Johnson What would YOU DO about Aleppo?

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
aleppo-2013-destruction.jpg

Aleppo-July-14-201_3231024k.jpg

aleppo%20bombing%20destruction%2010282014.jpg

Clearly the answer is a multi-hub Light Rail corridor, more carbon neutral housing, and universal Pre-K education..

Too flippant? Yeah.. Here's a better answer..

We can't and shouldn't "fix it".. The time for us to make a POSITIVE difference has long past us by. And everyone of the major International bodies, Western and Arab govts -- including the U.N. and the G20 FAILED MISERABLY to prevent the worst humanitarian crisis of our age.

Aleppo is no longer a city. It's a rubble pile and a killing zone. You cannot address Aleppo unless you define a useful role in supporting restoration of govt control in Syria. And a plan to help that govt --- fight terrorists and extremists.

We should kiss Assad ass and apologize for stoking the fires. And then ASK HIM and Putin -- what they need to destroy ISIS (and the other 39 radical Islamist militias) and restore a govt. And we should aid the neighboring states in creating Safe Zones until that happens. End of the Aleppo story..

Assad dropped chlorine bombs on his people again this week. The people began this war because they don't like Assad and they still don't. The only answer to how to restore government there seems to be killing the Assad resistance. Your argument sounds good until we get to the last two para. Those poor, poor people.

One more question: Why have Safe Zones not been established already and who do you think can change that?

Well, it would help if Gary "Roll your own " Johnson actually knew the name of the place...
Very few people would know what Allepo is when asked with little context provided. While it's true that GJ is running for president, and that he should be studying up on his world geography, not knowing what/where Allepo is when asked out of the blue is not a show stopper for me.

Very few people would know what Allepo is when asked with little context provided. While it's true that GJ is running for president, and that he should be studying up on his world geography, not knowing what/where Allepo is when asked out of the blue is not a show stopper for me.

No, the show stopper is that the guy is a Libertarian Child. Libertarians are amusing for their childlike view of how the world should work, but we don't give children the car keys.

Well, it would help if Gary "Roll your own " Johnson actually knew the name of the place...

It's no big deal if some guy on the street doesn't know about Allepo. A potential president should be very aware of where and what it is.

Originally posted by Flacaltenn
We should kiss Assad ass and apologize for stoking the fires. And then ASK HIM and Putin -- what they need to destroy ISIS (and the other 39 radical Islamist militias) and restore a govt. And we should aid the neighboring states in creating Safe Zones until that happens. End of the Aleppo story.

Flacaltenn is obsessed with destroying Isis, and understandably so. They are the scourge of humanity.

But the quest for a sunni state comprising parts of what was once known as Syria and Iraq will continue no matter who's in charge.

I, for one, suggest euthanasia.

Let Syria die.

Let Iraq die.

Let Israel die.

The nightmare, the vicious cycle created by the Anglo-French imperialism and the Holocaust must come to an end.

Last edited:
I'm sure that if you were asked "What should we do about Allepo" before GJ got burned with that question that you would have known exactly what Allepo is. We have to consider that there was no additional context to the question. It was not asked during the middle of a conversation about ISIS and Syria.

It's easy to be Captain Hindsight after the fact.

If I were Johnson I'd locate it on a map and then learn what is going on there.

You can just pretty assume that any Syrian city outside of Damascus is a heap of smoking rubble by now. So locating them on a map ain't gonna fix a thing. And neither are we actually. We helped to BREAK it. By trying to bring fairy dust and freedom to Syria.

What's to be DONE -- is to relieve the humanitarian crisis and work to restore order in Syria and Libya EVEN IF -- some shotgun waving bastard is the answer that works.

You can just pretty assume that any Syrian city outside of Damascus is a heap of smoking rubble by now. So locating them on a map ain't gonna fix a thing. And neither are we actually. We helped to BREAK it. By trying to bring fairy dust and freedom to Syria.

What's to be DONE -- is to relieve the humanitarian crisis and work to restore order in Syria and Libya EVEN IF -- some shotgun waving bastard is the answer that works.

Russia is calling the shots in Syria....with that said Johnson came across as clueless and out of touch with world events.

It's no big deal if some guy on the street doesn't know about Allepo. A potential president should be very aware of where and what it is.

back seat drivers know all about it now. but they thought it was can of dog food until they ran to google......yes. yes indeed. many on this board.

Originally posted by Flacaltenn
We should kiss Assad ass and apologize for stoking the fires. And then ASK HIM and Putin -- what they need to destroy ISIS (and the other 39 radical Islamist militias) and restore a govt. And we should aid the neighboring states in creating Safe Zones until that happens. End of the Aleppo story.

Flacaltenn is obsessed with destroying Isis, and understandably so. They are the scourge of humanity.

But the quest for a sunni state comprising parts of what was once known as Syria and Iraq will continue no matter who's in charge.

I, for one, suggest euthanasia.

Let Syria die.

Let Iraq die.

Let Israel die.

The nightmare, the vicious cycle created by the Anglo-French imperialism and the Holocaust must come to an end.

You cannot ignore any voids of power in MidEast. Especially the ones WE created. So you work with the strongest, meanest dictator that hates the terrorist factions as much as you do..

I'm not "obsessed" with ISIS. ISIS thrived because WE BROKE the govts in Iraq, Syria and Libya. We have RETARDS who haven't learned that deposing dictators leads to the SAME RESULT -- time after time.

The LParty has been screaming this message since about 1988. We haven't changed the position. Just took this much death, destruction and chaos for the OTHER party people to "get it".

Russia is calling the shots in Syria....with that said Johnson came across as clueless and out of touch with world events.

Ask him what to do about Syria and ISIS.. He's not clueless. CLUELESS would be repeating the same mistakes over and over and over again. From Clinton to Obama --- all of them -- fucked it up...

I'm sure that if you were asked "What should we do about Allepo" before GJ got burned with that question that you would have known exactly what Allepo is. We have to consider that there was no additional context to the question. It was not asked during the middle of a conversation about ISIS and Syria.

It's easy to be Captain Hindsight after the fact.

It wouldn't matter if a random person on the street didn't know what an extrusion faction was, but it would make a big difference if that person was wanting to be your cardiologist. If Johnson wants to be president, he needs to know more than a random person on the street.

back seat drivers know all about it now. but they thought it was can of dog food until they ran to google......yes. yes indeed. many on this board.

Johnson isn't looking for people to elect him to be a back seat driver.

Forum List

Back