What Would King Say?

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
It is really time whites on the far right stopped. You are not fooling anybody with your garbage. We blacks know what King and X stood for. Those my age and those younger are charged by their supreme sacrifice not to let down, quit, sell out, or turn into Uncle Tom’s to be accorded our rightful place in this society. That means we control the economic, social, and political environments in our community. The day has come to demand economic equality, which is the basis of all equality in a capitalist system. We will not stop until that happens. We have gone beyond the 3 period, 4th quarter, 72nd hole or the 9th inning. This game will continue to be played in overtime until economic equality is reached. That is what Rev. Martin Luther King was moving towards when James Earl Ray showed the content of his character on April 4th, 1968.

"At the very same time that America refused to give the Negro any land, through an act of Congress our government was giving away millions of acres of land in the West and the Midwest, which meant it was willing to undergird its white peasants from Europe with an economic floor."

"But not only did they give them land, they built land grant colleges with government money to teach them how to farm. Not only that, they provided county agents to further their expertise in farming. Not only that, they provided low interest rates in order that they could mechanize their farms."

"Not only that, today many of these people are receiving millions of dollars in federal subsidies not to farm, and they are the very people telling the black man that he ought to lift himself by his own bootstraps. And this is what we are faced with, and this is the reality."

"Now, when we come to Washington in this campaign, we are coming to get our check."

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Michael Eric Dyson, I May Not Get There With You-The True Martin Luther King, Jr., I May Not Get There With You

Forum List

Back