What Would It Take To Abandon Obama?

The same question could be asked of Romney supporters. There is no difference.

Really? What kind of ethical problems does Romney have? Don't bring up all the faux scandals invented by the Obama campaign. Romney's tax rate isn't an ethics problem.

Partisan hacks are partisan hacks. Those are the people that will support whoever had the right letter next to their name and probably represents about 30 percent of the vote on both sides. The rest, they would be affected by such news.

Wrong. Democrats are far more likely to overlook the flaws in their candidates. They will defend a scumbag to the hilt. They've proven that time and time again.

Romney Created a Special Class of Stock To Screw A Woman

Under a plan approved by Romney and other board members in 1988, Maureen Sullivan Stemberg was given 500,000 shares of Staples common stock, then awarded a special “D’’ class of stock in exchange for those shares. She sold about half of the shares only to learn a year later that the stock was worth more than $22 a share, about 10 times the value of the stock she was awarded by her husband.

In testimony Romney said he backed the deal to give Stemberg’s wife a special class of stock “as a favor to Tom. It was something that was done in my opinion, it was initiated as a favor. Tom needed to have a settlement with his wife so that was the genesis of it.” But Romney insisted the board’s decision was made “in the best interests of the company’s shareholders.”

Romney acknowledged at the time that there were no other cases in which a separate class of securities was created for the benefit of one individual. He also said that as an investor through Bain, he had never seen that kind of a device used before.

:mad:

Romney testimony in Staples founder’s divorce shows he was initially skeptical of store idea - The Washington Post

Romney also said that a new class of shares was created specifically for Stemberg.

“It was initiated as a favor,” Romney testified. “Tom needed to have a settlement with his wife.”

crony capitalism?

Romney Said Share Class Was Favor to Staples Founder - Businessweek

Two rumors surfaced this week. I dont know whether either is true or not. The first was that Obama dealt cocaine in college. The second that Trump had evidence Obama was enrolled as a foreign student. Let's say both of them were proven facts. Would Obama supporters turn off support for him? I dont think so. They would spin the first as "they all do it" and the second as "It's proof the Constitution needs to be amended." I don't think there is any point that anything damaging about a Democratic candidate would cause his supporters to reconsider.
This is in contrast to many years ago when Democrats valued things like personal integrity. I remember when McGovern's first choice for VP, Thomas Eagleton, was revealed to have had shock therapy. He was considered unelectable and dropped. Today he would be admired on talk shows for overcoming his problem. In part I think a lot of this came from Bill Clinton, who's idea of success and sole criterion was "winning." In light of that, winning is all that matters to the Left. They rationalize it by saying "they all do it" or some other mitigating argument. But they dont all do it. The Left projects their own beliefs on their opponents. To them winning is all that matters so they think everyone feels the same.

The extent of rightwing cluelessness concerning the presidential election is remarkable.

By the way.............many people have already abandoned King Obama because of the BenghaziGate affair.

That was the piece that broke the camel's back.

I know this is gonna sound weird BUT I THINK THE ELECTION IS ALREADY DECIDED!

The very, very few who have yet to make up their mind will probably not even both to go to the polls.

Is it that the debates changed anyone's views of the candidates? Or, that the debates permitted those to speak up and voice their views as they feel they won't be made fun of by others?

I'll post an item on polling that might back up my opinion.

IMHO, no matter how hard the media tries, Gov Romney has already won.

It boggles the mind how there are some who have yet to make a decision. I mean really ... what the hell are they waiting for? Are there really folks out there still sitting on the fence saying to themselves .... "Well, I really like this about Obama and I really like this about Romney. Gee, this is so difficult. I don't know who to vote for."

Let me fill you in on something. There are a lot of people on both sides and in the middle who really don't give a flying fuck about the election but they will still vote, and they will likely make up their mind the day of the election.

By the way.............many people have already abandoned King Obama because of the BenghaziGate affair.

Such amusing cluelessness from the right. They don't understand how they come across to non-crazy people.

It's doubtful any voter was swayed by that crazy conspiracy theory. Sure, the it makes perfect sense to the ODS cranks, but that's a crowd that takes moral guidance from Donald Trump. Normal people are shaking their heads at the stupidity of it, wondering just what those idiots are babbling about this time.

The same question could be asked of Romney supporters. There is no difference. Partisan hacks are partisan hacks. Those are the people that will support whoever had the right letter next to their name and probably represents about 30 percent of the vote on both sides. The rest, they would be affected by such news.

I dispute that. The GOP has a way of eating its members who violate standards.

Now THAT is hilarious. See your senatorial candidates in MO and IN for proof.

Such amusing cluelessness from the right. They don't understand how they come across to non-crazy people.

It's doubtful any voter was swayed by that crazy conspiracy theory. Sure, the it makes perfect sense to the ODS cranks, but that's a crowd that takes moral guidance from Donald Trump. Normal people are shaking their heads at the stupidity of it, wondering just what those idiots are babbling about this time.

Apparently conservatives are proposing the office of president be left vacant.

A Republican Candidate like Eisenhower.

I like Ike!

One of the last decent presidents we have had.
That's true. Eisenhower was a good man.

Jimmy Carter is a decent man as well. But he had a lot of bad luck and too many circumstances, such as the oil crisis and the botched attempt to free the hostages in Iran, turned against him. He also was too honest and he tried to do the right thing, which is a practical impossibility in the nest of vipers that is Washington.

It seems to me that American politics has become so corrupted and inhabited by so many lying, self-serving scoundrels that truly decent people want no part of it. And they can't be blamed.

The stupidity of a significant percentage of the voting public is an equally negative factor.

The way obama is going, he will end up giving a profanity laced diatribe in one of his speeches and that will be his end. obama is losing it. He's getting hysterical. His speeches have gone, not on what he is going to do, but just attacks on Romney, while Romney is keeping positive.

obama's book, his plan, ends up being nothing but pictures featuring obama. He is going slowly and very publicly insane.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: President Obama is just fine. You are the one that needs a friggin' straight jacket!!!

$one-flew-over-the-cuckoos-nest-nurse-ratched-431x300.jpg

A Republican Candidate like Eisenhower.

Just imagine, I could go back to being a Republican.

Eisenhower warned about the inherent dangers of the powerful and corrupt military-industrial complex. His words were without a doubt the most significant, most profound and most terrifyingly honest message ever communicated to the American public.

Sadly, too many Republicans and too many Democrats either didn't listen or didn't care.

Because I'm not here to do your work for you. Look at the GOP pols that have resigned or been under intense party pressure. Bob Barr, Larry Craig, etc. You see nothing fo the sort with Jim McGreevey or other scandal-ridden Dems.
Go fuck yourself.

LOL, I knew you couldn't answer. Just like every other time you're challenged on anything. You fit in well with the base of your party.
WHich is why I answered your question. Too bad you're too fucking stupid to understand it. No wonder you support Obama.

LOL, of course you would think you answered. hahahahahahah

What Would It Take To Abandon Obama?

For many of us, many who I have little doubt you'd loathe, all it would take for us to abandon Obama, is a Republican candidate whose proposed policies were NOTHING LIKE OBAMA'S OR MITT'S.

Two rumors surfaced this week. I dont know whether either is true or not. The first was that Obama dealt cocaine in college. The second that Trump had evidence Obama was enrolled as a foreign student. Let's say both of them were proven facts. Would Obama supporters turn off support for him? I dont think so. They would spin the first as "they all do it" and the second as "It's proof the Constitution needs to be amended." I don't think there is any point that anything damaging about a Democratic candidate would cause his supporters to reconsider.
This is in contrast to many years ago when Democrats valued things like personal integrity. I remember when McGovern's first choice for VP, Thomas Eagleton, was revealed to have had shock therapy. He was considered unelectable and dropped. Today he would be admired on talk shows for overcoming his problem. In part I think a lot of this came from Bill Clinton, who's idea of success and sole criterion was "winning." In light of that, winning is all that matters to the Left. They rationalize it by saying "they all do it" or some other mitigating argument. But they dont all do it. The Left projects their own beliefs on their opponents. To them winning is all that matters so they think everyone feels the same.

I think it's a matter of what you consider a moral failing.

Clinton lied about a sex act with a subordinate.

Bush lied about Iraq having nuclear weapons, went to war, 4500 Americans died, maybe 100K Iraqis.

In a sane world, the latter would be considered a bigger deal. No one died because Monica gave Bill a hummer.

Now, you are bringing up two things he supposedly did in college, like they were a big deal.

Romney ran a company that destroyed jobs, shipped jobs overseas, required massive government bailouts to salvage pension funds, ruined hundreds of lives.

You tell me which is worse.

So the Right is reduced to asking Obama supporters what would they do if something Donald Trump said turned out to be true?

funny

The better question is, what would it take for conservatives to abandon Donald Trump?

If it turned out that Romney was responsible for spreading these rumors

Would you refuse to vote for him?

If it turned out that Romney was responsible for spreading these rumors

Would you refuse to vote for him?
He wasn't. Those "rumors" have been around since his run for Senate at least, and known to his circle of friends according to some. February, 2008

Forum List

Back