What you believe that Jesus did not...

PaintMyHouse

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2014
...No Worse Enemy
That he came to save all mankind. (He never preached, not even once, to Gentiles)
That he was God. (even 1/3rd)
That the Kingdom (meaning Reign) of God would happen before all those standing near him were dead
That he was Messiah (which he believed right until God didn't save him death)

Start here:

Matthew 10

New International Version

Jesus Sends Out the Twelve
1Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
2These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; 3Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; 4Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.
5These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,a drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
9“Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your belts— 10no bag for the journey or extra shirt or sandals or a staff, for the worker is worth his keep. 11Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. 12As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.
16“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
21“Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Paint----you COULD interpret the words in the NT as you have------but I am not
sure that the words in the NT ------are ALL HIS WORDS. As for me-----it is very clear in my own mind (such as it is) ----that at no point in time does Jesus address
the gentiles of Rome or anyone other than jews ----I am referring to those
comments that could LOGICALLY-----be attributed to him with some level
of confidence. He seems just about as "isolationist" as any other jew of his
time

The Jesus story is a parable about the evil of community, and the danger of shaming the brutes.

I see both the Thought Police and Christianists as the devil's agents. They both use community to harm those who are different.

Women are especially guilty of this. As portrayed in monty pythons Life of Brian. In the stoning scene.

The Jesus story is a parable about the evil of community, and the danger of shaming the brutes.

I see both the Thought Police and Christianists as the devil's agents. They both use community to harm those who are different.

The majority of Christians just want to be left alone

I have always considered Christians to be very COMMUNITY minded------
what with church picnics, easter egg rolls, Christmas plays and caroling
door to door-----etc etc etc ------little white church in the middle of town and
BELLS

door to door-----etc etc etc ------little white church in the middle of town and
BELLS

Maybe Christian community, I don't care if people don't believe but stop trying to ram it down my throat, nobody is going to change a true Christian's beliefs, certainly not some motormouth like paintbynumbers

BELLS

Maybe Christian community, I don't care if people don't believe but stop trying to ram it down my throat, nobody is going to change a true Christian's beliefs, certainly not some motormouth like paintbynumbers

I have no idea WHAT paintbynumbers is--------a singular entity of unknown
origin

BELLS

origin

The nincompoop who started this comical thread

BELLS

origin

The nincompoop who started this comical thread

OH!!! that entity of unknown origin

Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Being a non Christian I find this highlighted text ambiguous.What exactly is, Son of Man?

Psalms 8 : 3-7
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;

Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Being a non Christian I find this highlighted text ambiguous.What exactly is, Son of Man?

Psalms 8 : 3-7
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;

Son of God = His deity
Son of Man = His humanity

That he came to save all mankind. (He never preached, not even once, to Gentiles)
That he was God. (even 1/3rd)
That the Kingdom (meaning Reign) of God would happen before all those standing near him were dead
That he was Messiah (which he believed right until God didn't save him death)

Start here:

Matthew 10

New International Version

Jesus Sends Out the Twelve
1Jesus called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out impure spirits and to heal every disease and sickness.
2These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; 3Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; 4Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.
5These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,a drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
9“Do not get any gold or silver or copper to take with you in your belts— 10no bag for the journey or extra shirt or sandals or a staff, for the worker is worth his keep. 11Whatever town or village you enter, search there for some worthy person and stay at their house until you leave. 12As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet. 15Truly I tell you, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.
16“I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. 17Be on your guard; you will be handed over to the local councils and be flogged in the synagogues. 18On my account you will be brought before governors and kings as witnesses to them and to the Gentiles. 19But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, 20for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
21“Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. 22You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
Sock accounts post just to run up their post count

Forum List

Back