What should the US & Japan do when NK fires a missile over Japan or South Korea? (Poll)

What would you do as US president when NK fires a missile over Japan or South Korea?

• Nothing, just ignore the clown unless it's a real attack...

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Shoot the missile down, assuming we can...

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Fire a missile from a submarine to overfly NK...

• Blow something of value up in NK...as a warning

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • See my post...

• Total voters
The world is upside down when we need an internet poll to deal with the NK firing a missile across Japan. Are the U.S. "Intel" agencies too busy tracking down Jan 6 trespassers?
I'm not seeing anyone doing anything about NK. At the very least Japan should modernize and up-size its military.

Japan has been doing just that. You just do not know it.
A ship-based anti-ballistic missile system was successfully test-fired on 18 December 2007 and has been installed on Japan's Aegis-equipped destroyers.
Aegis is a great system, for low flying stuff. "If it flies it dies"
So why didn't Japan shoot the missile down?
They may need to buy ABM systems too.

Yep they did. It was someone hitting the wrong button.
On Saturday morning, just after 8 a.m. local time, a Hawaii state employee hit the wrong button on a computer during a shift change and accidentally sent an alert to many of the state’s cellphones that a ballistic missile was about to strike. For nearly 40 minutes, scores of Hawaii residents thought their world was about to end.
I can’t do anything on my computer without multiple confirmations and passwords

The guy did it with ONE keystroke?

I can’t do anything on my computer without multiple confirmations and passwords
The guy did it with ONE keystroke?
Yep, a junior nobody caused the panic all by himself. That's what it said. No defense department advisory. No such panic at Pearl Harbor.
Just Hawaiians hiding in manholes from the coming nuclear strike.

Then again, Tucker nailed it last night critiquing the new "Nuclear Blast" public service announcements on TV.
Wash off
Go inside..stay inside, etc.

Tucker said, not to worry, because if a nuke hits, you'll be dead.

1. Shoot his missile down
2. Overfly NK with a missile
3. If he keeps shooting missiles at Japan, blow something of value up. (a port, a big bridge, etc.)
You want to go back to a shooting war with the North Koreans? I would check with the South Koreans before doing a damned thing!

How do you overfly NK with a missile? Start WWIII because the Russians and Chinese will have no idea what you are doing?

You want to go back to a shooting war with the North Koreans? I would check with the South Koreans before doing a damned thing!
How do you overfly NK with a missile? Start WWIII because the Russians and Chinese will have no idea what you are doing?
Not a shooting war, more of a push a button war if NK keeps sending missiles over Japan.
I'm sure SK wouldn't mind if NK was brought to heel.

Why are you so concerned about overflying NK and not about NK overflying Japan?
I remember when we overflew Russia with the U2, NK would be simple. We have ship launched hyper-sonic missiles.
Russia and China don't want WW3 to start, especially over NK.
They would probably like NK to be brought to heel as much as SK.

You really think NK wants another war? Really?

Not a shooting war, more of a push a button war if NK keeps sending missiles over Japan.
I'm sure SK wouldn't mind if NK was brought to heel.

Why are you so concerned about overflying NK and not about NK overflying Japan?
I remember when we overflew Russia with the U2, NK would be simple. We have ship launched hyper-sonic missiles.

Russia and China don't want WW3 to start, especially over NK.
They would probably like NK to be brought to heel as much as SK.

You really think NK wants another war? Really?

Shoot down a missile from NK and you give all the excuses they need to attack our bases in SK, SK itself or laying a real warhead into Japan.

Overflying NK with a missile is not as easy as you make it sound. That is my issue with your planned retaliation.

Ship-launched hypersonic missiles? You really need to lay off the intoxicating substances there bud!

Ship-launched hypersonic missiles? You really need to lay off the intoxicating substances there bud!

Are you saying that they don't exist, and are only in the imaginations of drunkards? Sorry, but that isn't correct. Zumwalt class destroyers are to be outfitted with them the next time they go in for refitting.

The Conventional Prompt Strike (CPS) is a non-nuclear strategic hypersonic weapon system. It’s long range (hundreds, possibly thousands of miles), incredible speed (Mach 5+, likely much faster) and high agility offer new capabilities to US planners. It will be able to make precision strikes on time-sensitive targets with little chance of interception.

The missile will leverage the Common Hypersonic Glide Body warhead. There are distinct but closely related weapons which will be carried by the U.S. Navy’s surface ships and submarines. And a land based version will also be fielded by the U.S. Army.

Sources suggest that it is still undecided how many CPS missiles will be carried by the Zumwalt class. And whether the existing 155mm gun mounts will be retained. Indications are that 2 CPS can be carried without affecting the gun mounts, or 6-8 if both gun mounts are removed. A Lockheed Martin visualization suggests 4 Missiles and one of the two gun mounts retained.

Are you saying that they don't exist, and are only in the imaginations of drunkards? Sorry, but that isn't correct. Zumwalt class destroyers are to be outfitted with them the next time they go in for refitting.

The Conventional Prompt Strike (CPS) is a non-nuclear strategic hypersonic weapon system. It’s long range (hundreds, possibly thousands of miles), incredible speed (Mach 5+, likely much faster) and high agility offer new capabilities to US planners. It will be able to make precision strikes on time-sensitive targets with little chance of interception.

The missile will leverage the Common Hypersonic Glide Body warhead. There are distinct but closely related weapons which will be carried by the U.S. Navy’s surface ships and submarines. And a land based version will also be fielded by the U.S. Army.

Sources suggest that it is still undecided how many CPS missiles will be carried by the Zumwalt class. And whether the existing 155mm gun mounts will be retained. Indications are that 2 CPS can be carried without affecting the gun mounts, or 6-8 if both gun mounts are removed. A Lockheed Martin visualization suggests 4 Missiles and one of the two gun mounts retained.
I highlighted the text you obviously ignored in creating your pontification. Yeah, I am saying they do not exist and your link states they don't exist.

BTW, the Zumwalt class consists of a whopping 3 ships.

Shoot down a missile from NK and you give all the excuses they need to attack our bases in SK, SK itself or laying a real warhead into Japan.
Overflying NK with a missile is not as easy as you make it sound. That is my issue with your planned retaliation.
We disagree on NK. NK won't do shit if we shoot down their missiles.
NK is no match for the US+SK, (+Japan?) and they know it.
I also hope Japan gets more military capability, in case China gets ideas. They can afford it.

I highlighted the text you obviously ignored in creating your pontification. Yeah, I am saying they do not exist and your link states they don't exist.
BTW, the Zumwalt class consists of a whopping 3 ships.
Did you miss the part about submarines and other surface ships?
(Point being not just Zumwalt destroyers)
They could even be launched from aircraft.
Just to let NK know they are sitting ducks with no reliable delivery systems.

North Korea has yet to demonstrate that any of their missile guidance systems actually could hit a damn thing! Why do you think they just shoot at the open ocean? They can't miss!

Best just ignore them!

Apparently, he can...

7f3e688994be22c2ab4bb8a4323b18b9.jpg

Did you miss the part about submarines and other surface ships?
(Point being not just Zumwalt destroyers)
They could even be launched from aircraft.
Just to let NK know they are sitting ducks with no reliable delivery systems.
There are not any on other ships, dumbass!

So you are going to keep these aircraft airborne around the clock just in case NK launches?

You really have no military experience and you don't think things through!

There are not any on other ships, dumbass!
So you are going to keep these aircraft airborne around the clock just in case NK launches?
You really have no military experience and you don't think things through!
1. ...which will be carried by the U.S. Navy’s surface ships and submarines.
2. No rush, the next day, or next week works just fine.
3. You are the one who seems off his game. Stick to civics & government.

What options do the US and Japan have when NK fires a missile over Japan or South Korea?

Put up your recommendations and defend them...

We do not currently have the capability on Navy ships to shoot down their missile.

1. ...which will be carried by the U.S. Navy’s surface ships and submarines.
2. No rush, the next day, or next week works just fine.
3. You are the one who seems off his game. Stick to civics & government.
Your solution is to use a system that is not yet operational. How do you propose we do this?

Your comments are simply mutually exclusive. You did not think the problem through.

We do not currently have the capability on Navy ships to shoot down their missile.
Your solution is to use a system that is not yet operational. How do you propose we do this?
Your comments are simply mutually exclusive. You did not think the problem through.
1. Better read up on AEGIS, THADD, and PAC-3 (Patriot) systems before spouting nonsense.

2. Your information is outdated. The US spent $200b developing anti-missile systems. They are fully operational.

3. SK has THAAD systems, Japan could buy anti-missile systems too, seems dumb not to.

Forum List

Back