When are riots justified?

Kenosha VS. the Capitol. We have democrats bailing out race rioters and funding groups for months and democrat leaders not lifting a finger to stop this, they created go fund me pages and bailed out rioters. Over what? Exaggerated claims of police brutality? More whites are affected by cops but blacks are the center of the universe? Explain this over emphasis on blacks all a sudden?

In Kenosha, the police started the riots.
Wait a minute. That's bullshit. And you know it.

Kenosha VS. the Capitol. We have democrats bailing out race rioters and funding groups for months and democrat leaders not lifting a finger to stop this, they created go fund me pages and bailed out rioters. Over what? Exaggerated claims of police brutality? More whites are affected by cops but blacks are the center of the universe? Explain this over emphasis on blacks all a sudden?
1-6-2021

The protestors were peacably assembled when curfew was announced. They peacefully remained until gassed and shot with bean bag rounds (police riot). After that, more from the community came out into the streets and fires were set to heavy trucks that were placed to restrict protestor movement

America is a nation of laws...police enforce laws. What the hell is wrong with that?

So which is worse people unlawfully milling about after "curfew"

Or stabbing cops with flagpole spears

Untitled drawing - 2021-01-10T223802.198.png

The protestors were peacably assembled when curfew was announced. They peacefully remained until gassed and shot with bean bag rounds (police riot). After that, more from the community came out into the streets and fires were set to heavy trucks that were placed to restrict protestor movement

You mean that "the people" mostly waited till late night to gather for their riot and looting --when the cops then started to gas them. Stop blaming the cops-------

America is a nation of laws...police enforce laws. What the hell is wrong with that?

The laws are corrupt and illegal, like Prohibition, the War on Drugs, 3 strikes, federal gun control, disenfranchised drug offenders, etc.
Police don't enforce laws, but merely raise revenue for the corrupt government.
Police have not once done a bit of good for me, but every time I put on old work clothes for a dump run in the old truck, you can be sure they are not only going to pull me over illegally, but then proceed to to illegally risk my life by pointing guns at me.
Read the constitution and history books some time.
Police are a fairly recent invention by the fascists.
They did not exist in any siginificant number until around 1900.

View attachment 443085

I am fanatically a left wing, progressive, liberal, but those who occupied Congress were extremely nonviolent.
No one was speared.
They snot no one.
The only cop who died had a heart attack.
5 of the demonstrators were murdered, including an unarmed woman just watching, who was shot twice by police.

View attachment 443085

I am fanatically a left wing, progressive, liberal, but those who occupied Congress were extremely nonviolent.
No one was speared.
They snot no one.
The only cop who died had a heart attack.
5 of the demonstrators were murdered, including an unarmed woman just watching, who was shot twice by police.

Actually they maliciously targeted the officers

It isn't clear whether the "injuries" Sicknick died from happened here, or from the earlier fire extinguisher attack. But there are at least two pointed flagpoles in the vicinity.

Last edited:
I'm no authority on when riots are justified but don't compare attempted treason to rioting

Dems claiming the certified 2016 election was stolen, that Trump was illegitimate, vowing to remove Trump from office before he was sworn in that treason by Dem leaders in congress??

You mean that "the people" mostly waited till late night to gather for their riot and looting --when the cops then started to gas them. Stop blaming the cops-------

That was a reaction to the crowd who had peacable assembled being attacked by the police. The crowd was dispersing, but was blocked by trucks and a military style vehicle, when the gas was deployed. Those trucks were targeted later in the evening.

There is no evidence that anyone affiliated with the Democratic Party had anything to do with any riots that occurred last year. This is part of the republican/"conservative" Big Lie.

Not only was the riot that occurred at the Capitol on Jan. 6 incited by trump and the republican party, there are indications that it was planned in advance. This, if shown to be true, is infinitely more evil.
Not only "planned in advance" but WITH the aid of sitting GOP legislators and their staff.

That needs to be dealt with
This is what really disturbs me. I'm glad that the Congresswoman from New Jersey, a Navy veteran and former federal prosecutor, has raised the issue. The Capitol was in lockdown because of the pandemic, so there should have been no tours in the days leading up to the riot. Coupled with the walkie-talkies, rioters in combat gear with metal pipes, people killing one officer, trying to crush another, and assaulting another and shouting that he be shot with his own gun, the female rioter with the megaphone giving the rioters directions, the firearms, molotov cocktails, and pipebombs found, evidence that some people attending trump's rally left early, this all seems like a very organized assault on our republic.

I'm outraged as an American. And being here, where I see the beautiful city across the Potomac from where I live with its streets empty and patrolled by the National Guard, and having received an emergency message on my phone on Jan. 6 that the governor ordered a curfew on my community and others, I am taking this assault with an extra level of anger.

I'm no authority on when riots are justified but don't compare attempted treason to rioting

You'd be a fool to say that when someone punches another in the face because of claimed institutional racism in the entire police state, they are any different than when someone punches another in the face for claimed election fraud.

Both punched someone in the face. If you don't denounce them equally, you're not against the violence, you don't mind it as long as it serves you politically.

Let's get consistent here.

You'd be a fool to say that when someone punches another in the face because of claimed institutional racism in the entire police state, they are any different than when someone punches another in the face for claimed election fraud.

Both punched someone in the face. If you don't denounce them equally, you're not against the violence, you don't mind it as long as it serves you politically.

Let's get consistent here.
The difference is that there IS systemic racism in policing and there is NOT systemic voter fraud.

That said violence is not justified in either case.

Again though...a big chunk of the violence in the protests was brought on by the cops themselves in their overreaction and desire to "punish" protesters.

Remember that there is a video of the Kenosha police refusing to enforce the curfew against gun-toting gangs organized over the internet and making nice with them, and one of these armed thugs killed two people and seriously injured another just moments later. The Kenosha police failed to do their jobs, and there has been some talk that the police chief was affiliated with one of these gangs, so "conservatives" cannot make any points off of what occurred in Kenosha.

The difference is that there IS systemic racism in policing and there is NOT systemic voter fraud.
That's your opinion. I'm sure the Capitol rioters say the election WAS stolen. You both make broad, vague points that have many factors which play in, and may or may not support your claim.

Agreed
Again though...a big chunk of the violence in the protests was brought on by the cops themselves in their overreaction and desire to "punish" protesters.

So where do you come down on the Capitol Riot? Was there not enough police or did they successfully envoke the new reduced-police-to-not-incite-further-violence model set by BLM?

So where do you come down on the Capitol Riot? Was there not enough police or did they successfully envoke the new reduced-police-to-not-incite-further-violence model set by BLM?
The CP has a lot of problems. Not to say that most didn't act like heroes.

Their leadership and in too many cases individual actions were treasonous to both the nation and their fellow officers.

There wasn't the heightened alert that there should have been. There wasn't the manpower there should have been. And there wasn't adequate tactics and co-ordination that there should have been

And both Sergeant At Arms of the Senate and House have resigned as well as the Capitol Police Chief. An investigation is ongoing and charges may well follow.

The CP has a lot of problems. Not to say that most didn't act like heroes.

Their leadership and in too many cases individual actions were treasonous to both the nation and their fellow officers.

There wasn't the heightened alert that there should have been. There wasn't the manpower there should have been. And there wasn't adequate tactics and co-ordination that there should have been

And both Sergeant At Arms of the Senate and House have resigned as well as the Capitol Police Chief. An investigation is ongoing and charges may well follow.

Well, couldn't you say that the lack of manpower was to put into play the BLM-requested model? They said a strong police presence caused their protestors/rioters to become more violent.

Looks like that didn't go so well. Do you still support this stance?

Meanwhile, the Democrat DC mayor is on record turning down requests for a more beefed security. Looks like she messed up big time too.

That's your opinion. I'm sure the Capitol rioters say the election WAS stolen. You both make broad, vague points that have many factors which play in, and may or may not support your claim.

Agreed

There were plenty of police at the capitol attack. Unfortunately most were from out of town

Two Off-Duty Cops Were Arrested After Taking A Selfie During The Attack On The US Capitol

Forum List

Back