What turned me against the Republicans

natstew

Gold Member
Dec 21, 2010
AND NO, I WILL NOT BE VOTING FOR A DEMOCRAT, EVER!!

I was so proud of the Republicans when they forced Bill Clinton to sign a balanced Budget Bill into Law. Clinton first laughed at them and said, "The budget can never be balanced." then he said it would take 50 years to balance the budget, then 20 years, then 13 years. Then the Republican controlled Congress sent him a balanced budget Bill that his own polls showed the American people supported. He vetoed it, had the very same Bill re-written with his name on it, sent it back to the Republican Congress, and dared them not to pass it. they passed it and gave him credit for it saying, "It doesn't matter who gets credit, it's good for the American people."

That was the peak of my pride in the Republican Party. I supported George Bush even though I was very suspicious of his, "Compassionate Conservative" shit.

Bush won, (all the recounts supported that, even the one done by the new York Times after all the dust had settled) and I had high hopes for America. That was the end of the 'balanced budget' talk from the Republicans, they started spending like drunk Democrats and I changed my registration from Republican to No Party Affiliation. This month I changed to Republican only so I can vote in the Primaries and help choose the best Conservative. So far itlooks like the establishment has it rigged for themselves.

Anyway, back to the topic. George Bush was one of the biggest disappointments in my life, and when George H.W. and Barbara started playing huggie with the rapist Clinton while Clinton was damning their son all over National TV was one of the most disgusting things of my life.

So, I hate both Parties, it's just that I hate the Republicans less.

It's a lot better here in texas since the recession. The democrats and republicans constantly fight over who's gonna be the real conservative.

Course the libtards are busy at work trying to send lib voters here to sway elections and put on republican hats to screw up the pub party.

Last edited:

I was so proud of the Republicans when they forced Bill Clinton to sign a balanced Budget Bill into Law. Clinton first laughed at them and said, "The budget can never be balanced." then he said it would take 50 years to balance the budget, then 20 years, then 13 years. Then the Republican controlled Congress sent him a balanced budget Bill that his own polls showed the American people supported. He vetoed it, had the very same Bill re-written with his name on it, sent it back to the Republican Congress, and dared them not to pass it. they passed it and gave him credit for it saying, "It doesn't matter who gets credit, it's good for the American people."

That was the peak of my pride in the Republican Party. I supported George Bush even though I was very suspicious of his, "Compassionate Conservative" shit.

Bush won, (all the recounts supported that, even the one done by the new York Times after all the dust had settled) and I had high hopes for America. That was the end of the 'balanced budget' talk from the Republicans, they started spending like drunk Democrats and I changed my registration from Republican to No Party Affiliation. This month I changed to Republican only so I can vote in the Primaries and help choose the best Conservative. So far itlooks like the establishment has it rigged for themselves.

Anyway, back to the topic. George Bush was one of the biggest disappointments in my life, and when George H.W. and Barbara started playing huggie with the rapist Clinton while Clinton was damning their son all over National TV was one of the most disgusting things of my life.

At least you are honest enough to be disappointed.

Racist Democrats - sorry for the redundancy - would never have the guts to express disappointment in Obama.

There are politicians with integrity, but they are a small minority. The major parties know that most people align R or D, and vote accordingly. That's why they don't don't give two fucks if you like the nominee or not, they take your vote as a given.

It took me far too long to understand that for real. If the R's nominate another big government stooge in '16, I will not vote, or I will vote for a good third party guy.

I got into politics thinking I was a liberal, mainly because I didn't like Bush, don't like pollution, am not religious and don't hate gays.

After learning that Reps today were basically big Government religious nut jobs and that Dems were big Government nut jobs who hate science I shifted to Libertarian.

I'd dislike Republicans more if it were not for the fact that Dems are in power and fucking everything up, so my attention is on Dem far more than Reps.

At least you are honest enough to be disappointed.

Racist Democrats - sorry for the redundancy - would never have the guts to express disappointment in Obama.

Last night, or was it this morning, I heard Kirsten Powers say, "I did not vote for Obama i 2012, I just didn't vote", she went on to say how disappointed she was in Obama. I bout choked on my coffee.

I got into politics thinking I was a liberal, mainly because I didn't like Bush, don't like pollution, am not religious and don't hate gays.

After learning that Reps today were basically big Government religious nut jobs and that Dems were big Government nut jobs who hate science I shifted to Libertarian.

I'd dislike Republicans more if it were not for the fact that Dems are in power and fucking everything up, so my attention is on Dem far more than Reps.

Democrats hate science?

Please support that claim.

Forum List

Back