Zone1 Mormon church lawfair to force 173' spire on Fairview TX and 216' spire on Lone Mtn, NV residents

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

FAIRVIEW – Rose Oswald's home in Fairview faces land where the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints plans to build a temple.

"This is in my front yard essentially," Oswald said, looking out at the lot.

Designs show the proposed building would be nearly twice the size of the town hall with a 173-foot steeple as tall as 16-story building.

It's far too big, neighbors say, for this small residential town.

"Never could I have imaged that we would consider putting a building of that size on that lot," Oswald said.

At a packed meeting Thursday night, a church spokesperson told the town's Planning and Zoning Committee that every aspect of the temple's design serves a religious purpose with symbols like the steeple, meant to draw the eye upwards to heaven.

The committee, though, sided with neighbors and voted to recommend council members reject the proposal. Mayor Henry Lessner said, that's exactly what he plans to do.

"I can only speak for myself. I will never approve that," he said. "It is just grossly out of proportion to everything around there."

83927991-13334769-image-a-9_1713758375200.jpg

The ballon circled in red is the height of the proposed spire inj NV.

IMHO no unwanted church should be the defining visual characteristic of the town.

The irony is, the property in TX was originally going to be sold to a group who wanted to build a two story medical building but the townspeople freaked out and nixed it. Bet they’re wishing for that doctors office now.

FAIRVIEW – Rose Oswald's home in Fairview faces land where the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints plans to build a temple.

Designs show the proposed building would be nearly twice the size of the town hall with a 173-foot steeple as tall as 16-story building.

"Never could I have imaged that we would consider putting a building of that size on that lot," Oswald said.

At a packed meeting Thursday night, a church spokesperson told the town's Planning and Zoning Committee that every aspect of the temple's design serves a religious purpose with symbols like the steeple, meant to draw the eye upwards to heaven.

The committee, though, sided with neighbors and voted to recommend council members reject the proposal. Mayor Henry Lessner said, that's exactly what he plans to do.

"I can only speak for myself. I will never approve that," he said. "It is just grossly out of proportion to everything around there."

IMHO no unwanted church should be the defining visual characteristic of the town.

The irony is, the property in TX was originally going to be sold to a group who wanted to build a two story medical building but the townspeople freaked out and nixed it. Bet they’re wishing for that doctors office now.
So? Trump did the thing to Palm Beach with his flagpole.

Who says they are unwanted? They wouldn't be building a Temple there if there wasn't a large membership. Usually, they design Temples to fit the communities they will be in. A new design will be done and all will be fine. Now, why don't you take your bigoted head and put it where the sun don't shine

Who says they are unwanted? They wouldn't be building a Temple there if there wasn't a large membership. Usually, they design Temples to fit the communities they will be in. A new design will be done and all will be fine. Now, why don't you take your bigoted head and put it where the sun don't shine
Triggered much Mr. Magic Underwear?

Forum List

Back