Wheels up: SF techies get direct flight to Israel

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Now we have a bunch of "Silicon tecnies" here in the Santa Monica area.. I wonder if something will be started for them to go back and forth to Tel Aviv.

Wheels up: SF techies get direct flight to Israel
Ari Levy | @levynews

COMMENTSJoin the Discussion
103504375-GettyImages-126597966.530x298.jpg

Alessio Romenzi | AFP | Getty Images
The picture shows a tricycle with a mounted camera to capture images for Google Street in front of Damascus Gate in the Old City of Jerusalem on September 26, 2011. Street View, which was launched in 2006, lets users view panoramic street scenes on Google Maps and take a virtual 'walk' through cities such as New York, Paris or Hong Kong.

It took the Israelites 40 years in the desert to reach the Holy Land. Silicon Valley techies can now get there in 14 hours.

United Airlines 954, the first nonstop flight from San Francisco to Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion airport, takes off at 8 p.m. Pacific Wednesday. The initial return flight, United 955, leaves Tel Aviv early Friday morning.

Technology executives, venture capitalists and entrepreneurs have been anticipating this day for many years, and for obvious reasons. Outside the U.S., Tel Aviv is the world's most vibrant city for start-up activity, according to data from Compass.

Continue reading at:

Bay Area techies get direct flight to Israel

That is very impressive, Sally. They should have more flights around the country that are nonstop flights to Israel. Tel Aviv sounds like it is really doing well! Great news!

Three days of terrible jet lag. One should at least stay a week.

I'm sure the young techies can handle it. Don't you as an older man stay up all night to defend your boyfriend? Does the lack of sleep bother you?

I'm sure the young techies can handle it. Don't you as an older man stay up all night to defend your boyfriend? Does the lack of sleep bother you?
The heck! Why do you think that I am an older man?

It is surely due to my great knowledge and wisdom.

A younger man would not be up half the night defending a boyfriend. A younger man would be getting his sleep so that he would be alert on his job the following day. The only way you might be a younger man is if you are locked up in some mental institution for your problems which means you have plenty of time on your hands.

A younger man would not be up half the night defending a boyfriend. A younger man would be getting his sleep so that he would be alert on his job the following day. The only way you might be a younger man is if you are locked up in some mental institution for your problems which means you have plenty of time on your hands.
Heck! I was busy with silicone all night long. *yawn*

Yesiree, the Little Man has so much time on his hands that he felt he had to put in his two cents also when it came to this thread. Maybe if he actually held a real job, he wouldn't have so much time defending his boyfriend and he wouldn't feel that he had to post his nonsense on so many threads (such as this one) but would try to restrain himself.. He should volunteer for kitchen duties at the Nut House to keep him vusy.

Looking at the Search option, it is obvious that the Little Man has been a busy little beaver. People with jobs would not be able to do this. I don't even have a job, but I certainly wouldn't have the time reading the Little Man's articles as there are other things to do in my life. Life must be the pits for him if this is what his life has come down to. He really needs an invite to his boyfriend's palace for a change of scenery, or at least make some friends in the Nut House.

I hope you all will notice that the Little Man is still busy after midnight in Germany. Sleep is of no importance to him because he has to defend Syria's regime.

Chalking windows again...

Yesiree, the Little Man has so much time on his hands that he felt he had to put in his two cents also when it came to this thread. Maybe if he actually held a real job, he wouldn't have so much time defending his boyfriend and he wouldn't feel that he had to post his nonsense on so many threads (such as this one) but would try to restrain himself.. He should volunteer for kitchen duties at the Nut House to keep him vusy.

Looking at the Search option, it is obvious that the Little Man has been a busy little beaver. People with jobs would not be able to do this. I don't even have a job, but I certainly wouldn't have the time reading the Little Man's articles as there are other things to do in my life. Life must be the pits for him if this is what his life has come down to. He really needs an invite to his boyfriend's palace for a change of scenery, or at least make some friends in the Nut House.

I hope you all will notice that the Little Man is still busy after midnight in Germany. Sleep is of no importance to him because he has to defend Syria's regime.

Assad, who Russia is helping, prob'ly sold `em the chemical weapons...

Russia, China Warn of Chemical Weapons Threat for Europe
April 13, 2016 - Russia and China want countries neighboring Syria to inform the U.N. if they find any extremist group trying to get chemical weapons, warning that they may be used in Europe.
Both countries sent a draft resolution through the Security Council Wednesday, saying terrorists are a "clear and present threat" to the continent. "We know that there is a strong concern, with reports that thousands of them have moved to Europe," Russia’s U.N. Ambassador Vitaly Churkin told reporters in New York. "Could some of them have brought with them the components of chemical weapons? Could some of them have brought to a European city or European country their knowledge of how to build chemical weapons?" he asked.

DD248B6B-53A7-4DDE-8DD7-0334FE575975_w640_r1_s.jpg

Containers marked as "Toxic" carrying Syria's chemical weapons materials are seen on board a Danish ship transporting the cargo out of the strife-torn country as part of an international initiative, in Cyprus coastal waters​

The resolution would call on such countries as Turkey and Iraq to monitor extremists for any moves toward building or acquiring chemical weapons. Some Western diplomats call the resolution a distraction from a U.N. investigation into the use of chemical weapons on civilians outside Damascus in 2013. Hundreds of people died as a result of the attack, even though an exact casualty number has never been established.

Both the Assad government - a major Russian ally - and the opposition blame each other for the attack which violated international law. The United States has said chemical weapons were released from helicopters and stresses that only the Syrian army has such aircraft, not the opposition.

See also:

IS Leaves Deadly Trail of Mines in Syria, Iraq
April 13, 2016 - More than a year after their liberation from the Islamic State (IS) group, residents in the Syrian town of Kobani are suffering from the deadly fallout of a four-month occupation.
Since IS was expelled from Kobani in January 2015, at least 100 civilians have been killed and 200 wounded by landmines that IS planted throughout the town and surrounding villages, according to local officials. The trail of IS mines runs through towns and cities across Iraq and Syria. Mines and projectiles left behind make it difficult for liberating military forces to enter and bring stability. Tens of thousands of refugees remain in camps in Turkey, Jordan and elsewhere. They are too afraid to return home because of the mines. Since IS was driven out of the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra in late March, Russian engineers have defused approximately 3,000 bombs that IS planted, Russia's ministry of defense said Tuesday in a statement.

C2F70467-AA30-40D6-957C-4165CB7043C3_w640_r1_s_cx22_cy22_cw78.jpg

Russian serviceman checks for mines in Palmyra, Syria​

In the Iraqi cities of Sinjar and Ramadi, Kurdish and Iraqi authorities have reported that thousands of mines and booby traps were set by IS fighters. Efforts are underway to clear the areas in order to allow civilians to return to their homes. A U.S. de-mining company has been hired to clear Ramadi and train Iraqi troops to dismantle the mines, U.S. officials said this week. Norway will allocate $5 million for de-mining, a U.S. official told Reuters news agency. And the United Nations says it is working on a program to help clear mines from areas formerly held by IS. "We are still in the early-implementation phase and do not presently have comprehensive information to share," said Lee Woodyear, an official at the UN Mine Action Service (UNMAS).

Extensive and deadly

Analysts say the mines left behind by IS are different from those found in war-torn lands such as Afghanistan and the Balkans. "What makes mine cleanup difficult in this case is that IS is very sophisticated in developing many types of IEDs, booby traps and mines," said Bastian Winkler, a German de-mining expert. "They put bombs almost everywhere after they leave. So it's very dangerous to detect them in the old, traditional way." Winkler told VOA that mines are so numerous and their paths so extensive that residents will be dealing with the fallout for many years. "The best thing to do in areas that were formerly held by IS is to start a mine risk-awareness program among locals," he said.

Riddled with explosives
Oh, yes! Sally does have a job: She is an employee of the Reichsministerium für Propaganda und Volksaufklärung.

April 13, 2016 - Russia and China want countries neighboring Syria to inform the U.N. if they find any extremist group trying to get chemical weapons, warning that they may be used in Europe.
Both countries sent a draft resolution through the Security Council Wednesday, saying terrorists are a "clear and present threat" to the continent. "We know that there is a strong concern, with reports that thousands of them have moved to Europe," Russia’s U.N. Ambassador Vitaly Churkin told reporters in New York. "Could some of them have brought with them the components of chemical weapons? Could some of them have brought to a European city or European country their knowledge of how to build chemical weapons?" he asked.

Containers marked as "Toxic" carrying Syria's chemical weapons materials are seen on board a Danish ship transporting the cargo out of the strife-torn country as part of an international initiative, in Cyprus coastal waters​

The resolution would call on such countries as Turkey and Iraq to monitor extremists for any moves toward building or acquiring chemical weapons. Some Western diplomats call the resolution a distraction from a U.N. investigation into the use of chemical weapons on civilians outside Damascus in 2013. Hundreds of people died as a result of the attack, even though an exact casualty number has never been established.

Both the Assad government - a major Russian ally - and the opposition blame each other for the attack which violated international law. The United States has said chemical weapons were released from helicopters and stresses that only the Syrian army has such aircraft, not the opposition.

See also:

April 13, 2016 - More than a year after their liberation from the Islamic State (IS) group, residents in the Syrian town of Kobani are suffering from the deadly fallout of a four-month occupation.
Since IS was expelled from Kobani in January 2015, at least 100 civilians have been killed and 200 wounded by landmines that IS planted throughout the town and surrounding villages, according to local officials. The trail of IS mines runs through towns and cities across Iraq and Syria. Mines and projectiles left behind make it difficult for liberating military forces to enter and bring stability. Tens of thousands of refugees remain in camps in Turkey, Jordan and elsewhere. They are too afraid to return home because of the mines. Since IS was driven out of the ancient Syrian city of Palmyra in late March, Russian engineers have defused approximately 3,000 bombs that IS planted, Russia's ministry of defense said Tuesday in a statement.

In the Iraqi cities of Sinjar and Ramadi, Kurdish and Iraqi authorities have reported that thousands of mines and booby traps were set by IS fighters. Efforts are underway to clear the areas in order to allow civilians to return to their homes. A U.S. de-mining company has been hired to clear Ramadi and train Iraqi troops to dismantle the mines, U.S. officials said this week. Norway will allocate $5 million for de-mining, a U.S. official told Reuters news agency. And the United Nations says it is working on a program to help clear mines from areas formerly held by IS. "We are still in the early-implementation phase and do not presently have comprehensive information to share," said Lee Woodyear, an official at the UN Mine Action Service (UNMAS).

Extensive and deadly

Analysts say the mines left behind by IS are different from those found in war-torn lands such as Afghanistan and the Balkans. "What makes mine cleanup difficult in this case is that IS is very sophisticated in developing many types of IEDs, booby traps and mines," said Bastian Winkler, a German de-mining expert. "They put bombs almost everywhere after they leave. So it's very dangerous to detect them in the old, traditional way." Winkler told VOA that mines are so numerous and their paths so extensive that residents will be dealing with the fallout for many years. "The best thing to do in areas that were formerly held by IS is to start a mine risk-awareness program among locals," he said.

Riddled with explosives
Oh, yes! Sally does have a job: She is an employee of the Reichsministerium für Propaganda und Volksaufklärung.

While the Little Man is busy being an unpaid propagandist for his boyfriend Assad (it is a labor of love for him), the techies are the ones leading a great life -- nice homes, nice cars, nice working conditions, nice vacations for themselves and their families. What a life this Dummkopf has sitting in his room all day long with only a computer to entertain himself. So tell us, Dummkopf, why did you feel you had to put your two cents into this thread? Was it that important for you to be heard in your lonely life?

See also:

Extensive and deadly

Riddled with explosives

While the Little Man is busy being an unpaid propagandist for his boyfriend Assad (it is a labor of love for him), the techies are the ones leading a great life -- nice homes, nice cars, nice working conditions, nice vacations for themselves and their families. What a life this Dummkopf has sitting in his room all day long with only a computer to entertain himself. So tell us, Dummkopf, why did you feel you had to put your two cents into this thread? Was it that important for you to be heard in your lonely life?
I don´t need to be heard. Look, it is a thread and people must open it to read. It is not like the children trafficers offering their products in front of my flat all day and night long.

See also:

Extensive and deadly

Riddled with explosives

I don´t need to be heard. Look, it is a thread and people must open it to read. It is not like the children trafficers offering their products in front of my flat all day and night long.

Of course, people have the option of opening a thread or not. However, the majority of people would not have responded as you did originally with some silly nothing. However, you with so much time on your hands couldn't restrain yourself from answering even though you are posting lots of stuff on this forum. Naturally, the stuff you post is only concerned with one thing and not the Middle East in general. One thing for sure. Those techies are not afraid to go out on the street as you are. Don't forget you stated on this forum that every time you go out the police harass you. Makes one wonder why. Maybe you run around wearing a pink tutu and ballerina slippers..

See also:

Extensive and deadly

Riddled with explosives

Of course, people have the option of opening a thread or not. However, the majority of people would not have responded as you did originally with some silly nothing. However, you with so much time on your hands couldn't restrain yourself from answering even though you are posting lots of stuff on this forum. Naturally, the stuff you post is only concerned with one thing and not the Middle East in general. One thing for sure. Those techies are not afraid to go out on the street as you are. Don't forget you stated on this forum that every time you go out the police harass you. Makes one wonder why. Maybe you run around wearing a pink tutu and ballerina slippers..
Don´t be silly, Sallychen. One can easily figure out, who is posting more in the forum. You have posted more in the ME forum than I did in the entire USMB.
And yes: It is very hard to go out for me. The Remscheid vice squad would come, enforcing their little boys on me. I am just about to learn from ISIS how to put mines below the asphalt. When the funny blue guys approach, talking about how he should reconsider taking their little boys, this might cause some new road holes.
I am pretty confident that the end justifies the means here...

See also:

Don´t be silly, Sallychen. One can easily figure out, who is posting more in the forum. You have posted more in the ME forum than I did in the entire USMB.
And yes: It is very hard to go out for me. The Remscheid vice squad would come, enforcing their little boys on me. I am just about to learn from ISIS how to put mines below the asphalt. When the funny blue guys approach, talking about how he should reconsider taking their little boys, this might cause some new road holes.
I am pretty confident that the end justifies the means here...

What a busy little beaver you were on this forum, and what a busy beaver you have been on other other forums.. Anyone can use the Search Option and see what you are doing. War, and you have the audacity to say that I post a lot. My goodness, even posting after 3 a.m. Sunday and Monday mornings and even Tuesday in Germany. Perhaps you should take a job as a night watchman since you seem unable to sleep but must be on guard if anyone says any derogatory about your beloved..

Meanwhile, nobody is forcing little boys on you. It is your sick imagination. Perhaps instead of you wearing a tutu some days, you go outside and walk around like Frankenstein and scare the children on your street. The police see this and tell you to stop it. In your mind, you think the police are harassing you when they have the children's best interests in mind.

I really think you need a girlfriend that you can take to a ratskeller once in a while instead of trying to scare children. Maybe if you had your own kids, you would think twice about talking about kids the way you do..

Forum List

Back