What was the difference between 100,000 deaths in 1969 and 100,000 deaths in 2020?

The answer of course is that Trump was not president and democrats had not engaged in 4 years of hoaxes followed by this one.

I was going to say something similar....the difference is President Trump.

The hatred of the Left towards the President, is just something outside the normal, something completely sick and deranged.

In my opinion something that has never happened before.

That is the difference between 1969 and today.

If Trump doesn't like being hated, he should grow up and quit acting like a spoiled ass hole.
You are looking for a God as Obama presented himself.
Trump is an imperfect human and could never be as pompous and narcissistic as this.

Obama said on his nomination....“the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal.”

And even the MSM believed that about the Omniscient Obama... the ...God...
Newsweek editor Evan Thomas brought adulation over President Obama’s Cairo speech to a whole new level on Friday, declaring on MSNBC:
"I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."

But that's what you believe as well as the biased MSM.

Really? You believe that is what I think? You're nuts. That is what I really think.

Well for one thing we had this happening Billed as "an Aquarian Exposition: 3 Days of Peace & Music" and alternatively referred to as the Bethel Rock Festival,[4] it attracted an audience of more than 400,000. A little less than 6 feet in social distancing
FYI, the pandemic wasn't in effect during the summer. That was the flu, Covid 19 isn't, no matter what the Trumpistas want to call it.

m_192-2-233-fig001.gif

Multinational Impact of the 1968 Hong Kong Influenza Pandemic: Evidence for a Smoldering Pandemic
The name is irrelevant. The deaths in 1969-70 and the COVID-19 deaths numbers maybe the same but the difference is as I continue to point out
the continual 7/24 now for nearly 2 months coverage. The shut down of 36 million peoples job. NONE of which occurred in 1969-70!
WHY ?
Well for one thing we had this happening Billed as "an Aquarian Exposition: 3 Days of Peace & Music" and alternatively referred to as the Bethel Rock Festival,[4] it attracted an audience of more than 400,000. A little less than 6 feet in social distancing
FYI, the pandemic wasn't in effect during the summer. That was the flu, Covid 19 isn't, no matter what the Trumpistas want to call it.

m_192-2-233-fig001.gif

Multinational Impact of the 1968 Hong Kong Influenza Pandemic: Evidence for a Smoldering Pandemic
The name is irrelevant. The deaths in 1969-70 and the COVID-19 deaths numbers maybe the same but the difference is as I continue to point out
the continual 7/24 now for nearly 2 months coverage. The shut down of 36 million peoples job. NONE of which occurred in 1969-70!
WHY ?
Several reasons. The first and most important is there were a lot fewer cases and the virus was slower to spread across the country. Also the virus proved to be seasonal and after March 1969 the number of cases dropped rapidly. The antivirals developed in the 60's proved very effective at lessening the number of deaths and speeding recover. I would say the slow spread of virus and having effective treatments prevented the epidemic of fear which has gripped the country today. Many Americans particular older persons with prexisting conditions see covid 19 as a death sentence.
Well I agree with you about US older people. I'm 77. Have diabetes, blood pressure, and heart issues. BUT I'm also fairly independent and don't go out.
Which is TRUE of many of the older more potential deaths. In fact here is a chart.
MY point though is why in the hell did we shut down the TAX revenue generating economy when the VAST majority of the 160 million working Americans
were under age 50? Because the biased MSM pumped us all with FEAR and irrational behavior for the past 2 months!
There WAS no irrational MSM in the 1969 epidemic! I know I was working! The vast majority of most susceptible people i.e. we over 50 should have been
as was correctly educated, wash our hands, etc. BUT this ONE size fits ALL Americans didn't WORK! And the reason it occurred was a vast MSM concerted effort to tear down Trump! This whole episode has been negative news.
Every day 2 times a day I go to this site:Coronavirus Update (Live): 4,777,300 Cases and 315,595 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
I log in to this work sheet..
NOTE we do NOT hear one word about the 1,063,547 people that AREN'T hospitalized or died! Not one word about these 70%!
WHY? Because it is NOT negative news and it doesn't fit the MSM agenda...i.e. if it's bad report because it hurts Trump!
Simple as that. Nothing like that occurred in the 1969 epidemic. NO MSM 7/24 negative news!

That is the MAIN reason we have this constantly blathering and BLEATING by the MSM. To hurt Trump.

Well what's going to happen is more and more of us intelligent people are recognizing the immense NEGATIVE role the MSM has played!
Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 2.50.37 PM.png

AgeCovid19.png

m_192-2-233-fig001.gif

WHY ?

m_192-2-233-fig001.gif

WHY ?
Several reasons. The first and most important is there were a lot fewer cases and the virus was slower to spread across the country. Also the virus proved to be seasonal and after March 1969 the number of cases dropped rapidly. The antivirals developed in the 60's proved very effective at lessening the number of deaths and speeding recover. I would say the slow spread of virus and having effective treatments prevented the epidemic of fear which has gripped the country today. Many Americans particular older persons with prexisting conditions see covid 19 as a death sentence.
Well I agree with you about US older people. I'm 77. Have diabetes, blood pressure, and heart issues. BUT I'm also fairly independent and don't go out.
Which is TRUE of many of the older more potential deaths. In fact here is a chart.
MY point though is why in the hell did we shut down the TAX revenue generating economy when the VAST majority of the 160 million working Americans
were under age 50? Because the biased MSM pumped us all with FEAR and irrational behavior for the past 2 months!
There WAS no irrational MSM in the 1969 epidemic! I know I was working! The vast majority of most susceptible people i.e. we over 50 should have been
as was correctly educated, wash our hands, etc. BUT this ONE size fits ALL Americans didn't WORK! And the reason it occurred was a vast MSM concerted effort to tear down Trump! This whole episode has been negative news.
Every day 2 times a day I go to this site:Coronavirus Update (Live): 4,777,300 Cases and 315,595 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer
I log in to this work sheet..
NOTE we do NOT hear one word about the 1,063,547 people that AREN'T hospitalized or died! Not one word about these 70%!
WHY? Because it is NOT negative news and it doesn't fit the MSM agenda...i.e. if it's bad report because it hurts Trump!
Simple as that. Nothing like that occurred in the 1969 epidemic. NO MSM 7/24 negative news!

That is the MAIN reason we have this constantly blathering and BLEATING by the MSM. To hurt Trump.

Well what's going to happen is more and more of us intelligent people are recognizing the immense NEGATIVE role the MSM has played!
View attachment 337467
View attachment 337471
Thanks for a good post.

We enacted orders to shutdown businesses and asked the public to stay home in Iate March in order to flatten the curve. Hospitals and ER’s were seeing 30,000 to 35,000 new cases a day and about 2,000 deaths a day. Hospitals were filled to capacity, short on just about everything needed to treat these cases including rooms for highly contagious patients. Healthcare workers were dropping like flies because they did not have protective devices and temporary morgues were being setup to hold the dead in major cities. We had to give the healthcare people time to obtains supplies and equipment they need and to equip hospitals with facilities to handle this kind of case load. And that is exactly what shutting down businesses and staying at home did. In less than two months we have seen a decrease in the number of new cases and deaths by 25% and we’ve increased supplies and equipment, testing and contact tracing.

We are winning the battle right now. Whether that’s the case in 3 months depends on what happens with the opening of the country. Hopefully the precautions that are being taken will at least keep the numbers from rising.

The news media always reports the worst and exaggerates it because it draws an audience. This occurs more with Trump because he is undoubtedly the most outrageous president we have had in modern history. However the same sort of thing occurred with Obama and his healthcare plan and Bush with the war.

The commonality of the flu and covid 19 is they are both respiratory illness. Strains of the flu are caused by viruses in Orthomyxoviridae family. Covid 19 is caused by a virus in the Coronavirus family.

Ok, different virus families , what am i missing about this Flopper?

~S~

The commonality of the flu and covid 19 is they are both respiratory illness. Strains of the flu are caused by viruses in Orthomyxoviridae family. Covid 19 is caused by a virus in the Coronavirus family.

Ok, different virus families , what am i missing about this Flopper?

~S~
Other than having some similar symptoms and both being repertory viruses, there's not much similarity with the Flu. Covid 19 is much more contagious, has a higher mortality rate, does not respond to flu treatments, has no vaccine, has no prevention other than isolation, has a greater hospitalization rate, and once hospitalize, stays are much longer. Infections and progression of the flu is much less varied than Covid 19. 80% of those infected have mild symptoms. With the flu, fervor rises rapidly and can get very high where with covid 19, the fevor comes on slowly and usually does not spike and fall off slowly and tends hang on for a long period.

Also, deaths from Covid 19 are often a long and excruciating ordeal. The virus attacks the lungs, mucus accumulates chocking the patient, and the body's on defenses against the virus destroys lung tissue further reducing oxygen to other organs. Then organ failure starts and septicemia sets in destroying your body a piece at a time. If you're lucky, the heart will give out early on.

If the people that are so cavalier about prevention spent a little time in a Covid 19, ward they would likely change their attitude real quick.

Last edited:
The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that in total, the virus killed one million people worldwide,[14] from its beginning in July 1968 until the outbreak faded during the winter of 1969-70.[15] The CDC estimated that about 100,000 people died in the U.S; most excess deaths were in those 65 and older.[14] However, fewer people died during this pandemic than in previous pandemics for several reasons:

Well for one thing we had this happening Billed as "an Aquarian Exposition: 3 Days of Peace & Music" and alternatively referred to as the Bethel Rock Festival,[4] it attracted an audience of more than 400,000. A little less than 6 feet in social distancing!

View attachment 336910

A) In the U.S., total unemployment claims have reached 36.6 million after approximately 3 million more Americans applied for joblessness benefits in the week ended May 9, according to the U.S. Labor Department
B) One in 5 restaurants in the US could permanently close because of the coronavirus pandemic, putting millions out of work
C) And one of the MAJOR differences between 1969 and 2020?
CNN didn't exist till 1980 -- Fox News 1996 --MSNBC 1996 --USA Today 1982 --Bloomberg 1981 --Vice News 2013 --Hufpost 2005
We didn't have a MSM that also did this in 2016:

In 2016, a study by the Center for Public Integrity showed that 96% of campaign donations by journalists went to Hillary Clinton, compared to just 3.5% which went to Trump.
While coverage of President Obama included 59% favorable content among the 10 news outlets compared to 41% negative,
coverage of President Trump has included a whopping 80% of reporting that is negative in tone, with just 20% that is positive.

In summary, we didn't social distance, shut down the economy, didn't have the similar MSM 7/24 hours panic over COVID and we didn't have the MSM donating to the losing Presidential candidate and thus since they lost their donations, decided to push Russia,Russia,Russia, Quid Pro Quo, and finally Covid-19 in another futile coup attempt to recoup their donations!
Trump

/thread

If the people that are so cavalier about prevention spent a little time in a Covid 19, ward they would likely change their attitude real quick.

Thx Flopper
It's the prevention thing that seems to be the issue. let me ask you this, what else do you see that could/should be done here>>>>>
5e6f990cee6e7.preview.jpg

~S~

Thx Flopper
It's the prevention thing that seems to be the issue. let me ask you this, what else do you see that could/should be done here>>>>>
5e6f990cee6e7.preview.jpg

~S~
From a national standpoint, Prepare Prepare Prepare.
It would have been virtually impossible for a nation the size of the US to start from scratch and prepare an adequate response to the pandemic in less than 2 months. Image what would have happened if our defense planners began planning for an attack when they spotted missiles in the air. That's why a nation must have a pandemic response plan. If not, what will happen is exactly what happened in the US. State epidemic plans will not mess with the federal government, responsibilities will be unresolved, and there will be shortages of just about everything that is need. Red tape, confusion, regulations, budget shortfalls, and lack of understanding of who does what will prevail.

From a personal standpoint, we need to understand how the virus is transmuted in real life, not a lab and what are the most dangerous situations and what are least dangerous. The CDC did a terrible job on this point.

What we should avoid are any crowded places with large numbers of people with poor ventilation. For example, much has made out of large numbers of people on the beech. However, unless you are in a place so crowded that lots of people are within inches or few feet from you, you will probably be just fine. What you should worry about is after a day at the beech and your gang heads to that little crowded noisy bar with lots people. Studies have show that lack ventilation is a key factor in the spread of virus. When riding your bike, jogging, or participating in individual outdoor sports, you going to be relatively safe due to good ventilation and lack people close by, probably a lot more so than in your grocery store.

Also you need to understand what type of human activity is most likely to spread the virus. Number one is sneezing. You propel the virus further than just about anything else. Then comes coughing, almost as bad as a sneeze. Next is singing, followed by loud talking. The best situation in a room is where people just breath.

Your highest risk is living in the same household with some who has tested positive and is very sick. Studies made in hospital rooms with a covid 19 patents reveal just about every breath of air you take is going have some covid 19 particles in it and just about everything that is close to the patient is going have virus particles on it. You're likelihood of contracting the disease is high unless you take precautions. You and the patient should wear protective masks. The care giver should use a special gown in the room and were gloves in touching anything. The longer you are exposed to the patient, the higher the risk.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back