracy at a good distance". Accuracy for doing what?

:eusa_whistle:

You've picked a specific instrument; you must necessarily have some specific function in mind beyond "whatever".
For instance you've cited "accuracy at a good distance". Accuracy for doing what?

Are you aware of what "the shit hits the fan" actually means?

There are a number of things:

- hunting for food
- fending off mauraders

As two examples. You live ina bubble?

Please don't tell me you're not bright enough to figure this stuff out. I don't buy it.

- hunting for food
- fending off mauraders

Hunting for food assumes that there is food to hunt. The SHTF scenario might mean that there is none in which case there is nothing to shoot.

Fending off "mauraders" happens in video games. In real life a single gun is not going to stop "mauraders" because there are more of them than there are of you. They can take turns sleeping but you have to remain awake 24*365. They can encircle you but you can't do the same to them.

Hunting for food assumes that there is food to hunt. The SHTF scenario might mean that there is none in which case there is nothing to shoot.

Fending off "mauraders" happens in video games. In real life a single gun is not going to stop "mauraders" because there are more of them than there are of you. They can take turns sleeping but you have to remain awake 24*365. They can encircle you but you can't do the same to them.

You are assuming that people would be living alone, which is not likely for the most part.

You are assuming that people would be living alone, which is not likely for the most part.

The OP made that original assumption and it has been carried throughout the thread. If you want to change the premise then take it up with the OP. :)

The OP made that original assumption and it has been carried throughout the thread. If you want to change the premise then take it up with the OP. :)

Then I would still stick with my original choice- the AK- since I don't have a license to buy a full auto.

- hunting for food
- fending off mauraders

:lol:

Sure. No one except you indicated that it was 1 vs. many. You injected that nonsense. Otherwise, you're only attempting to dampen the discussion presumably because you think yourself an intellectual and two, you dont like the idea of guns.

Sure, in a SHTF scenario where an asteroid hits the earth, the chances of needing a firearm are slim. That said, obviously the OP isn't pointing to such a scenario as it would be a moot discussion.

Genius.

- hunting for food
- fending off mauraders

:lol:

Sure. No one except you indicated that it was 1 vs. many. You injected that nonsense. Otherwise, you're only attempting to dampen the discussion presumably because you think yourself an intellectual and two, you dont like the idea of guns.

Sure, in a SHTF scenario where an asteroid hits the earth, the chances of needing a firearm are slim. That said, obviously the OP isn't pointing to such a scenario as it would be a moot discussion.

Genius.

Kindly refrain from making erroneous assumptions about me. Having had the benefit of law enforcement weapons training I prefer reality to fantasy when it comes to firearms.

PRAYER

The most powerful weapon on earth.... one angel slew 145,000 men while Joshua slept. Let me know when one of you can match those results. Keep your earthly weapons and .. I'll keep and use the weapons of my warfare through prayer ... thanks..

- Jeri

Forum List

Back