What would Liberals eat?

"On any given school
day, the calorie level for the meal may
fall outside of the minimum and
maximum levels as long as the average
number of calories for the week is
within the required range."

What if the hungry kid isn't there on the high calorie day?

Oh, and they admit to a reduction in calories:

"The final rule will also
limit certain fats and reduce calories
and sodium in school meals."

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2012-01-26/pdf/2012-1010.pdf

Are we going to insert little computer chips which track how many calories a student eats per week so the school can cut them off once they've hit their limits...or force feed them if they are way below the minimum?

back for more eh dumb dumb?

Do you acknowledge that a school can in fact feed its students as much of whatever as it wants?

Certainly they can, if they don't take federal subsidies.

Moron.

Then why have you been bitching in this thread that the new plan is starving kids? Idiot

And here you are again with the Lousy Reading Comprehension and Misrepresentation.

I pointed out that the plan was inadequate for physically active kids, especially those involved in athletics programs.

But morons like you can only handle one concept at a time...which is why you favor One Size Fits All choices.

I haven't misinterpreted anything you've said . You're just stupid.

Active kid can be fed what the fuck ever a school wants to feed them.

Please link me to where "active" kids were getting 3,000 calories a day at school before this

Here's an idea if your kid needs 3,000 calories pack them a garbage bag lunch.

You sad sack of sophistry. I was addressing the 850 calorie limit in Michelle O's food program.

And note: 107 average posts per day for the Biggest USMB Loser! No wonder you favor government programs - you must live off them in order to spend so much time posting here.

They wouldn't be seen dead eating this:

nutella-and-bacon-stuffed-french-toast-63.jpg
You are going to make Michelle sick just by looking at the picture.

Actually, she's get the white house chef to make some. They aren't on the Michelle O lunch plan.

You know, the WH pastry chef quit and in an interview he said that he had given up trying to find substitutions for butter, cream and sugar.

Must not be much of a chef-- I use subs for cream and sugar every morning in my coffee and have done so for years. I don't believe in butter substitutes but they're out there in every store I've ever seen...
Yeah, because your coffee is in same arena as a master pastry chefs talents :lol:

"On any given school

Are we going to insert little computer chips which track how many calories a student eats per week so the school can cut them off once they've hit their limits...or force feed them if they are way below the minimum?

Do you acknowledge that a school can in fact feed its students as much of whatever as it wants?

Moron.

Then why have you been bitching in this thread that the new plan is starving kids? Idiot

And here you are again with the Lousy Reading Comprehension and Misrepresentation.

I pointed out that the plan was inadequate for physically active kids, especially those involved in athletics programs.

But morons like you can only handle one concept at a time...which is why you favor One Size Fits All choices.

Please link me to where "active" kids were getting 3,000 calories a day at school before this

You sad sack of sophistry. I was addressing the 850 calorie limit in Michelle O's food program.

And note: 107 average posts per day for the Biggest USMB Loser! No wonder you favor government programs - you must live off them in order to spend so much time posting here.

Folks this is hilarious.

The woman who says the federal government should provide MORE food claiming that another person is for more government programs.

You're an idiot. I've said in this thread, that schools should do away with cafeterias completely. To ANYONE with a smidgen of common sense, oops sorry that leaves you out, that means I don't favor this program, nor any program that has schools providing students with food.

What I DO favor , is the truth. And the truth is you are dead wrong about what this program does and what it entails. It is quite clear to anyone reading that until I told you, you didn't realize that OVS only restricted what the federal government would reimburse schools for. Why you can't admit that is anyone's guess, I mean it's not big of a deal except that you realized your error and instead of admitting it are now moving the goal posts.

Further, it's quite clear you hate this program, because you hate Michelle Obama, and that is pathetic.

Now, come back with some snippy, yet air headed nonsense, grrr call me a liberal grr get mad at me for your failure to understand that which you are whining about grrrr Obama bad mmmkay...

They wouldn't be seen dead eating this:

nutella-and-bacon-stuffed-french-toast-63.jpg
You are going to make Michelle sick just by looking at the picture.

Actually, she's get the white house chef to make some. They aren't on the Michelle O lunch plan.

You know, the WH pastry chef quit and in an interview he said that he had given up trying to find substitutions for butter, cream and sugar.

Must not be much of a chef-- I use subs for cream and sugar every morning in my coffee and have done so for years. I don't believe in butter substitutes but they're out there in every store I've ever seen...
Yeah, because your coffee is in same arena as a master pastry chefs talents :lol:

It truly is, thank you. Actually well above. :coffee:

Sounds like you've been to my place in the morning. Yeah I take it very seriously.

Last edited:
"On any given school

Moron.

Folks this is hilarious.

The woman who says the federal government should provide MORE food claiming that another person is for more government programs.

You're an idiot. I've said in this thread, that schools should do away with cafeterias completely. To ANYONE with a smidgen of common sense, oops sorry that leaves you out, that means I don't favor this program, nor any program that has schools providing students with food.

What I DO favor , is the truth. And the truth is you are dead wrong about what this program does and what it entails. It is quite clear to anyone reading that until I told you, you didn't realize that OVS only restricted what the federal government would reimburse schools for. Why you can't admit that is anyone's guess, I mean it's not big of a deal except that you realized your error and instead of admitting it are now moving the goal posts.

Further, it's quite clear you hate this program, because you hate Michelle Obama, and that is pathetic.

Now, come back with some snippy, yet air headed nonsense, grrr call me a liberal grr get mad at me for your failure to understand that which you are whining about grrrr Obama bad mmmkay...

Riiight..because we're all about making government programs bigger.

I think it's sad when losers lose face in a discussion, and then desperately scramble in order to misrepresent what was said in the first place.

Her point is that the program that has been implemented by the Feds is nonsensical and doesn't even ATTEMPT to address the issues that it LIED about in the first place.

You morons bought a LIE fed to you by statists who wanted to take your money...they have the money now, and the program achieves the EXACT opposite effect than the one they said they were setting as their goal. In fact, not only does the lunch program not work to alleviate the problem that was proclaimed as the sole reason for it's existence....it actually makes the problem that the touters said in the beginning was the REASON it was needed. Kids are more hungry. They admit that is what they really want...they said they wanted to alleviate hunger, but really they wanted to INCREASE hunger, and decrease OBESITY...and now they claim that those two things are one and the same!

They did the same thing to you with the health care fiasco as well...and with the abortion culture as well. You nitwits deserve exactly what you get. Hopefully it will be only your you yourselves who die as a result of it.

Acolytes. You serve no other purpose except to feed whoever happens to be top dog.

"On any given school

Moron.

Folks this is hilarious.

rant2-1.gif
rant2-1.gif
smiliegah.gif

Thank you KG! Your reading comprehension and retention are clearly Far Superior to DumberThan's (although that could be considered faint praise ;) ).

Her point is that the program that has been implemented by the Feds is nonsensical and doesn't even ATTEMPT to address the issues that it LIED about in the first place.

Quite sad to see how many people public schools have failed in this country.

Her point that I was addressing was her claim that kid's couldn't eat more than 850 calories at lunch. That simply isn't true. As I proved.

I didn't even address anything else about her "points"

And if I favor getting rid of cafeterias altogether, how the hell does that equal I like THIS program?

See,you ideologues are so stupid you can't argue for truth if it gets in the way of your ideology.

Truth IS my ideology. Schools can feed kids what the fuck ever they want.

If the Federal government didn't provide them 24/7/365 minute by minute instructions, what would Liberals eat? House plants? Dirt? Paint chips? paper clips? I mean are they really that helpless that they need Michelle Obama to tell them EVERYTHING?

"The federal snack rules take effect this year for school districts across the country that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program. They restrict snack foods sold at schools to those with at least 50 percent whole grain, with low sugar, fat and sodium content. Each snack must also come in under 200 calories, according to the news site.

That means a lot of popular snacks are now off the table, including donuts, brownies, potato chips, full flavor pop, candy bars, and most other foods teenagers prefer. Even salt shakers and packets are now illegal."

School employee on snack rules 8216 You cannot buy a Tic Tac in a Nebraska school I checked 8217 - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.
amazes me that anybody has a problem with public schools feeding kids healthier foods. But there it is.
I amazes me that libs continue to miss the point,.
We dont need Washington bureaurcrats telling us what to eat. We just dont. Making some snacks illegal is simply more nanny state nonsense.
In other words, ketchup is a vegetable.

If the Federal government didn't provide them 24/7/365 minute by minute instructions, what would Liberals eat? House plants? Dirt? Paint chips? paper clips? I mean are they really that helpless that they need Michelle Obama to tell them EVERYTHING?

"The federal snack rules take effect this year for school districts across the country that participate in the federal free and reduced lunch program. They restrict snack foods sold at schools to those with at least 50 percent whole grain, with low sugar, fat and sodium content. Each snack must also come in under 200 calories, according to the news site.

That means a lot of popular snacks are now off the table, including donuts, brownies, potato chips, full flavor pop, candy bars, and most other foods teenagers prefer. Even salt shakers and packets are now illegal."

School employee on snack rules 8216 You cannot buy a Tic Tac in a Nebraska school I checked 8217 - EAGnews.org powered by Education Action Group Foundation Inc.
amazes me that anybody has a problem with public schools feeding kids healthier foods. But there it is.
I amazes me that libs continue to miss the point,.
We dont need Washington bureaurcrats telling us what to eat. We just dont. Making some snacks illegal is simply more nanny state nonsense.
In other words, ketchup is a vegetable.

In other words, you have no idea how to address the point made in Rabbi's post.

Not seeing how 850 calories for lunch is going to make anyone go hungry unless that is the only meal they get a day.

Her point that I was addressing was her claim that kid's couldn't eat more than 850 calories at lunch. That simply isn't true. As I proved.

And if I favor getting rid of cafeterias altogether, how the hell does that equal I like THIS program?

See,you ideologues are so stupid you can't argue for truth if it gets in the way of your ideology.

They can feed kids whatever they want, within the federal guidelines.

And the federal guidelines have changed in a way that results in lunches with a much lower calorie count per day. They have also changed to allow schools to skimp all week and then provide one big meal a week...which sort of defeats the purpose of feeding hungry kids..who have higher absenteeism, and therefore could possibly miss the big meal every week for a month, and only get a fraction of the calories they would have gotten under the OLD system.

They can feed kids whatever they want, within the federal guidelines.

And the federal guidelines have changed in a way that results in lunches with a much lower calorie count per day. They have also changed to allow schools to skimp all week and then provide one big meal a week...which sort of defeats the purpose of feeding hungry kids..who have higher absenteeism, and therefore could possibly miss the big meal every week for a month, and only get a fraction of the calories they would have gotten under the OLD system.

Ma'am you are COMPLETELY wrong on this issue.

Listen.

The federal guidelines say RIGHT IN THEM, that you can feed kids more than what OVS will reimburse for.

DO you not get this? THis only applies to federal reimbursement, nothing more.

Oh and NOTHING prior to this law prevented schools from skimping all week then providing one big meal. Nor do you have any evidence to suggest either that schools weren't doing that before, or that they are doing it now.

Oh also, the "skimping" applies to portion sizes, not calories. The minimum caloric count applies EVERY day.

I'm not wrong at all. No, the skimping applies to calories. As you know, I posted that particular rule and linked it to the standards.

Not seeing how 850 calories for lunch is going to make anyone go hungry unless that is the only meal they get a day.

No shit.

Follow closely, ravtard.

We were told we had to completely revamp and increase funding to the school lunch programs, because THE ONLY FOOD that unprecedented numbers of American children were receiving was provided via the lunch programs at schools. The children were HUNGRY, they were STARVING, so we must address this issue by increasing the $$$$ spent on the school lunch program! Alleviate hunger amongst the poor kids of the inner cities and Appalachia!

Supposedly, American has a hidden, starving population of children. You can identify them by their obesity, and you fix their hunger issues by feeding them less!

Forum List

Back