What was your favorite Pink Floyd album ?

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Pink Floyd are the two bands I regret the most about never seeing perform live --going back to the mid-70's, and the music still holds up to everything coming out these days. ---And this is a tough choice for me but ranking Pink Floyd's top 5 my first pick is....
Wish You Were Here. Then
Animals
Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
Meddle....
Here's something most people don't know .....the lead vocalist on this song is Roy Harper, an English folk singer.

Last edited:
Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Pink Floyd are the two bands I regret the most about never seeing perform live --going back to the mid-70's, and the music still holds up to everything coming out
these days.

And this is a tough choice for me but ranking Pink Floyd's top 5 my first pick is
Wish You Were Here. Then
Animals
Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
Meddle....
As a teen I always liked bands that create there own style of music. Pink Floyd and E.L.P. were two I liked for that reason. I use to listen to them on an Alternative radio station that was on the far end of the FM dial.

Animals.

Ha ha, charade you are...
That used to be my favorite album of all - any bands - for a long time.
As I approach 60, I guess my musical preferences have shifted a bit, but it's still a close #2.

I think my favorite all time album now is Rush~Exit Stage Left
#2 is Steely Dan ~ The Royal Scam
#3 Wish You Were Here

Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Pink Floyd are the two bands I regret the most about never seeing perform live --going back to the mid-70's, and the music still holds up to everything coming out these days. ---And this is a tough choice for me but ranking Pink Floyd's top 5 my first pick is....
Wish You Were Here. Then
Animals
Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
Meddle....
Here's something most people don't know .....the lead vocalist on this song is Roy Harper, an English folk singer.

Dark Side of the Moon. Re: seeing PF live--I have known a few people who have and they say that because of the studio orchestration, it doesn't come across as well. I have never seen them so I can only go by recommendations that I've heard.

I have seen ELP, but not Floyd. I'd consider comfortably numb as their best song, but like Dark Side overall to the wall. I'd place Meddle higher as well.

Dark Side of the Moon. Re: seeing PF live--I have known a few people who have and they say that because of the studio orchestration, it doesn't come across as well. I have never seen them so I can only go by recommendations that I've heard.
That would explain the poor quality live videos out there.
I heard Brit Floyd is pretty good (tribute band)

Pink Floyd is my favorite band. A good friend turned me on to them back in the early 70's. We must have worn the DSOTM record out from constant playing. Of their studio albums, I like "Wish You Were Here" the most, followed by "The Dark Side of the Moon". I really like the live albums "Delicate Sound of Thunder" and "Pulse" even without Roger Waters. Was very happy to see them reunite for the Live 8 concert.

As a teen I always liked bands that create there own style of music. Pink Floyd and E.L.P. were two I liked for that reason. I use to listen to them on an Alternative radio station that was on the far end of the FM dial.
Cleveland had a couple good stations in the 70's and KSU (Kent State)
had alternative stuff - Brand X, Tangarine Dream etc....By the 80's it was all mainstream - then they started suppressing heavy metal for awhile until Ozzy, Metallica and all the heavy stuff broke the doors open & became popular through the clubs.

That would explain the poor quality live videos out there.
I heard Brit Floyd is pretty good (tribute band)
My wife took me to see a tribute band about 10 years ago. IIRC, they were called "The Pink Floyd Experience". They put on a good show and mingled with the audience after the show. Think there is also a tribute band called "Aussie Floyd" and "A Surrogate Band", but haven't seen either one.

Wish You Were Here. Then
Animals
Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
Meddle....

Animals

Wish You Were Here. Then
Animals
Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
Meddle....

Animals
Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here

Floyd has always been My favorite band.

The OP only listed for but asked for five. LOL He owes us one.

Mine.

Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Wish You Were Here
The Division Bell

Pink Floyd is my favorite band. A good friend turned me on to them back in the early 70's. We must have worn the DSOTM record out from constant playing. Of their studio albums, I like "Wish You Were Here" the most, followed by "The Dark Side of the Moon". I really like the live albums "Delicate Sound of Thunder" and "Pulse" even without Roger Waters. Was very happy to see them reunite for the Live 8 concert.
When DSOTM came out, I bought the album, put it on after work and got stoned. I promptly went to sleep and was RUDELY awakened when the Money alarm clocks went off. Scared the crap out of me. WTF. I still have that vinyl in quadraphonic. LOL Good Times!

Forum List

Back