What Was Wrong With Kim Potter Shooting Daunte Wright ?

I disagree. The jury made the right call. I would probably agree with you had she intentionally pulled her gun and shot him. But by pulling her taser, she tacitly admits lethal force was not necessary and that shooting him with her firearm was a mistake. That makes her negligent and guilty of manslaughter. Though when I read Minnesota law, second degree manslaughter makes sense to me but first degree does not in this case. But the jury heard the entire case and I did not, so they are clearly more informed than myself. I defer to their verdict.
If the jury had been privy to his criminality, the verdict may have been decidedly different, regardless of her weapon.

If you're that much of a coward that not seeing someone's hands for half a second makes you afraid for your life then you shouldn't be a cop.
Based on his past criminal conduct, the police prepared for the worst case scenario. If they couldn't see his hand for a "half" a second after determining that he had no previous criminal conduct, their response may have been much different.

WTF?
What sank that dumb bitch was her yelling, 'taser, taser, taser'.
While she actually pulled her pistol.

Then trying her damnest to cry, on the witness stand.

If she would have shot him and kept her trap shut, then pursued after him, instead of whining in the road, then she might have had a 'shot'.

Right? She literally intended to use non-deadly force and ended up shooting the guy. I would think there is some negligence there.

Right? She literally intended to use non-deadly force and ended up shooting the guy. I would think there is some negligence there.
A taser weighs about 4 times less than a pistol.
26 years on the force and Potter couldn't tell which is which?

A taser weighs about 4 times less than a pistol.
26 years on the force and Potter couldn't tell which is which?

Yeah. She fucked up and killed someone. Accidently sure, criminally negligent absolutely.

She literally shot someone to death by accident and these fuckos think she shouldn't be held accountable.

Yeah. She fucked up and killed someone. Accidently sure, criminally negligent absolutely.

She literally shot someone to death by accident and these fuckos think she shouldn't be held accountable.

It didn't meet criminal negligence.......the word "negligence," has a specific meaning in the law versus common use....that burden was not met in the trial...

I did not say that

but they dont belong on the street fighting with criminals twice their size
IDK, they're boxing, in the military, and doing MMA fighting, now.
IDK what kind of extra training they might do but it would be smart, to be in shape.

That's why it was a manslaughter charge instead of murder.

It didn't meet criminal negligence.......the word "negligence," has a specific meaning in the law versus common use....that burden was not met in the trial...
Actually I misspoke. She was found guilty as she should.

IDK, they're boxing, in the military, and doing MMA fighting, now.
Against other women

put the best mma woman against an also-ran mma man and he will beat her easily

and women know that

which will erode their self confidence as street cops

She intended (as all cops always do) to use deadly force in self-defense, if necessary. Daunte Wright made it be necessary (and the schoolteachers who neglected to teach him how to act with police)

She shouldnt be held accountable, because under the conditions that Wright created, the gun was the correct answer.

She intended (as all cops always do) to use deadly force in self-defense, if necessary. Daunte Wright made it be necessary (and the schoolteachers who neglected to teach him how to act with police)
That's not what happened. She intended to use her tazer and instead shot the guy. That kind of mistake is a crime. She was convicted for it too. You want someone making those types of mistakes out on the streets?

Found guilty just to appease a large black and liberal population voting bloc.
Found guilty because she caused the death of someone unintentionally by pointing a gun at them and shooting when she meant to use a different tool.

She shouldnt be held accountable, because under the conditions that Wright created, the gun was the correct answer.
No it wasn't. Pretty sure even the defendant disagrees with that and she intended to deploy her taser. The defense called it a mistake.

Against other women

put the best mma woman against an also-ran mma man and he will beat her easily

She was doing her job while dealing with a Black lies Matter asshole

I dont think she deserves to be in jail

Last edited:
She was doing her job while dealing with a Black lies Matter asshole

I dont she deserves to be in jail
She shot someone by mistake, according to her she used deadly force when she didn't mean to. Sorry, there are consequences for that legally.

I can't believe this is the hill you want to die on.

It has become a common thing to see young black men being shot by police, when they behave erratically, don't keep their hands visible, resist arrest, etc. Police have to protect themselves. It only takes a 1/2 second for someone to pull a gun out of a car console, or from under a seat.

So now Kim Potter is convicted of 2 counts of manslaughter, adding up to 25 years of prison time. This is ludicrous. Once again, the city fathers in a Democrat town go after a cop who shot a black thug goofball, who was resisting arrest, and asking to be shot. From the rather chaotic video, it does show Daunte Wright was resisting arrest, he jumped back into his car, hands disappeared from the officers' view, and there was good reason to shoot him WITH A GUN, following normal police protocol.

I don't think Kim Potter should have even been charged at all, but Minneapolis is a Democrat city, and what should be, isn't the determining factor. What appeases the anti-police, radical element of the black voting population seems to be that. Another bad case added to the growing list (Zimmerman, Wilson, Shelby, Slager, McMichaels, etc)
Jelly? It sounds like you are.

Forum List

Back