What would you do?

I don't know. That's why I asked about the circumstances which resulted in her needing a ventilator and a trache. I would have had a trache put in. I can think of no more horrible way to go than suffocating.

No, she was killed when the ventilator was removed.

One assumes because she had a blockage but was able to breathe on her own, if a trache would have allowed her to breathe.

So in opting not to perform a tracheotomy, which is a simple procedure which allows people with blockages or damaged throats to breathe, the family opted to kill her.

Pretty simple.

Perhaps you'd like to argue she wasn't a human yet?
The only person's humanity in question here is yours, Allie.

He asked.
Did they withdraw support or not?

Why yes, yes they did.

Would it be considered murder if "they" were fundamentalists and granny was a child?

Yes, yes it would.

What is asinine is that people who should know better are willing to condone murder and the slaughter of innocents, under the auspice of being "civilized".

Do you consider it murder when a family withdraws care from a 90-year-old grandmother?

Please answer the above question, in the hypothetical sense.

One assumes because she had a blockage but was able to breathe on her own, if a trache would have allowed her to breathe.

So in opting not to perform a tracheotomy, which is a simple procedure which allows people with blockages or damaged throats to breathe, the family opted to kill her.

Pretty simple.

Hey, you're the one who stands for killing off babies and old folks, Ang. Shall we talk humanity?

Have you ever seen someone die of asphyxiation?

He asked.

Why yes, yes they did.

Would it be considered murder if "they" were fundamentalists and granny was a child?

Yes, yes it would.

What is asinine is that people who should know better are willing to condone murder and the slaughter of innocents, under the auspice of being "civilized".

Do you consider it murder when a family withdraws care from a 90-year-old grandmother?

You turd, I did answer it. Lay off the green beer and try to focus.

He asked.

Why yes, yes they did.

Yes, yes it would.

Do you consider it murder when a Christian family refuses to treat their child with dialysis?

My family faced a somewhat similar situation with my maternal grandfather.

My grandparents lived halfway across the country. Grandpa was quite a bit older than Grandma. He developed Alzheimers and, eventually, Grandma could no longer take care of him. She did not want to move out of the small town in which they had lived for 40 years - so she put him in a nursing home.

He went through a phase where he thought he was being held captive in a concentration camp - and would beg the nurses to let him escape. His lucid moments became few and far between. After a year, his prostate cancer reappeared; he was 92. Grandma decided not to have him go through the invasive treatment to remove the cancer. He died within a couple of months. I believe that was the most merciful course of action given his deteriorated mental state and advanced years.

We aren't designed to live forever - and clinging to keep someone alive who is clearly suffering is not merciful - and a bit self-absorbed, imo. There is Grace in letting someone go surrounded by love.

Do you consider it murder when a Christian family refuses to treat their child with dialysis?

It's not a fair comparison.

A child properly treated for diabetes has a very good chance of leading a long life.

Someone who is dying for whom treatment only prolongs the dying process is in a very different situation.

Pretty simple.

Hey, you're the one who stands for killing off babies and old folks, Ang. Shall we talk humanity?

I have seen a buddy drown in his own blood. Lasted a lot longer than pulling out a vent tube. I have seen both ways.

It's not a fair comparison.

A child properly treated for diabetes has a very good chance of leading a long life.

Someone who is dying for whom treatment only prolongs the dying process is in a very different situation.

That's just silly. We're all in the dying process. Diabetes is a debilitating disease, and kids with it don't generally live long lives and can end up comatose or dead before they're 40.

Treatment of ANY life-threatening disease, injury or illness is only prolonging the dying process.

Try again.

I have seen a buddy drown in his own blood. Lasted a lot longer than pulling out a vent tube. I have seen both ways.

If giving him a trache would have bought him some time, would you have opted for it?

That was my question, nimrod.

I will try to guess your answers to the questions that I posed, since you are tiptoeing around them:

• Do you consider it murder when a family withdraws care from a 90-year-old grandmother? - ALLIEBABA ANSWERS: YES
  • Do you consider it murder when a Christian family refuses to treat their child with dialysis? - ALLIEBABA ANSWERS: YES
Therefore, Alliebaba would agree with those who call Christian fundamentalist parents that withhold treatment from their children MURDERERS.

If giving him a trache would have bought him some time, would you have opted for it?

A trach will not help when your lungs are filling up with blood from shrapnel in the chest.
I would have tried anything, he was 19 not 90....

I have also seen someone who had the front half of his head blown off. He technically lived a couple of days I was told.
My thought was why?

Last edited:
That's just silly. We're all in the dying process. Diabetes is a debilitating disease, and kids with it don't generally live long lives and can end up comatose or dead before they're 40.

Treatment of ANY life-threatening disease, injury or illness is only prolonging the dying process.

Try again.

Do you know any Type I diabetics?

Forum List

Back