When are riots justified?

Kenosha VS. the Capitol. We have democrats bailing out race rioters and funding groups for months and democrat leaders not lifting a finger to stop this, they created go fund me pages and bailed out rioters. Over what? Exaggerated claims of police brutality? More whites are affected by cops but blacks are the center of the universe? Explain this over emphasis on blacks all a sudden?
Riots are never justified.

Who created a Go Fund Me to bail out the Kenosha Killer?
Feel free to move to England.
Why?
Because the US is a result of riots and war and you have eliminated riots as an option.
It's obvious you would have stood with the British.

So you stood with the George Floyd riots?
A punk who drove cops insane time and again and constantly beat the shit out of his wife and whose cause of death is still debated?
You can't be that immature to compare.
Perhaps you should move to that slum for a year and see how you like living in fear 24/7.

Ah. Deflection. Easier than addressing the deeper issues. Ok.

I suppose you you think there is something more “mature” (or patriotic) in rioting for a Q-Anon conspiracy infested belief system that demands an election be overthrown, elected leaders (cannibalistic pedophile satanists) be tried and executed, and the loser, a populist messianic cult figure be installed instead as president.
I know you would spend the rest of your life defending a murderer or rapist.

A group of colonies besieged by undue taxes and laws, and living in the pre-electric appliance age, to a do nothing nation across the sea because King George was a drunkard and sex maniac states that they are being harassed and is subject to arrests by their fellow Brits is bound to rebel.
When our Congress passes legislation that renders millions in the poor house, people respond, and that Congress stills tells their constituents to go to hell, how do you expect the people to respond?
This was about baseless Trump fox Russ Limbo etc claims the election was stolen.
Totall baloney. Sedition in itself

Kenosha VS. the Capitol. We have democrats bailing out race rioters and funding groups for months and democrat leaders not lifting a finger to stop this, they created go fund me pages and bailed out rioters. Over what? Exaggerated claims of police brutality? More whites are affected by cops but blacks are the center of the universe? Explain this over emphasis on blacks all a sudden?
Is there some reason why giving bail to the poor is so horrible? That program started a couple of years ago. It is unfair for the poor to stay months in jail awaiting trial..
Apparently it is ok to raise bail money if the accused is of the right political persuasion like the Kenosha shooter.

Why?
Because the US is a result of riots and war and you have eliminated riots as an option.

A punk who drove cops insane time and again and constantly beat the shit out of his wife and whose cause of death is still debated?
You can't be that immature to compare.
Perhaps you should move to that slum for a year and see how you like living in fear 24/7.

Ah. Deflection. Easier than addressing the deeper issues. Ok.

I suppose you you think there is something more “mature” (or patriotic) in rioting for a Q-Anon conspiracy infested belief system that demands an election be overthrown, elected leaders (cannibalistic pedophile satanists) be tried and executed, and the loser, a populist messianic cult figure be installed instead as president.
I know you would spend the rest of your life defending a murderer or rapist.

A group of colonies besieged by undue taxes and laws, and living in the pre-electric appliance age, to a do nothing nation across the sea because King George was a drunkard and sex maniac states that they are being harassed and is subject to arrests by their fellow Brits is bound to rebel.
When our Congress passes legislation that renders millions in the poor house, people respond, and that Congress stills tells their constituents to go to hell, how do you expect the people to respond?
This is 2021, not 1776. These are not patriots, but a bunch of people pissed at losing an election and convinced by a con man that it was rigged and they needed to overturn the government. They could have taken a knee, instead they beat a fallen policeman with an American flag.

Irony...the guy who took a knee in protest was the one vilified for being unpatriotic.

Why?

The Floyd protest during the day were peaceful and plenty of cops around, at night the criminals and luners came out
Is there some reason why giving bail to the poor is so horrible? That program started a couple of years ago. It is unfair for the poor to stay months in jail awaiting trial..

Well, that's ONE strong show of support for arson, anyway.
Of course I am against arson and looting and they should have all been arrested, they werent that many. Of course you are super hyped about it by the GOP propaganda machine.
If you were actually against arson and looting, you would not support the system that allows people to do it over and over again.

Why?

The Floyd protest during the day were peaceful and plenty of cops around, at night the criminals and luners came out

Well, that's ONE strong show of support for arson, anyway.
Of course I am against arson and looting and they should have all been arrested, they werent that many. Of course you are super hyped about it by the GOP propaganda machine.
If you were actually against arson and looting, you would not support the system that allows people to do it over and over again.
None of which actually happened.

Riots are never justified, or at least none have been up to this point. All rioters should be shot. No exceptions.

There is no evidence that anyone affiliated with the Democratic Party had anything to do with any riots that occurred last year. This is part of the republican/"conservative" Big Lie.

Not only was the riot that occurred at the Capitol on Jan. 6 incited by trump and the republican party, there are indications that it was planned in advance. This, if shown to be true, is infinitely more evil.

There is no evidence that anyone affiliated with the Democratic Party had anything to do with any riots that occurred last year. This is part of the republican/"conservative" Big Lie.

Not only was the riot that occurred at the Capitol on Jan. 6 incited by trump and the republican party, there are indications that it was planned in advance. This, if shown to be true, is infinitely more evil.

You should write for SNL, CNN, PMSNBC or all of the above.

Are you suggesting that capital punishment should be taken off the table for somebody who murders a politician because they are political prisoners upon arrest?

YES.

And, here is a shocker, I have the same view, regardless of what side of the political spectrum the accused comes from.

And I actually do support capital punishment in many other circumstances.

Case by case.

Jesus...
All leftists support criminals, it's why we have so many.
Leftist? Chuz probably considers you a RINO for being too far left.
You shit stains always pretend you know what everyone thinks.
Oh were you calling me a leftist? And agreeing with Chuz that assassinating politicians shouldn't be so taboo?
What happens when Congress decides to tax you 90%?
Or decides to force you to eat wheaties every day

What? That's stupid?

Won't happen?

Oh...
What happens when Congress passes legislation that causes millions of Americans to be fired in one year?...and yes, that happened in 2004 and no one, including Obama, has reversed that legislation.
It took an EO from Trump to stop the bleeding because Congress won't reverse it.
That shit calls for action.
What event are you referring to?

Not only "planned in advance" but WITH the aid of sitting GOP legislators and their staff.

That needs to be dealt with

I would say that riots are never, justified. Not ever.

But this may hinge on exactly how one defines what a riot is.

To my perception, the word refers to a situation where mobs of angry people are engaging in random, disorderly acts of violence and destruction, with a significant portion of it directed at those who are not party to whatever it is that they are rioting over. No matter what your complaint, no matter what your cause, it is never justifiable to attack those who are not party to it.

Violence and destruction may be justifiable, under extreme circumstances, if it is directed exclusively at those who are responsible for whatever wrong you are reacting to, and more so if there is a realistic possibility of putting an end to that wrong, or obtaining restitution or justice for it. But I wouldn't call that rioting.

Well, based on what I've seen from the left and right, I will say riots are justified whenever it's in support of something I'm in support of. End if discussion. Don't @ me.

I would say that riots are never, justified. Not ever.

But this may hinge on exactly how one defines what a riot is.

To my perception, the word refers to a situation where mobs of angry people are engaging in random, disorderly acts of violence and destruction, with a significant portion of it directed at those who are not party to whatever it is that they are rioting over. No matter what your complaint, no matter what your cause, it is never justifiable to attack those who are not party to it.

Violence and destruction may be justifiable, under extreme circumstances, if it is directed exclusively at those who are responsible for whatever wrong you are reacting to, and more so if there is a realistic possibility of putting an end to that wrong, or obtaining restitution or justice for it. But I wouldn't call that rioting.

Very close to my own take on it.

Well stated.

Well, based on what I've seen from the left and right, I will say riots are justified whenever it's in support of something I'm in support of. End if discussion. Don't @ me.

As a realist, myself. That is pretty much what it all boils down to, whether it amounts to a certain level of hypocrisy or not.

Interesting how much more I recognize my lessons from "Sociology" classes now, than I ever did, while in school.

I posted this thread. Trump didn't drive riots for months over phony race driven bullshit. And Trump
didn't put chain link fences round my capitol building and tear down 100 year old statues and terrorize us for the last 10 months. What exactly did Trump do that was worse than THAT?

In Kenosha, the police started the riots.

Forum List

Back