What you believe that Jesus did not...

Son of Man = His humanity

But Psalms was written before the NT.
Psalms is much of a prophecy of Jesus, I believe there are around 90 references in Psalms of His coming and life.

Sorry I can't help more but I recall the Son Of Man reference from my Confirmation classes and that was long ago

I understand your position, but to my mind Son of Man is not referencing an individual.

It's in reference to Jesus, His humanity, so sayeth the nuns LOL

Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Being a non Christian I find this highlighted text ambiguous.What exactly is, Son of Man?

Psalms 8 : 3-7
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 6 Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 7 All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;

son of man? get the Hebrew term and I will let you know. The term for a human person is BEN ADAM----which means "son of adam" by direct
translation. I have never come across anything which would be translated BACK
into Hebrew as "son of man"------there is no such term that I know of----so the Hebrew is probably "BEN ADAM" anyone out there KNOW more than little
old me?. The Psalm does come in Hebrew-------I am too lazy too check it out
in ------my book of psalms right now

Psalms is much of a prophecy of Jesus, I believe there are around 90 references in Psalms of His coming and life.

Sorry I can't help more but I recall the Son Of Man reference from my Confirmation classes and that was long ago

I understand your position, but to my mind Son of Man is not referencing an individual.

you are right in general when it comes to the usual Hebrew usage----it would
mean -------HUMAN PERSON

sorry lassie------it ain't so in Hebrew literature-----in fact that terminology never
changed-----BEN ADAM ---still means "human person" -----on DIZENGOFF
STREET, Tel Aviv, 2016 -----and in every poem and short story written by
----shlomo and jake over the past 2000 years----make that 2500 years. Even I use
it when I stumble around ------trying to communicate in TODAY's hebrew

sorry lassie------it ain't so in Hebrew literature-----in fact that terminology never
----shlomo and jake over the past 2000 years----make that 2500 years. Even I use

Son Of Man references Christ's humanity, as Son Of God references his deity

mean -------HUMAN PERSON

Maybe it means a higher state of mind?

1And He said to me; "Son of man, that which you find, eat; eat this scroll and go, speak to the house of Israel." אוַיֹּאמֶר אֵלַי בֶּן אָדָם אֵת אֲשֶׁר תִּמְצָא אֱכוֹל אֱכוֹל אֶת הַמְּגִלָּה הַזֹּאת וְלֵךְ דַּבֵּר אֶל בֵּית יִשְׂרָאֵל:2So I opened my mouth, and He fed me this scroll. בוָאֶפְתַּח אֶת פִּי וַיַּאֲכִלֵנִי אֵת הַמְּגִלָּה הַזֹּאת:3And He said to me, "Feed your stomach and fill your bowels with this scroll, which I give you"; so I ate, and in my mouth it was as sweet as honey. גוַיֹּאמֶר אֵלַי בֶּן אָדָם בִּטְנְךָ תַאֲכֵל וּמֵעֶיךָ תְמַלֵּא אֵת הַמְּגִלָּה הַזֹּאת אֲשֶׁר אֲנִי נֹתֵן אֵלֶיךָ וָאֹכְלָה וַתְּהִי בְפִי כִּדְבַשׁ לְמָתוֹק:4And He said to me; "Son of man, go, come to the house of Israel and speak to them with My words. דוַיֹּאמֶר אֵלָי בֶּן אָדָם לֶךְ בֹּא אֶל בֵּית יִשְׂרָאֵל וְדִבַּרְתָּ בִדְבָרַי אֲלֵיהֶם:5For it is not to a people of an unfathomable language and a heavy tongue that you are sent, [but] to the house of Israel. הכִּי לֹא אֶל עַם עִמְקֵי שָׂפָה וְכִבְדֵי לָשׁוֹן אַתָּה שָׁלוּחַ אֶל בֵּית יִשְׂרָאֵל:6Not to many peoples, of deep language and heavy tongue, whose words you do not understand-had I sent you to them, I swear they would hearken to you! ולֹא | אֶל עַמִּים רַבִּים עִמְקֵי שָׂפָה וְכִבְדֵי לָשׁוֹן אֲשֶׁר לֹא תִשְׁמַע דִּבְרֵיהֶם אִם לֹא אֲלֵיהֶם שְׁלַחְתִּיךָ הֵמָּה יִשְׁמְעוּ אֵלֶיךָ:7But the house of Israel will not be willing to hearken to you, because they are not willing to hearken to Me; for all the house of Israel are brazen and of stubborn heart. זוּבֵית יִשְׂרָאֵל לֹא יֹאבוּ לִשְׁמֹעַ אֵלֶיךָ כִּי אֵינָם אֹבִים לִשְׁמֹעַ אֵלָי כִּי כָּל בֵּית יִשְׂרָאֵל חִזְקֵי מֵצַח וּקְשֵׁי לֵב הֵמָּה:8Behold I have set your face hard against their face and your forehead hard against their forehead. חהִנֵּה נָתַתִּי אֶת פָּנֶיךָ חֲזָקִים לְעֻמַּת פְּנֵיהֶם וְאֶת מִצְחֲךָ חָזָק לְעֻמַּת מִצְחָם:9As shamir, stronger than flint, I have set your forehead; fear them not, neither shall you be intimidated by them, for they are a rebellious house." טכְּשָׁמִיר חָזָק מִצֹּר נָתַתִּי מִצְחֶךָ לֹא תִירָא אוֹתָם וְלֹא תֵחַת מִפְּנֵיהֶם כִּי בֵּית מְרִי הֵמָּה:10And He said to me; "Son of man, all My words which I shall speak to you, take into your heart, and hearken with your ears. יוַיֹּאמֶר אֵלָי בֶּן אָדָם אֶת כָּל דְּבָרַי אֲשֶׁר אֲדַבֵּר אֵלֶיךָ קַח בִּלְבָבְךָ וּבְאָזְנֶיךָ שְׁמָע:11And go, come to the exile, to the children of your people, and speak to them, and say to them, 'So said the Lord God,' whether they will listen or whether they will forbear." יאוְלֵךְ בֹּא אֶל הַגּוֹלָה אֶל בְּנֵי עַמֶּךָ וְדִבַּרְתָּ אֲלֵיהֶם וְאָמַרְתָּ אֲלֵיהֶם כֹּה אָמַר אֲדֹנָי יֱהֹוִה אִם יִשְׁמְעוּ וְאִם יֶחְדָּלוּ:12And a wind lifted me up, and I heard behind me the sound of a great uproar: "Blessed is the glory of the Lord from His place."

Son Of Man references Christ's humanity, as Son Of God references his deity

can you provide some real examples in actual literature? I would need it in
the 'original'----Hebrew or Aramaic -----which, of course, I cannot produce
right now either. I do have a complete book of psalms in Hebrew----somewhere--
in my collection of STUFF------------I will look for some examples sometime when
I develope ENERGY. I still believe that someone translated the term
BEN ADAM to "son of man"---------but that term simply means "human person"----a direct translation is "son of adam"-------- "son of a man" ------would be "ben ish"
or even "ben gever" ----I think. Adam----besides being the name of the first
MAN-----kinda also means something like-----earth ------ie the stuff we walk on.
The word for EARTH-----is ADAMAH

OH I got to the Hebrew that OZMAN presented-----YUP---the term is BEN ADAM-----still the common term for 'HUMAN PERSON'. We homosapiens is BEN ADAM (s)----or more
accurately B'NAI ADAM ---children of adam

OH I got to the Hebrew that OZMAN presented-----YUP---the term is BEN ADAM-----still the common term for 'HUMAN PERSON'. We homosapiens is BEN ADAM (s)----or more
accurately B'NAI ADAM ---children of adam

I'm referring to the question of why was Christ called Son of Man and also Son Of God, I gave the explanation I was taught and have no interest in trying to dig up Hebrew text. In the Catholic Church we believe Son Of Man refers to Christ's humanity

mean -------HUMAN PERSON

1And He said to me; "Son of man, that which you find, eat; eat this scroll and go, speak to the house of Israel." אוַיֹּאמֶר אֵלַי בֶּן אָדָם אֵת אֲשֶׁר תִּמְצָא אֱכוֹל אֱכוֹל אֶת הַמְּגִלָּה הַזֹּאת וְלֵךְ דַּבֵּר אֶל בֵּית יִשְׂרָאֵל:2So I opened my mouth, and He fed me this scroll. בוָאֶפְתַּח אֶת פִּי וַיַּאֲכִלֵנִי אֵת הַמְּגִלָּה הַזֹּאת:3And He said to me, "Feed your stomach and fill your bowels with this scroll, which I give you"; so I ate, and in my mouth it was as sweet as honey. גוַיֹּאמֶר אֵלַי בֶּן אָדָם בִּטְנְךָ תַאֲכֵל וּמֵעֶיךָ תְמַלֵּא אֵת הַמְּגִלָּה הַזֹּאת אֲשֶׁר אֲנִי נֹתֵן אֵלֶיךָ וָאֹכְלָה וַתְּהִי בְפִי כִּדְבַשׁ לְמָתוֹק:4And He said to me; "Son of man, go, come to the house of Israel and speak to them with My words. דוַיֹּאמֶר אֵלָי בֶּן אָדָם לֶךְ בֹּא אֶל בֵּית יִשְׂרָאֵל וְדִבַּרְתָּ בִדְבָרַי אֲלֵיהֶם:5For it is not to a people of an unfathomable language and a heavy tongue that you are sent, [but] to the house of Israel. הכִּי לֹא אֶל עַם עִמְקֵי שָׂפָה וְכִבְדֵי לָשׁוֹן אַתָּה שָׁלוּחַ אֶל בֵּית יִשְׂרָאֵל:6Not to many peoples, of deep language and heavy tongue, whose words you do not understand-had I sent you to them, I swear they would hearken to you! ולֹא | אֶל עַמִּים רַבִּים עִמְקֵי שָׂפָה וְכִבְדֵי לָשׁוֹן אֲשֶׁר לֹא תִשְׁמַע דִּבְרֵיהֶם אִם לֹא אֲלֵיהֶם שְׁלַחְתִּיךָ הֵמָּה יִשְׁמְעוּ אֵלֶיךָ:7But the house of Israel will not be willing to hearken to you, because they are not willing to hearken to Me; for all the house of Israel are brazen and of stubborn heart. זוּבֵית יִשְׂרָאֵל לֹא יֹאבוּ לִשְׁמֹעַ אֵלֶיךָ כִּי אֵינָם אֹבִים לִשְׁמֹעַ אֵלָי כִּי כָּל בֵּית יִשְׂרָאֵל חִזְקֵי מֵצַח וּקְשֵׁי לֵב הֵמָּה:8Behold I have set your face hard against their face and your forehead hard against their forehead. חהִנֵּה נָתַתִּי אֶת פָּנֶיךָ חֲזָקִים לְעֻמַּת פְּנֵיהֶם וְאֶת מִצְחֲךָ חָזָק לְעֻמַּת מִצְחָם:9As shamir, stronger than flint, I have set your forehead; fear them not, neither shall you be intimidated by them, for they are a rebellious house." טכְּשָׁמִיר חָזָק מִצֹּר נָתַתִּי מִצְחֶךָ לֹא תִירָא אוֹתָם וְלֹא תֵחַת מִפְּנֵיהֶם כִּי בֵּית מְרִי הֵמָּה:10And He said to me; "Son of man, all My words which I shall speak to you, take into your heart, and hearken with your ears. יוַיֹּאמֶר אֵלָי בֶּן אָדָם אֶת כָּל דְּבָרַי אֲשֶׁר אֲדַבֵּר אֵלֶיךָ קַח בִּלְבָבְךָ וּבְאָזְנֶיךָ שְׁמָע:11And go, come to the exile, to the children of your people, and speak to them, and say to them, 'So said the Lord God,' whether they will listen or whether they will forbear." יאוְלֵךְ בֹּא אֶל הַגּוֹלָה אֶל בְּנֵי עַמֶּךָ וְדִבַּרְתָּ אֲלֵיהֶם וְאָמַרְתָּ אֲלֵיהֶם כֹּה אָמַר אֲדֹנָי יֱהֹוִה אִם יִשְׁמְעוּ וְאִם יֶחְדָּלוּ:12And a wind lifted me up, and I heard behind me the sound of a great uproar: "Blessed is the glory of the Lord from His place."

Ozman----you wrote out the HEBREW------I assure you ----it says SON OF ADAM----which is the COMMON WAY OF EXPRESSING ----"human person" or----"human being" in Hebrew literature-------and even in today's
Israeli newspapers---------and on park benches

mean -------HUMAN PERSON

Ozman----you wrote out the HEBREW------I assure you ----it says SON OF ADAM----which is the COMMON WAY OF EXPRESSING ----"human person" or----"human being" in Hebrew literature-------and even in today's
Israeli newspapers---------and on park benches

Yes I see what you mean, but in the quoted texts Son of Man is refering to one who has communed with G-d.

Last edited:
Paintbybymbers is confused.
Not in the slightest, Gentile. Do tell, why didn't your Lord preach to your kind?

Matthew 10

2These are the names of the twelve apostles: first, Simon (who is called Peter) and his brother Andrew; James son of Zebedee, and his brother John; 3Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus; 4Simon the Zealot and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed him.
5These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,a drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Seems as though the "Christians" are having a tough time explain why Jesus cared only about Jews, and just his kind of Jews actually. How curious, or not.

Actually jesus did not even care about the jews in general, only even more delusional tards interested in his neo-Essene sub-cult. But jesus hated non-jews just as all jews did. The contradictory material, Mithra myth madness and assorted apologetic rewrites of the new testament applied to jesus is one of the greatest hoaxes in human history.

Actually jesus did not even care about the jews in general, only even more delusional tards interested in his neo-Essene sub-cult. But jesus hated non-jews just as all jews did. The contradictory material, Mithra myth madness and assorted apologetic rewrites of the new testament applied to jesus is one of the greatest hoaxes in human history.
Well they're certainly having issues explaining how their "savior" never tried to "save" them.

Paul is the true founder of Christianity, he let the gentiles in while Jesus never gave a damn about them...

Well they're certainly having issues explaining how their "savior" never tried to "save" them.

Paul is the true founder of Christianity, he let the gentiles in while Jesus never gave a damn about them...

You guys might be on to something. Lets see if there is any scriptural support for that...

Jesus clearly said that he came to bring a sword. Matthew 10:34. Revelation 19:15 clearly says that the sword was intended to smite the nations. Jeremiah 25:15 clearly identifies the sword as a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine that will cause insanity.

According to scripture Jesus said, " Take this cup of wine and drink it, this is my blood, the blood of the covenant."

Then in revelation 16:5,6 it says, "Just art thou in these thy judgments thou Holy One who art and wast; for they shed the blood of thy people and of thy prophets and thou hast given them blood to drink,"

Looks like Jesus (and his neo-Essene sub-cult) had something else in mind instead of submitting to crucifixion because he (or they) loved the Romans so much.

Last edited:
The Jesus story is a parable about the evil of community, and the danger of shaming the brutes.

I see both the Thought Police and Christianists as the devil's agents. They both use community to harm those who are different.

Women are especially guilty of this. As portrayed in monty pythons Life of Brian. In the stoning scene.

"Christianists"? Is that anything like "Christianista"? Or perhaps simply, Christian?

The Jesus story is a parable about the evil of community, and the danger of shaming the brutes.

I see both the Thought Police and Christianists as the devil's agents. They both use community to harm those who are different.

Women are especially guilty of this. As portrayed in monty pythons Life of Brian. In the stoning scene.

"Christianists"? Is that anything like "Christianista"? Or perhaps simply, Christian?
Just means hypocrite.

Forum List

Back