What's The Difference Between Terrorism & Crime?

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
The rabid right wing are quick to toss their blessed, beloved and sacred Constitution out the door whenever the word "terrorism" is thrown into the mix.

"Hang him/them."
"Kill them."
"Put them in military tribunals."
"No Miranda rights."
"Throw the book at them."
Every resource they can think of, financial and otherwise, must be used and spent to stop it although it's occurance is in the decimals of percentage.

Yet, when you replace "terrorism" with crime, namely gun crime, they do a 180...
"We can't spend any resources on it."
"Criminals will be criminals."
"We can't stop all the crime."
"The Constitution is sacred, cannot touch their blessed 2nd Amerndment."
"We can't legislate violence away."

Although we are AWASH in crime, violent crime and gun-crime.

What's the difference of a so-called terrorist blowing up an NYC building or Boston building and a rabid RW nutjob blowing up an abortion clinic or walking into a church in session and blowing the brains out of one if it's members in broad daylight? What's the difference between those acts and a crazed gun-happy nutjob walking into a pre-school and blowing our little ones to shreds?

What's more terrifying than massacring our little children?

Seriously...what's the difference?

Last edited:
The difference is deterrence... Treating terrorist scum like average criminals is just as nutty as the terrorist attacks themselves. When you eliminate capital punishment people act sort of differently when they plan their lunacy.

I ain't an expert on this, but I look at a "crime" as an individual act or series of acts against individuals or groups with the purpose of accomplishing a specific goal: robbery, murder, rape, theft, fraud.

I look at "terrorism" as an act designed to leverage fear to change the behavior of a group of people away from their current behavior and towards the behavior you want.

Last edited:
The difference is deterrence... Treating terrorist scum like average criminals is just as nutty as the terrorist attacks themselves. When you eliminate capital punishment people act sort of differently when they plan their lunacy.
What's average about blowing up abortion clinics, or ripping pre-schoolers to shreds with high-powered rifles?

I'd like to know.

You've got to be freaking me.

CBC (you know left wing tax payer funded television and radio up here) actually did a program on how the Taliban and AQ teach terrorists to stand in a bus to exert the maximum carnage humanely possible.

Surely you jest that you don't understand the difference.

I hate to say it but I am inclined to agree. For almost half a century law enforcement was forced to advise criminals not to talk and now the feds want to change the rules to make it easy for themselves. We are on a slippery slope when the government gets to determine which citizen is covered under the 5th Amendment. I beg to differ about the chanting though. From what I heard the good citizens were chanting USA-USA which is probably just as offensive to lefties.

I ain't an expert on this, but I look at a "crime" as an individual act or series of acts against individuals or groups with the purpose of accomplishing a specific goal: robbery, murder, rape, theft, fraud.

I look at "terrorism" as an act designed to leverage fear to change the behavior of a group of people away from their current behavior and towards the behavior you want.

Then when the mafia wants a business to pay them protection, that is terrorism.

What's average about blowing up abortion clinics, or ripping pre-schoolers to shreds with high-powered rifles?
I'd like to know.

The lunacy is set apart by motive. Quite simple n'est pas? And that is how we can and must separate them.

I'd like to know.

The lunacy is set apart by motive. Quite simple n'est pas? And that is how we can and must separate them.

Why?

The rabid right wing are quick to toss their blesses, beloved and sacred Constitution out the door whenever the word "terrorism" is thrown into the mix.

"Hang him/them."
"Kill them."
"Put them in military tribunals."
"No Miranda rights."
"Throw the book at them."
Every resource they can think of, financial and otherwise, must be used and spent to stop it although it's occurance is in the decimals of percentage.

Yet, when you replace "terrorism" with crime, namely gun crime, they do a 180...
"We can't spend any resources on it."
"Criminals will be criminals."
"We can't stop all the crime."
"The Constitution is sacred, cannot touch their blessed 2nd Amerndment."
"We can't legislate violence away."

What's the difference of a so-called terrorist blowing up an NYC building or Boston building and a rabid RW nutjob blowing up an abortion clinic or walking into a church in session and blowing the brains out of one if it's members in broad daylight? What's the difference between those acts and a crazed gun-happy nutjob walking into a pre-school and blowing our little ones to shreds?

What's more terrifying than massacring our little children?

a lot of that Violent Gun Crime Marc is in the Inner cities......how come nobody says anything about that?......lots of little kids get killed just walking home from school because of some Gang guy shooting at someone on the other side of the park with 50 little kids in between.....those guys are the REAL gun-nutters.....but yet they seem to just go on with their gun violence....i don't see Republicans OR Democrats talking about that....but yet the guy down the street who owns 5-6 guns and will probably NEVER even shoot the dam thing is the guy who the fingers get pointed at......:dunno:

Then when the mafia wants a business to pay them protection, that is terrorism.

No, then I'd change "act" to "indescriminate act". What the mob does is more along the lines of blackmail and extortion, I reckon.

...What's average about blowing up abortion clinics, or ripping pre-schoolers to shreds with high-powered rifles?

I'd like to know.

Or ripping kids apart before they've had a change to be born?

I know how much you guys think the topic of abortion is somehow a "magic bullet" in any conversation, but its really starting to get old.

I'd like to know.

Well, they are all despicable crimes, none of those examples you gave are indiscriminate targets like the people in Boston were. That is the difference between criminals and terrorists.

The rabid right wing are quick to toss their blesses, beloved and sacred Constitution out the door whenever the word "terrorism" is thrown into the mix.

The terrorists guns were UNREGISTERED!

Second, guns don't commit crimes, people do.

There's your difference, you silly moonbat.

I'd like to know.

Why?

A simple criminal has a motive to profit by. Correct? Financially.

A terrorist wishes to inflict damage physically as humanely possible by their actions.

It's a no brainer. Well to sane individuals.

We ought to go back to calling them criminals. Great job by W and the dupes starting a crusade against a religion and a country that had nothing to do with it, so we have hundreds of thousands of terrorists instead of less than a hundred criminals.

You've got to be freaking me.

CBC (you know left wing tax payer funded television and radio up here) actually did a program on how the Taliban and AQ teach terrorists to stand in a bus to exert the maximum carnage humanely possible.

Surely you jest that you don't understand the difference.
OK, so this should be super-easy for you.

Explain the difference please.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back