When is King Solomon Temple going to be rebuilt in Jerusalem?.

Actually yes, they do.

In Jerusalem on a Friday night, only McDonalds is always open - and there has been a lot of controversy about that.

The extent to which Shabbat is observed varies enormously from family to family, of course, but I suspect what you have been told is that only 10% of Jews in Israel follow strict Orthodox or Hassidic tradition. Which could be true, but does not include the tens of thousands of Reformist Jews or Conservative Jews who also observe Shabbat.

The government mandates for shops to close.

Again, the vast majority of Jews in Israel are secular and not Torah observant.

No, that is not true because MacDonalds, for instance, IS open during Shabbat.

The vast majority of Jews in Israel are not secular, but there is a mix of secular, Orthodox, Conservative, Reformist and Hassidic, plus Jewish Christians and Bahai, of course.

The latest stats available show 44% of Jews in Israel as being secular.

Religion in Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sunni -

Do you accept that, as far as we know, only 44% of modern Israeli's are secular?

Yes, I will accept the 44% number for secular Jews.

According to to my research, the Israeli population has become more religious in the last 20+ years.

But still, 44% is a significant number for a land that was supposedly founded and dedicatied to preserving the Jewish religion.

But still, 44% is a significant number for a land that was supposedly founded and dedicatied to preserving the Jewish religion.

There was more - much more - to the creation of Israel than that.

In fact, for may early Jewish settlers Israel represented an escape from religion all together - the early history of the kibbutz movement is not in Zionism but in Marxism-Leninism. I used to live on a kibbutz which was entirely secular - no rabbis, no kosher food, no prayer.

But what there was was a reverence for the cultural elements of the religion, in much the same way that secular Christians celebrate Christmas but never go to church otherwise. We celebrated Passover the Yom Kippur like anyone else - but without the overt religious aspects.

There was more - much more - to the creation of Israel than that.

In fact, for may early Jewish settlers Israel represented an escape from religion all together - the early history of the kibbutz movement is not in Zionism but in Marxism-Leninism. I used to live on a kibbutz which was entirely secular - no rabbis, no kosher food, no prayer.

After WWII the West was on a guilt trip about the Jews.

The Zionist Jews played the victim card to secure the land of Palestine and turn it into Israel.

The gullible public was sold the idea that the biblical jews were comming back to claim thier land based on the bible.

Jews first bought land from individual arabs. In 1948 they declared their independence and 5 massive armies invaded to destroy the country.

Since these pricks were trying to wipe out Israel, playing nice nice didn't work for them.

They lost the land. It wasn't palestinian. It belonged to the british colony, and before that it was part of the Ottomoman Empire.

If the arabs would have left Israel alone with the little sliver of land that they had, they wouldn't have lost the other land that the british gave over.

Serves them right.

Israel's mistake is that they didn't relocate the arabs in judea and samaria back to their home country of jordan.

Know what I'd like to see?

Someone in an airplane, pancake the fucker right in the center of the mosque in Jerusalem.

THEN we could start re-building the Temple.

Incidentally, Solomon's Temple was the one that was destroyed last. The next one will probably just be called "the Temple of Israel".

Personally? I wouldn't give 2 shits if IsLAME was wiped out overnight. Good riddance I'd say, because ANY belief system or faith that states there is only 1 way to God is wrong.

There are MANY ways to Him. Judaism, some branches of Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism.

I think we all understand God in our own unique way, which is why Christians and Islamics make me tend to not trust them.

Heck.........even Judaism is tolerant of other religions. Check the B'Neih Noach for that one.

Jews first bought land from individual arabs. In 1948 they declared their independence and 5 massive armies invaded to destroy the country.

Since these pricks were trying to wipe out Israel, playing nice nice didn't work for them.

They lost the land. It wasn't palestinian. It belonged to the british colony, and before that it was part of the Ottomoman Empire.

If the arabs would have left Israel alone with the little sliver of land that they had, they wouldn't have lost the other land that the british gave over.

Serves them right.

Israel's mistake is that they didn't relocate the arabs in judea and samaria back to their home country of jordan.

"Jews first bought land from individual arabs."

"They lost the land. It wasn't palestinian. It belonged to the british colony, and before that it was part of the Ottomoman Empire."

Ahhhh,????? Wait a minute!

Know what I'd like to see?

Someone in an airplane, pancake the fucker right in the center of the mosque in Jerusalem.

THEN we could start re-building the Temple.

Incidentally, Solomon's Temple was the one that was destroyed last. The next one will probably just be called "the Temple of Israel".

Personally? I wouldn't give 2 shits if IsLAME was wiped out overnight. Good riddance I'd say, because ANY belief system or faith that states there is only 1 way to God is wrong.

There are MANY ways to Him. Judaism, some branches of Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism.

I think we all understand God in our own unique way, which is why Christians and Islamics make me tend to not trust them.

Heck.........even Judaism is tolerant of other religions. Check the B'Neih Noach for that one.

No...King Herod's was the last.

Personally I think leaving a Mosque on the temple rock is like Muslims taking a big steaming dump on Israel.

Here's a good question....which religion came first. The Jewish or the Islamic religion. What right does a Muslim have to the temple land in the first place. Back 2000 years ago there was no Islam and thus all this fighting over the land shouldn't include Islam anyway.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back