What Was Wrong With Kim Potter Shooting Daunte Wright ?

'There are plenty of instances where a cop, got in a scuffle, from a traffic stop and not a shot was fired, the person takes off and so does the cop after him'

'Looking at the video, it's apparent that in his ignorance, Wright created a scenario in which Potter had no choice but to shoot him'.

You always have choices.

Daunte Wright had multiple criminal charges on his record when he was pulled over and fatally shot by police.

'There are plenty of instances where a cop, got in a scuffle, from a traffic stop and not a shot was fired, the person takes off and so does the cop after him'

'Looking at the video, it's apparent that in his ignorance, Wright created a scenario in which Potter had no choice but to shoot him'.

You always have choices.
FALSE! You absolutely DO NOT have any choice, when a suspect's hand disappears from your view, unless you call needlessly risking your life to be a choice. I dont, and neither do the police departments all over the country. Read the OP.

Another case of self-defense against another airhead, oblivious to the rules of police confrontations (rules to follow if you want to stay alive that is).

Another case of another lost life due to "our" deficient MISeducation system, run by liberals, clueless on guns & law enforcement.
Why must wingers on both sides make everything political. This incident and the verdict have nothing to do with Ds or Rs. The cop made a dumb mistake and murdered a man. It’s that simple.

If you think a cop has the right to murder anyone who resists arrest, you’re a fool.

Daunte Wright had multiple criminal charges on his record when he was pulled over and fatally shot by police.

Well, certainly looking like I was correct in my assumptions.

I am not a genius, far from it. So, the fact that my assumptions were spot on...

Means what?

It has become a common thing to see young black men being shot by police, when they behave erratically, don't keep their hands visible, resist arrest, etc. Police have to protect themselves. It only takes a 1/2 second for someone to pull a gun out of a car console, or from under a seat.

So now Kim Potter is convicted of 2 counts of manslaughter, adding up to 25 years of prison time. This is ludicrous. Once again, the city fathers in a Democrat town go after a cop who shot a black thug goofball, who was resisting arrest, and asking to be shot. From the rather chaotic video, it does show Daunte Wright was resisting arrest, he jumped back into his car, hands disappeared from the officers' view, and there was good reason to shoot him WITH A GUN, following normal police protocol.

I don't think Kim Potter should have even been charged at all, but Minneapolis is a Democrat city, and what should be, isn't the determining factor. What appeases the anti-police, radical element of the black voting population seems to be that. Another bad case added to the growing list (Zimmerman, Wilson, Shelby, Slager, McMichaels, etc)

The verdict was stupid………

Now she’s going to prison for being found guilty of two counts of manslaughter.

The officer attempting to subdue Wright was black, but it has been only Potter’s color — white — that has mattered in the coverage and narrative told about this horrible case. Wright was black.

—————
Indeed, he lectured, “if I were a cop in Minnesota I would never carry a TASER again. I would never attend TASER training, I would never sign a form stating I am certified in TASER use. The prosecution utilized all of these things to convict someone who would have been justified to draw a gun instead
———-

New York litigator Joe Nierman, known as “Good Lawgic” on YouTube, said of the apparent jury nullification that it could only have come from a jury that “walked in dead-set on guilty.”

Defense attorney Robert Barnes shook his head in disgust and said, “it’s not possible to get an impartial trial in the Twin Cities. That’s a ridiculous verdict.” He lamented, “you’re nuts if you stay a cop in the Twin Cities.”

The Law of Self Defense’s Andrew Branca, who has followed every moment of the trial, said that “every cop is sending out their resume right now
.”
———-
Wright was pulled over for expired tags, something having to do with his air freshener hanging from a rearview mirror, and a warrant for his arrest. When they pulled him over, they found he had no driver’s license, no insurance, a warrant for an illegal weapons charge, and “an order of protection” against him. He was also suspected in the shooting in the head of his 16-year-old former friend, which left the friend permanently brain-damaged.

FALSE! You absolutely DO NOT have any choice, when a suspect's hand disappears from your view, unless you call needlessly risking your life to be a choice. I dont, and neither do the police departments all over the country. Read the OP.
The OP's opinion.

Fool. She DID intentionally draw her gun. She is a 26 year veteran, but even green recruits in police academies know what they are taught. Suspect hands disappear - SHOOT immediately, do not risk being shot.

The taser talk is just a deflection. Taser has nothing to do with this, Police training is the crux of it, and she followed that correctly, but dude, she's in a Democrat city. That doesn't penetrate your thick skull ?

Read the OP (10 times)...and come back and report to me. :slap:
"She DID intentionally draw her gun."

LOLOL

Moron, now you're accusing her of murder.

Good thing for her the jury listened to her and not an idiot like you or she'd be facing g life in prison.

That timing is irrelevant - she knew what was happening. :eusa_doh:
LOLOL

Now you're trying to talk out of both sides of your drooling mouth. On one side, you claim she intentionally used her firearm; while out the other side, you claim she admitted she made a mistake to avoid charges.

Charges which wouldn't have been filed had she not made a mistake.

Not to mention, even you know you’re wrong as evidenced by you changing your position after getting caught again being stupid. First you said she admitted it was an accident because she was charged. Then you changed that to she admitted it was a mistake because it really wasn't.

:cuckoo:

I do the same in Tampa, and I wouldn't live in a Democrat hellhole, if you paid me a billion $$.
LOLOLOL

Your mayor is a Democrat, ya raving idiot.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

It has become a common thing to see young black men being shot by police, when they behave erratically, don't keep their hands visible, resist arrest, etc. Police have to protect themselves. It only takes a 1/2 second for someone to pull a gun out of a car console, or from under a seat.

So now Kim Potter is convicted of 2 counts of manslaughter, adding up to 25 years of prison time. This is ludicrous. Once again, the city fathers in a Democrat town go after a cop who shot a black thug goofball, who was resisting arrest, and asking to be shot. From the rather chaotic video, it does show Daunte Wright was resisting arrest, he jumped back into his car, hands disappeared from the officers' view, and there was good reason to shoot him WITH A GUN, following normal police protocol.

I don't think Kim Potter should have even been charged at all, but Minneapolis is a Democrat city, and what should be, isn't the determining factor. What appeases the anti-police, radical element of the black voting population seems to be that. Another bad case added to the growing list (Zimmerman, Wilson, Shelby, Slager, McMichaels, etc)
"Democratic town" has nothing to do with this, in my view. That being said:
The problem is that there was a warrant for his arrest.... Waving a weapon while in a car and then fleeing the police on foot. Out on bond for aggravated assault for assaulting a woman by choking her and forcibly taking $820 from under her bra. The officers knew this and were nervous to begin with, not knowing what stunt he would pull.
I don't believe that this is allowed to be mentioned in a court trial, since it had nothing to do with the shooting. She should be pardoned immediately.

She shot him by accident and caused his death. Seems more like manslaughter of the second degree to me, but she is guilty.

The problem is that there was a warrant for his arrest.... Waving a weapon while in a car and then fleeing the police on foot. Out on bond for aggravated assault for assaulting a woman by choking her and forcibly taking $820 from under her bra. The officers knew this and were nervous to begin with, not knowing what stunt he would pull.
I don't believe that this is allowed to be mentioned in a court trial, since it had nothing to do with the shooting. She should be pardoned immediately.

All I personally know in the case of Kim Potter is her name was on every commie news station yesterday and there were loud cheers from the leftists in the Streets.

Which to me only meant one thing....

The leftist media pushed a race card. Slanted the facts towards racism. A negro died at the hands of a white person via a gun.

The negro was more than likely some sort of criminal of some kind. That negro will be treated as a hero and will elevated to MLK status despite any sort of criminality. The usual suspects like lebron will claim blacks are mistreated in America from one of his two palatial 25 million dollar mansions and commie kaepernick will chime in from one of his multi million dollar homes that he pays for with the $50 million dollars he received from Nike who uses slave labor in Vietnam to produce their overly expensive SNEAKERS.

Have I gotten any of that close to right?

Say, anyone even remember the name of the negro that deliberately ran over white people and killed 6 including a young boy?

Neither do I. When is his trial? Will the commie news network cover it? Was his bail lowered like aoc wanted?
Cool story, now she's the criminal.

Yup, which is why Daunte tried to run. Ironically, had she actually intentionally pulled her gun and shot him, she prolly never would have been charged. Just like with Darren Wilson, when you wrestle with a cop and then flee, they almost never get charged with the shooting.

But when she admitted it wasn't necessary to shoot him and when she admitted she made a mistake shooting him, then it became manslaughter.

The OP's opinion.
Which is meaningless since he's senile. In case you missed it, in the McMichael case, which he admitted he didn't watch, he insisted Travis McMichael didn't point his shotgun at Ahmaud Arbery as he ran towards the truck despite Travis McMichael testifying under oath that he did.

Protectionist doesn't argue with reality on his side. He argues using the delusions in his head.

Just as he's doing here by arguing Potter lied about claiming it was an accident.

Last edited:
If you're that much of a coward that not seeing someone's hands for half a second makes you afraid for your life then you shouldn't be a cop.

Why does anyone even argue or debate with the left wing puppets.

We can literally have the conversation in our own heads. They do not see anything other than what we all all know they are going to see.

For example, have faun on ignore for a reason. Talk about a predictable DUDE. I mean I just read HIS posts (two of them) and well.....yeah.

Sigh.....

He is that predictable along with the rest of them. You know, I have to say. Left wing men like faun are worse than women. They are men with no nuts.

I disagree. The jury made the right call. I would probably agree with you had she intentionally pulled her gun and shot him. But by pulling her taser, she tacitly admits lethal force was not necessary and that shooting him with her firearm was a mistake. That makes her negligent and guilty of manslaughter. Though when I read Minnesota law, second degree manslaughter makes sense to me but first degree does not in this case. But the jury heard the entire case and I did not, so they are clearly more informed than myself. I defer to their verdict.

For example, have faun on ignore for a reason. Talk about a predictable DUDE. I mean I just read HIS posts (two of them) and well.....yeah.
LOLOL

You know, the only way to read that is even you know you can't refute my posts and that you're a pussy running away from me.

:dance:

Manslaughter is the unintentional killing of another for reasons which can include negligence -- which she admitted to. So why should the jury have given her a pass?

Oh, wait... you don't have the stones to answer so you'll just pretend like you didn't read this and run away from me again.

:scared1:

Forum List

Back