Got a new S/T/B/R/M light...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...and the internal terminal wiring isn't correct for my truck.

New one on me... Bought plenty of these over the years and they were all plug and play. Apparently a newer truck has been engineered with this style of rear lighting system but it's wiring harness comes in on the DS frame rail and the jumper goes to the passenger side and mine is the reverse.

So, terminal surgery is the order of the day.

IMG_20240407_111933054.jpg

They make special tools for this...but I've always used a mini pick for this style.

IMG_20240407_113221424.jpg

On this style there is a locking tab inside that needs to be depressed.

Just slide the straight pick or a small flathead up the terminal blade from the outside in right up the metal channel.

Looks like this...

IMG_20240407_112918265.jpg

IMG_20240407_112202475.jpg

IMG_20240407_112253174_HDR.jpg

You need to push it back up from the backside of the channel so it will relock into the terminal connector.

All reversed and ready to go...

IMG_20240407_113145421.jpg

You’re Smarter, Braver or Richer than 99%. Once you fool with electrinics you cant return then fir sure? Sometimes never. Whether you touch them or not. A test light to look for blinker or brake may help. Then you need another person for brakelight?

i work in Electronics and without a schematic or wiring diagram (also for car) I’d have no clue? Wow!

I still don’t know what they are? Rear lights? Blinker, backup, stop, running? One each side? Whats special about these?

You’re Smarter, Braver or Richer than 99%. Once you fool with electrinics you cant return then fir sure? Sometimes never. Whether you touch them or not. A test light to look for blinker or brake may help. Then you need another person for brakelight?

i work in Electronics and without a schematic or wiring diagram (also for car) I’d have no clue? Wow!

I still don’t know what they are? Rear lights? Blinker, backup, stop, running? One each side? Whats special about these?
It's nothing fancy. Wouldn't even call it an electronic.

It's just a stop, turn, brake, reverse and marker light.

That one is the master... the wiring harness for the lights from the truck plugs into the right hand terminal port and the light on the master side has an output port to the other S/T/B/R/M light on the other side.

Its all just 12v wiring.

I have a wiring diagram...the old light.

Forum List

Back