What's the limit on an image file?

If you upload one too large it tells you. I just take it into edit and crop the edges a bit and then it will usually upload.

JPG, PNG, whatever it is, what's the limit on the file size?

I've run into that as well, but don't know what it's currently set to. Avie pics are particularly tricky have even smaller size limits.. So as Depotoo suggests cropping is an option.. Also you can JPEG it at various resolutions in any simple photo editor.. Like the options for "email, documents, etc" USUALLY wont affect the readability if it's compressed a little more..

I THINK if you upload it to your personal USMB Photo Gallery, the App S/Ware handles the compression for display on USMB.. I've uploaded a few HUGE pics there and they post with no issues.. But don't eat up your Gallery limits....

I've run into that as well, but don't know what it's currently set to. Avie pics are particularly tricky have even smaller size limits.. So as Depotoo suggests cropping is an option.. Also you can JPEG it at various resolutions in any simple photo editor.. Like the options for "email, documents, etc" USUALLY wont affect the readability if it's compressed a little more..

I THINK if you upload it to your personal USMB Photo Gallery, the App S/Ware handles the compression for display on USMB.. I've uploaded a few HUGE pics there and they post with no issues.. But don't eat up your Gallery limits....

It used to be bigger for GIFs.

Wait, I have a personal USMB Photo Gallery?

Just you and about a thousand OTHER USMB members.. LOL...

Top tab bar on every page.. Drop down to "my gallery"... Call if you need help...

-- also a good time to go browsing thru random public stuff of other members...

Top tab bar on every page.. Drop down to "my gallery"... Call if you need help...

I can't find Gallery in the menu. Is it just my cell phone, or is it me?

I couldn't find it either, on my PC.

Found this post from Mar.
1E35601E-8031-4C7D-BFF5-CCC5A08FDA13.png

I couldn't find it either, on my PC.

The Gallery feature was dropped during the April update that we did for Xenforo... It's sad, but understandable given that USMB has never junked a single post since it rolled out.. And removing the galleries decreases the server loading for maintenance, storage, indexing, and a lot of other functions..

You can STILL upload photos with the Attach feature directly from your local storage.. And quite frankly, its faster to do than going thru the steps to load or copy a "Gallery" image.. And YOU can control where and how you save your best beach pics or memes for USMB... LOL...

Forum List

Back