What will Cruz do to keep us in the lead in science and education?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
What will Cruz do to keep us in the lead in science and education? What polices? we've been losing ground the last 15 years against China and this is a serious national security concern.

I'd like to see some serious reforms within education to stop our downwards slide against the rest of the first world...Also, what is his ideas on keeping us the top science and r&d country in the world?

All just as important as whining about terrorist and illegals all the time. I am of course not saying that they're not important, but there's a lot more to being president.

We will keep falling to china if we don't turn this around
RDGDP_1.jpg

http://www.aaas.org/sites/default/files/RDGDP_1.jpg

Ted cruz has a chair on the science committee so he better have some good proposals as I expect that this is something he cares about. Obama has been bad for r&d and education.

Obama has been in charge for seven of those last fifteen years.

Remind me again. What's your fucking problem? :slap:

I am really hoping your party can turn it around. Show me that you care about American leadership.
Why don't you show me how Obama has cared about "American leadership" during that past seven years?

You're a fucking mental cripple. :slap:

Obama hasn't been interested in anything other than fucking up the country. That should be abundantly clear by now to anyone with a brain.

What will Cruz do to keep us in the lead in science and education? What polices? we've been losing ground the last 15 years against China and this is a serious national security concern.

I'd like to see some serious reforms within education to stop our downwards slide against the rest of the first world...Also, what is his ideas on keeping us the top science and r&d country in the world?

All just as important as whining about terrorist and illegals all the time. I am of course not saying that they're not important, but there's a lot more to being president.

RDGDP_1.jpg

Ted cruz has a chair on the science committee so he better have some good proposals as I expect that this is something he cares about. Obama has been bad for r&d and education.

Well, he's actually pretty specific about education. For primary schools, Common Core would be out the door, and control of curriculum would go back to the individual states, with federal education funds being issued in block grants for the states to apply as they see fit. On every issue where it's applicable, Cruz is a big believer in state sovereignty rather than federal micromanagement.

He is also a big supporter of parental choice in education; as he says, the rich already have school choice. The poor should have it, too.

For secondary education, he advocates ending affirmative action preferences in college admissions.

A lot of what you're specifically referring to would fall under various other headings, such as his positions on the environment, on industry, on federal funding in general . . . Not sure the questions you're asking have been posed in that particular way yet.

He's not a big fan of politically-driven research funding, as witness the media dustup between him and NASA when he decried so much of NASA's budget being spent on anthropogenic catastrophic global climate change research (global warming, in other words). It's apparently not that he objects to funding NASA and other scientific research, but he's pretty clear on wanting a different criteria for funded projects.

Whether or not you think his policies on business and industry would help or hurt the economy - and thus, private sector investment in R&D - depends on how big a fan you are of free-market capitalism. Cruz is pretty specific about being a supporter of it.

Cruz will import the Best and the Brightest from India and Africa to replace the indigenously stupid descendants of any other nationality.
They will then provide us with 100,000,000 more unemployed Americans.

RDGDP_1.jpg

The USA has been falling behind in science and education for a long time. We are not in the lead in education and haven't been for a long time. So, the title of this thread is a misnomer.

Your implication is the federal government should control education. It should not as it is incapable of doing so effectively, like most things it does.

RDGDP_1.jpg

The USA has been falling behind in science and education for a long time. We are not in the lead in education and haven't been for a long time. So, the title of this thread is a misnomer.

Your implication is the federal government should control education. It should not as it is incapable of doing so effectively, like most things it does.

Best thing the federal government can do is to get as far out of the way as possible.

So pretty much he'll defund most of the funding for science, r&d and leave education with limited local funding. Pretty much fuck our leadership on this planet and become a backwoods shit hole.

Another graph I looked at shown that in the 60's and 70's the federal government was as much as 70% of all r&d funding. At the same time we had the strongest middle class in our nations history,wages were high enough for the majority of this country to raise a family with only one parent working and we did great stuff that was respected world wide.

What the fuck has defunding and starving our ability to compete ever done to our advantage? Cruz is a fool. Talk about pushing America towards failure!

What you people want is a huge poor class of ******* without education to work in the corporate factories here to make cheap shit. That my friends is what unregulated capitalism is.

Cruz's vision for America looks a little like Mexico and Vietnam.

Last edited:

RDGDP_1.jpg

The current Republican party is populated with people that think science is a fad that will pass. Cruz is one of the most ignorant people on the national scene. He is the male Sarah Palin.

So pretty much he'll defund most of the funding for science, r&d and leave education with limited local funding. Pretty much fuck our leadership on this planet and become a backwoods shit hole.

Another graph I looked at shown that in the 60's and 70's the federal government was as much as 70% of all r&d funding. At the same time we had the strongest middle class in our nations history,wages were high enough for the majority of this country to raise a family with only one parent working and we did great stuff that was respected world wide.

What the fuck has defunding and starving our ability to compete ever done to our advantage? Cruz is a fool. Talk about pushing America towards failure!

What you people want is a huge poor class of ******* without education to work in the corporate factories here to make cheap shit. That my friends is what unregulated capitalism is.

"In 2011, the United States spent $11,841 per full-time-equivalent (FTE) student on elementary and secondary education, an amount 35 percent higher than the OECD average of $8,789. At the postsecondary level, U.S. expenditures per FTE student were $26,021, almost twice as high as the OECD average of $13,619."

The Condition of Education - Elementary and Secondary Education - Finance - Education Expenditures by Country - Indicator May (2015)

Sorry son, but you are used to being wrong, aren't you?

"In 2011, the United States spent $11,841 per full-time-equivalent (FTE) student on elementary and secondary education, an amount 35 percent higher than the OECD average of $8,789. At the postsecondary level, U.S. expenditures per FTE student were $26,021, almost twice as high as the OECD average of $13,619."

The Condition of Education - Elementary and Secondary Education - Finance - Education Expenditures by Country - Indicator May (2015)

Better than you do nothing on allowing everything to turn to shit. Talk about failure.

The reforms we need don't have anything to do with "extra money". They have a lot to do with rising the standards and reforming the system into what it once was. Does cruz wish to attempt to do this??? Here's a clue,,,Every single one of the top 20 educational systems are pubic systems. So don't act like we couldn't reform it.

Talk about being wrong...your party could care less.

Better than you do nothing on allowing everything to turn to shit. Talk about failure.

The reforms we need don't have anything to do with "extra money". They have a lot to do with rising the standards and reforming the system into what it once was. Does cruz wish to attempt to do this??? Here's a clue,,,Every single one of the top 20 educational systems are pubic systems. So don't act like we couldn't reform it.

Talk about being wrong...your party could care less.

Son you were just shown that we pay more than twice as much as other Nations.

Just thank me and slink away.

RDGDP_1.jpg

The current Republican party is populated with people that think science is a fad that will pass. Cruz is one of the most ignorant people on the national scene. He is the male Sarah Palin.

And the far left drones and their narratives running amok again..

Government funding fucks things up because government is corrupt. When will you ever learn?

Forum List

Back