What was the real cowboy music like?

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
I'm sure country is not cowboy music. There is not a single cavalry culture in the world that would have such music, where the mood is dominated by a light major key, "foolishness". Such music was characteristic of the northern peasants. Including in Russia there were ditties.

Cavalry music has always been romantic and heroic, mostly minor. As romanse for example.
Country is the music of the British colonial farmers, there is no doubt about it.

I'm sure country is not cowboy music. There is not a single cavalry culture in the world that would have such music, where the mood is dominated by a light major key, "foolishness". Such music was characteristic of the northern peasants. Including in Russia there were ditties.

Cavalry music has always been romantic and heroic, mostly minor. As romanse for example.
Country is the music of the British colonial farmers, there is no doubt about it.

Are you asking about the music the cowboys listened to? Or the music the cavalry listened to? Cowboys and cavalry are not the same thing.

• Banned
Are you asking about the music the cowboys listened to? Or the music the cavalry listened to? Cowboys and cavalry are not the same thing.
Cowboys were also military, this is a special case of the cavalry. All cavalry peoples historically come from shepherds of cows and horses.

Cowboys were also military, this is a special case of the cavalry. All cavalry peoples historically come from shepherds of cows and horses.

No, cowboys were most certainly not military. They were ranch hands and drove cattle to the railhead.

The cavalry is military. Your mistake is that you think everyone who rode a horse was a cowboy.

• Banned
I wasn't wrong. It turns out that there is a separate style of Western Music and it is closer to the theme of cavalry in spirit, at least.

Your mistake is that you think everyone who rode a horse was a cowboy

dcbc53b158294585c65417d5ea82d2b8.gif

You are welcome to your opinion. But the truth is that cowboys were not military and the cavalry did not work with livestock.

The two were completely separate.
And the Cowboy way was a Mexican way adopted by American Ranch hands in the Southwest part of the Country.

As for Music of the Cowboy it depends on where they came from and the more you grew up in the Southwest your music was most likely Mexican influenced vs those from back East would have more of a Bluegrass vibe to it.

No they are not!

The Cowboy tradition came from Spain and was then imported from Mexico.

Where the hell do you get your history from?

Everyone knows the Cowboy is more Mexican than U.S.!
I'm not sure, but I tend to believe that these were native Americans of the great plains. According to genetics, this just converges, but these were not Evenk Indians of the Dene group, but some other native Americans. And in Mexico it was about the same. In fact, Mexico is a continuation of the Great Plains.

I'm not sure, but I tend to believe that these were native Americans of the great plains. According to genetics, this just converges, but these were not Evenk Indians of the Dene group, but some other native Americans. And in Mexico it was about the same. In fact, Mexico is a continuation of the Great Plains.
Two links prove you don’t know shit about the Cowboy tradition or where it came from!

Forum List

Back