When I suggest that we need term limits the left ALWAYS says, thats taking the citizens right to vote away. Well riddle me this

faux rebuttal, popular vote is not how our system works, ignorance is not an excuse on your part
The popular vote works for any other, city, county, state and federal offices.
The electoral vote is "supposed" to represent the popular vote.

In 48 of the 50 states, state laws mandate that the winner of the plurality of the statewide popular vote receive all of that state's electoral votes.

How is filing lawsuits all over the country to remove Trump from the ballot not taking away the citizens right to vote? You are blatantly trying to disenfranchise ⅓ of the America population. Trump was never charged with insurrection, much less convicted of it, so how the hell do you justify taking away the citizens right to vote for him?
Now a group in DC is sueing to have him removed from the ballot in a state they don't even live in.

You people are pushing so hard that it's quite possible you will create a backlash you will regret for decades, or worse.

And if you actually believe that the majority of Americans agree with your position on him being unfit why goto these lengths and take the risk? Is it perhaps that you don't actually believe that?

Democracy isn't perfect. Democracy eventually failed in ancient Athens.

The founding fathers knew that which is why we have a judicial branch, and why a later Congress wrote the 14th amendment.

We already had attempts by traitors to use Democracy to undermine this country after the Civil War.

Trump has clearly shown that he is a traitor against the Constitution and against the American people. He can not be allowed to ever be President again. Those people who would vote for him at this point are also traitors.

If it were up to me Trump would be on the ballot, but if anyone pulled that lever a trap door would open and they'd be dumped right into a prison cell.

Roughly 25% of the nation's total debt in our History of existance, was incurred during the Trump Administration's 4 years.

Whose votes was Trump and the republicans buying?
Did you have a problem with Obama racking up the record prior to that?

Roughly 25% of the nation's total debt in our History of existance, was incurred during the Trump Administration's 4 years.

Whose votes was Trump and the republicans buying?
Obama actually increased it more, hypocrite. Biden has already increased it over half of what Trump did. Truth hurts, don't it?

Obama actually increased it more, hypocrite. Biden has already increased it over half of what Trump did. Truth hurts, don't it?
Yeah, we’ve needed a tax increase for about 25 years now. The Federal Government is the only entity on earth that ignores price increases for what it buys

I don’t think the possibility of professional politcians ever occurred to the founders.

Not only did they expect it, they considered it a strength.

From federalist paper 53 by James Madison.

"A few of the members, as happens in all such assemblies, will possess superior talents; will, by frequent reelections, become members of long standing; will be thoroughly masters of the public business, and perhaps not unwilling to avail themselves of those advantages. The greater the proportion of new members, and the less the information of the bulk of the members the more apt will they be to fall into the snares that may be laid for them."

Perhaps they were idealistic, but they expected people to be elected by their neighbors, go to DC to represent them, then go home. That’s how it worked for a long time.
I am quite certain that countries like China, Russia, Iran etc would love a bunch of n00bs in Congress, but the founders knew better.

What's the riddle? The video linked in the OP cited the CREW's filing legal action. Reading the NY Post article concerning the matter it stated the CREW was acting on behalf of six Republican and unaffiliated Colorado voters to block Trump's name on Colorado ballot. If the riddle is whether this is the similar to term limits, I'll agree, being done by the same side that desires to limit voter participation.

Last edited:
How is filing lawsuits all over the country to remove Trump from the ballot not taking away the citizens right to vote? You are blatantly trying to disenfranchise ⅓ of the America population. Trump was never charged with insurrection, much less convicted of it, so how the hell do you justify taking away the citizens right to vote for him?
Now a group in DC is sueing to have him removed from the ballot in a state they don't even live in.

You people are pushing so hard that it's quite possible you will create a backlash you will regret for decades, or worse.

And if you actually believe that the majority of Americans agree with your position on him being unfit why goto these lengths and take the risk? Is it perhaps that you don't actually believe that?

Read the Constitution, dummy. And this similar method has been used at the state level to prevent similar candidates from being on ballots. Not like this is the first time.

Oh yeah going to those lengths obviously means they dont believe it. YOu're a moron.

You have no quote to support your claim about "leftists" claiming that term limits restrict their right to vote.

Trump gave me 73.3% returns during his term, Biden -19.3%, disposable income up when Republicans lead, down under democrats. Apparently you don't understand your own bottom line which disqualifies you from this conversation.

I do understand my own bottom line, probably a lot better than you understand yours.

But being a retired senior Canadian, my bottom line looks a LOT different than yours.

I have single payer health care, which covers all medical expenses, with an annual copay of $100., and a guaranteed annual income for life - with increases tied to inflation. I also have a small home based crafting business, which provides me with additional income for travel and savings.

I worked hard all of my life, but I got fair wages and benefits for my work. Our economic structure rewards working Canadians, not their bosses. The system is based on your years of work. You need 40 years of work and contributions to qualify for a full pension. I know someone who pissed around on unemployment insurance and taking summers off all his life. His pension is 1/3 what mine is.

The USA has 995 billionaires among a population of 332 million people. Canada has 65 billionaires among a population of 38 million people. We don't have as many super wealthy people as you, because in Canada the top 20% only own 40% of nation's wealth, not 80% like the USA.

Canadians can get income support to go back to school and upgrade their skills. The can get support programs and access to business incubators, providing training and resources to people starting new businesses. Our tax dollars go to help all our people achieve their potential, not so some rich guy can ride a flying dick into space.

While the American middle class is shrinking, the Canadian middle class is one of the fastest growing in the world. Our wages and stagnated during the years Conservatives were in office, and Harper denied the 2008 recession even existed,

You notice you don't have thousands of Canadians sneaking across the border for the "freedom" of life in the USA. That's because Canadians have far more freedom than you do, and we know it.

You can still vote for the candidate of your choice and the party of your choice. But Trump is disqualified from the ballot. He should have been disqualified the first time he ran. The man has been a crook all of his life.

You cannot vote this dangerous criminal back in office, because he has vowed to dismantle the federal government if re-elected.

Forum List

Back