What was your favorite Pink Floyd album ?

Pink Floyd is my favorite band. A good friend turned me on to them back in the early 70's. We must have worn the DSOTM record out from constant playing. Of their studio albums, I like "Wish You Were Here" the most, followed by "The Dark Side of the Moon". I really like the live albums "Delicate Sound of Thunder" and "Pulse" even without Roger Waters. Was very happy to see them reunite for the Live 8 concert.
When DSOTM came out, I bought the album, put it on after work and got stoned. I promptly went to sleep and was RUDELY awakened when the Money alarm clocks went off. Scared the crap out of me. WTF. I still have that vinyl in quadraphonic. LOL Good Times!
LOL, I used to wake up my kids in the morning with that - Song was "Time", not "Money".

Floyd has always been My favorite band.

The OP only listed for but asked for five. LOL He owes us one.

Mine.

Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
A Momentary Lapse of Reason
Wish You Were Here
The Division Bell
The first one I ever listened to was Ummagumma.
The first song I ever heard from them was "Interstellar Overdrive" from the Pipers at the Gates of Dawn. I think I was 11 at the time. This means it was 1972.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Pink Floyd are the two bands I regret the most about never seeing perform live --going back to the mid-70's, and the music still holds up to everything coming out these days. ---And this is a tough choice for me but ranking Pink Floyd's top 5 my first pick is....
Wish You Were Here. Then
Animals
Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
Meddle....
Here's something most people don't know .....the lead vocalist on this song is Roy Harper, an English folk singer.

Division Bell, without a doubt.

Pink Floyd is my favorite band. A good friend turned me on to them back in the early 70's. We must have worn the DSOTM record out from constant playing. Of their studio albums, I like "Wish You Were Here" the most, followed by "The Dark Side of the Moon". I really like the live albums "Delicate Sound of Thunder" and "Pulse" even without Roger Waters. Was very happy to see them reunite for the Live 8 concert.
When DSOTM came out, I bought the album, put it on after work and got stoned. I promptly went to sleep and was RUDELY awakened when the Money alarm clocks went off. Scared the crap out of me. WTF. I still have that vinyl in quadraphonic. LOL Good Times!
LOL, I used to wake up my kids in the morning with that - Song was "Time", not "Money".
You are correct, pardon my mistake.

To put it in perspective, some of the big albums in 1973 along with Pink Floyd ~Dark Side of the Moon....
Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
Grand Funk -American Band
Alice Cooper -Billion Dollar Babies
Paul McCartney- Band on the Run
Billy Joel_ Piano Man
ZZ Top -Tres Hombres
Yes- Yessongs
The Who - Quadrophenia
Led Zeppelin _ Houses of the Holy
David Bowie-Alladin Sane

Last edited:
Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Pink Floyd are the two bands I regret the most about never seeing perform live --going back to the mid-70's, and the music still holds up to everything coming out these days.
My favorite is the Ummagumma album. I was lucky enough to get to see them on the Ummagumma tour at the Fillmore East 8th row center in 1969.

Last edited:
The first one I ever listened to was Ummagumma.
I was a collage DJ in 1967 and the GM had me post a top 10 and a pick hit of the week for the school newspaper, and he said to make it distinct from Billboard's picks, so one week in 1967 I made "See Emily Play" my pick hit of the week, long before any NY radio station ever played any Pink Floyd tracks.

Last one. The comments to the video are pretty accurate, in My opinon. I may add to them someday. lol

The first song I ever heard from them was "Interstellar Overdrive" from the Pipers at the Gates of Dawn. I think I was 11 at the time. This means it was 1972.
Actually it was 1967 when it was released. I bought it because "See Emely Play" was on it and I only had the 45. I fell in love with "Interstellar Overdrive" immediately.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Pink Floyd are the two bands I regret the most about never seeing perform live --going back to the mid-70's, and the music still holds up to everything coming out these days. ---And this is a tough choice for me but ranking Pink Floyd's top 5 my first pick is....
Wish You Were Here. Then
Animals
Dark Side of the Moon
The Wall
Meddle....
Here's something most people don't know .....the lead vocalist on this song is Roy Harper, an English folk singer.

Darkside of the moon. My favourite album of all time. I’m on my fourth copy of it. I wore out two albums. My got the CD when we split.

One of the first things that I did after moving into my new apartment and getting my bedroom in order for us to smoke a big fat doob, put my earbuds on, and lay in the dark in my bedroom listening to Dark side of the moon in my new home.

The Wall was the soundtrack of my first divorce. And I love Wish You Were here.

When my now 49 year old daughter was a toddler she used to sit and listen to “several species of small furry creatures in a cave grooving on a pict” which she called “creatures”.

I never got to see Pink Floyd live. They didn’t tour much. The one time they did come through our part of the country, we’d just bought a house, and there was no money for concerts.

I did see ELP at Maple Leaf Gardens. Around 1980. Let’s just say my memories of that concert are somewhat clouded. I recall they were really good, at performing live. But they were basically a “stand and deliver” group. There wasn’t much of a “show” or stage craft to them.

Last edited:
To put it in perspective, some of the big albums in 1973 along with Pink Floyd ~Dark Side of the Moon....
Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
Grand Funk -American Band
Alice Cooper -Billion Dollar Babies
Paul McCartney- Band on the Run
Billy Joel_ Piano Man
ZZ Top -Tres Hombres
Yes- Yessongs
The Who - Quadrophenia
Led Zeppelin _ Houses of the Holy
David Bowie-Alladin Sane
1973 was also a great year for Jazz Rock Fusion.

I did see ELP at Maple Leaf Gardens. Around 1980. Let’s just say my memories of that concert are somewhat clouded. I recall they were really good, at p
1980 is the year I graduated high school in Ohio and moved to NYC.
It was the year John Lennon was shot there in November.

Central Park was FLOODED with Beatles fans - hippies and music everywhere
the whole week.

My ex husband’s band always closed their night in the bars with “Ladies and Gentlemen, our national anthem” - Brain Damage.

We spent an entire day negotiating the record collection when we split. - 1500 albums. I distinctly remember the Pink Floyd Negotiations.

Him: We have 5 Moody Blues albums and knowing how much you love them, I’m prepared to let you have them all.
Me: That’s very nice of you. And just why are you being so nice?
Him: Well as it happens we also have 5 Pink Floyd Albums so
Me: No fucking way.

Forum List

Back