What the f am I watching?

AntonToo

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2016
The surreality of what I just witnessed grown, articulate adults say on a major network is mind boggling.

FOX news has a four man panel to discuss Media talking about Donald foreign policy flip-flopping. They show a video, where Trump states with a straight face:

I said NATO was obsolete, It’s is no longer obsolete.

The host turns to the first panelist and asks him - "So is this a flip flop?"

The panelist replies - "Of course not..."

The four go on to nod at each other for about 5 min from there.

200_s.gif

If saying EXACTLY OPPOSITE of what you said before is not a clear Flip-Flop, then those words HAVE NO MEANING.

"Of course not..." is extrapolated either into "on it's face saying exactly opposite of what you said before is not flip-flopping" which is fucking insane. OR it extrapolates into "Trump would not ever flip flop, so the suggestion must be rejected outright" which is even more fucking crazy.

They don't look crazy, they don't seem to be suffering a simultaneous four-man-stroke, so why are they saying crazy shit in front of millions of Americans? What's going on here?

Last edited:
The surreality of what I just witnessed grown, articulate adults say on a major network is mind boggling.

FOX news has a four man panel to discuss Media talking about Donald foreign policy flip-flopping. They show a video, where Trump states with a straight face:

200_s.gif

If saying EXACTLY OPPOSITE of what you said before is not a clear Flip-Flop, then those words HAVE NO MEANING.

"Of course not..." is extrapolated either into "on it's face saying exactly opposite of what you said before is not flip-flopping" which is fucking insane. OR it extrapolates into "Trump would not ever flip flop, so the suggestion must be rejected outright" which is even more fucking crazy.

I don't think they are crazy, so why are they saying crazy shit? Whats the motive here?

Technically, puting in the modifier 'no longer' implies it was obsolete at one point in time, but then something changed, and it is not obsolete now.

Which kind of begs the question...what changed?

Don't over think it. Trump belches forth tweets like a drunk message board poster at 2am.

200_s.gif

I don't think they are crazy, so why are they saying crazy shit? Whats the motive here?

Technically, puting in the modifier 'no longer' implies it was obsolete at one point in time, but then something changed, and it is not obsolete now.

Don't over think it. Trump belches forth tweets like a drunk message board poster at 2am.

Nothing (except Trump's position) changed, NATO was not somehow restructured by some secret Trump initiative, he did not make it "not obsolete", it is right about the same as it was 80 days ago when he got into office.

This is not ME taking his nonsense seriously, this is 4 grown, not-drunk men in front of millions of viewers parsing them into batant bullshit with a straight face.

Where have we arrived and where are we headed from here?

Last edited:

200_s.gif

They don't look crazy, they don't seem to be suffering a simultaneous four-man-stroke, so why are they saying crazy shit in front of millions of Americans? What's going on here?
Fox no longer pretends to be fair and balanced, they are 100% Trump boot lickers.

I felt the same way last week, wondering what kind of bizzaro world Fox projected in their Susan Rice coverage....it was all lies.

Last edited:
Trump's a negotiator. When you negotiate, you lead with an outrageous position so you can bargain down to what you wanted all along. Either way, it's entertaining to watch haters try to figure out ways to continue hating when they get what they claim they wanted in the first place.

200_s.gif

Trump explained that in his original statement: He was calling NATO obsolete because they wren't fighting terrorism. He just said he no longer considers them obsolete because NATO is now fighting terrorists. I don't know if this statement is true, but he said that was how he "evolved" on this issue.
Actually, I'm glad he's "evolving" based on the additional knowledge he is learning in his new position. It indicates he's learning the realities of the situation and is willing to change his mind based on better information. CNN has been making it their mission to hold up his "flip flops" for days now. They need a good tragedy or another big bomb or something to detract them. It's miserable how they are emphasizing what is a mature, intelligent response to getting better information.

200_s.gif

Nothing (except Trump's position) changed, NATO was not somehow restructured by some secret Trump initiative, he did not make it "not obsolete", it is right about the same as it was 80 days ago when he got into office.

This is not ME taking his nonsense seriously, this is 4 grown, not-drunk men in front of millions of viewers parsing them into total nonsense with a straight face.

Yeah, but can someone flipflop a brain fart? It sort of has to be a thought out position before it can be flipflopped.

Trump's a negotiator. When you negotiate, you lead with an outrageous position so you can bargain down to what you wanted all along. Either way, it's entertaining to watch haters try to figure out ways to continue hating when they get what they claim they wanted in the first place.

That is very different from what was said.

Saying flip-flopping is a good negotiating strategy, is very different from saying that Trump did not flip-flop.

Yes, lying and deceit can in fact work for you, but it is still lying and deceit and should be called as such.

Saying flip-flopping is a good negotiating strategy, is is very different from saying that Trump did not flip-flop.

Yes, lying and deceit can in fact work for you, but it is still lying and deceit.
I don't think anyone claims that Trump, or for that matter, pretty much any inhabitant of the White House, is a paragon of truth.

Saying flip-flopping is a good negotiating strategy, is is very different from saying that Trump did not flip-flop.

Yes, lying and deceit can in fact work for you, but it is still lying and deceit.
I don't think anyone claims that Trump, or for that matter, pretty much any inhabitant of the White House, is a paragon of truth.

And yet "Of course not..." on widely watched national cable channel while showing a clip of Donald saying pretty clearly "of course yes! I completely changed my mind on NATO"

How much crazier can this get?

Last edited:

And yet "Of course not..." on widely watched national cable channel.
I didn't say it. Bottom line, though, is that holding politicians to things they say on the campaign trail has long been an exercise in futility.

I didn't say it. Bottom line, though, is that holding politicians to things they say on the campaign trail has long been an exercise in futility.

I reject this fatalism, we certainly should not let blatant bullshit go, that just gives politicians and hacks a license to lie with total impunity.

200_s.gif

This is not ME taking his nonsense seriously, this is 4 grown, not-drunk men in front of millions of viewers parsing them into total nonsense with a straight face.

Yeah, but can someone flipflop a brain fart? It sort of has to be a thought out position before it can be flipflopped.

Yes, absolutely - flip flop can be a result of poorly thought out position. And yes Trump's brain fars have very real consequences.

flip-flop
ˈflip fläp/

verb
NORTH AMERICAN informal

2.Make an abrupt reversal of policy

I reject this fatalism, we certainly should not let blatant bullshit go, that just gives politicians and hacks a license to lie with total impunity.
Unlike liberals I go by results. NATO is getting with the program and would be doing the same thing otherwise. Recognition of the change in attitude is a flip flop only to the stupidest members of our society.

200_s.gif

Yes, absolutely - flip flop can be a result of poorly thought out position. And yes Trump's brain fars have very real consequences.

flip-flop
ˈflip fläp/

verb
NORTH AMERICAN informal

2.Make an abrupt reversal of policy
So what? I used to not like onions. My taste buds changed. Now I like onions. Is that a big deal?

seems to me that Trump had an opinion and for whatever reason he just changed his opinion . Maybe all the other nato underlings kissed some Trump azz and upped their money to Trump as the Trump ordered them to do . ---------------------- Some of these guys in this thread are grasping for straws , imo !!

200_s.gif

you are watching four men give each other hand jobs

200_s.gif

drumpf does not live in reality. In his mind NATO changed in the last few weeks, which of course they haven't. It is dumbass drumpf who is getting a hard lesson in reality who's view of the world was reoriented to reality.

The fake news on Fox News is entirely designed as propaganda to shore up ANYTHING a Republican does in office. They are cheap whore cheerleaders. There is no journalism on Fox News. They were founded on a court case where two journalists that were hired by them the first year they were in business to do a story and when Fox told them to twist the story to fit the Fox fake narrative the journalists refused and were fired. They sued Fox in court and Fox News argued a 'news' channel doesn't have to give facts. And they won.

This is what Fox News is. It isn't news, it is propaganda pure and simple. Lying is what they are founded on.

Forum List

Back