What was your favorite Pink Floyd album ?

The first song I ever heard from them was "Interstellar Overdrive" from the Pipers at the Gates of Dawn. I think I was 11 at the time. This means it was 1972.
Actually it was 1967 when it was released. I bought it because "See Emely Play" was on it and I only had the 45. I fell in love with "Interstellar Overdrive" immediately.
That is why I said, "I ever heard it" and not when it was released.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Pink Floyd are the two bands I regret the most about never seeing perform live --going back to the mid-70's, and the music still holds up to everything coming out these days. ---And this is a tough choice for me but ranking Pink Floyd's top 5 my first pick is....
Wish You Were Here. Then
Animals
Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
Meddle....
Here's something most people don't know .....the lead vocalist on this song is Roy Harper, an English folk singer.

The wall

Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Pink Floyd are the two bands I regret the most about never seeing perform live --going back to the mid-70's, and the music still holds up to everything coming out these days. ---And this is a tough choice for me but ranking Pink Floyd's top 5 my first pick is....
Wish You Were Here. Then
Animals
Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
Meddle....
Here's something most people don't know .....the lead vocalist on this song is Roy Harper, an English folk singer.

seen them both.....Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Tour....and ELP about 73....

seen them both.....Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon Tour....and ELP about 73....
I remember friends talking about the Pink Floyd concert at
Cleveland Stadium when they had the flying pig. (Animals 77 ? )
when i saw them at the LA Sports Arena they had a 4 Chanel sound system .....that was first for me....
They started that in 1969 with the Ummagumma tour.
it wasnt that bad....but the 2nd time i experienced that was with ELP at the Anaheim Convention ....i thought their setup was a lot better.....

Forum List

Back