What's wrong with Christianity

Agree. However, Scripture doesn't say Mary was born sinless. In the Book of Luke Mary says "My Savior lives". If she was sinless, she wouldn't need a Savior.
Her savior only came into existence well after she was born? Catholics believe Jesus, the Word, existence before the world was born. A statement of "My savior lives" doesn't deny the savior did not exist at the time Mary was conceived. It simply means and he is still living.

Her savior only came into existence well after she was born? Catholics believe Jesus, the Word, existence before the world was born. A statement of "My savior lives" doesn't deny the savior did not exist at the time Mary was conceived. It simply means and he is still living.
I agree Jesus is the eternal word, but my point is she said "my Savior". A sinless person doesn't need a Savior.

In those days parchment and ink were quite expensive. A handwritten manuscript is not as easy nor as fast as typing. Between working for supplies and writing, quite a bit of time would have gone by the wayside.
not really an issue. Lots of books were written over the centuries----THE INK was made
at home using GALL NUTS ---readily available in the Galil Parchment comes with a lamb---
you DON'T EAT IT. You would be amazed at just how recently (historically) people were
writing books using parchment and gall nut ink

Are you saved?
I am aware non-Catholics use the word "Saved" quite a bit, while Catholics focus on salvation and redemption. Let's look at the definitions.

Saved refers to being rescued from the power of sin and Satan, while salvation refers to inheriting eternal life.

Catholics believe humanity is redeemed through the actions of Jesus.

Catholic belief is that through Baptism, sin is forgiven and we enter into the Body of Christ thereby being saved from the power of sin and Satan. We call this redemption and redemption occurred through the actions of Jesus. Salvation is The Way of eternal life that we begin in this life by following Christ and it extends into the hereafter.

I am aware non-Catholics use the word "Saved" quite a bit, while Catholics focus on salvation and redemption. Let's look at the definitions.

Saved refers to being rescued from the power of sin and Satan, while salvation refers to inheriting eternal life.

Catholics believe humanity is redeemed through the actions of Jesus.

Catholic belief is that through Baptism, sin is forgiven and we enter into the Body of Christ thereby being saved from the power of sin and Satan. We call this redemption and redemption occurred through the actions of Jesus. Salvation is The Way of eternal life that we begin in this life by following Christ and it extends into the hereafter.
I believe the Scripture, Roman's 10:9.

I agree Jesus is the eternal word, but my point is she said "my Savior". A sinless person doesn't need a Savior.
Catholics see it as Mary being saved from Original sin. Without intervention from her Savior, Mary would have been conceived and born with this sin. We Catholics see it as Mary needing extra "saving". What would she have been without God's intervention preventing her from being touched by Original sin?

Catholics see it as Mary being saved from Original sin. Without intervention from her Savior, Mary would have been conceived and born with this sin. We Catholics see it as Mary needing extra "saving". What would she have been without God's intervention preventing her from being touched by Original sin?
Where is the Scripture supporting that doctrine? Do you have a reply to my post in #246?

Where is the Scripture supporting that doctrine? Do you have a reply to my post in #246?
I believe we have already established Catholics follow both tradition and scripture, kind of like the proverbial walking and chewing gum at the same time. And, yes, I believe I did reach and respond to Post #246.

Again, Catholics present what they believe, why, and how they came to believe. These beliefs come via Apostolic Tradition (pre-scripture) and Scripture. In the 1500s, some Christians decided to toss Apostolic tradition while some still credit it. Catholic and Orthodox still credit it.

Is a Christian a member of the Catholic church or someone who believes the Scriptures and has faith in Jesus Christ?
they are synonymous as there is no other source to compare your reply.

its their book, written during the entire 4th century and nearly 400 years past the event they claim to represent - and not a single written word included from the religious itinerant or even a likeness of their appearance.

the events of the 1st century are interpretive in accordance to the prescribed, spoken religion of antiquity as a period in accordance of liberation theology set at the time of noah necessary for admission to the Everlasting through triumph by not just the individual but required for all humanity before that of any individual would be granted. the message was crucified and the person willing to die for its meaning.

people sin, they are not bound to be sinners nothing exists that resolves the issue than the individuals spirit itself.

To be precise, Protestants believe 1500s-Modern English scripture. Catholic scripture goes back to the Aramaic, Greek, Latin--and the Apostolic traditions. Keep in mind that not even Paul's letters were written in Judea and Galilee. Yet, this is where Apostolic tradition began.
that man should have written a book
Instead of going out among the people?
if what you claim is true - what was their mission but to inscribe a single tablet their message by them for all times to know and adhere - they chose not to inscribe.

who are you then to write your book 400 years latter and claim a message by that means not similarly provided at the time of occurrence by the main actor - as the authenticity of what was latter written.

and written with obvious forgery and fallacy with nefarious intent.

* or what they wrote was destroyed.

Forum List

Back