What percentage of Murders would not be committed if AR-15s were banned?

Our worst mass shootings have been done with semi auto rifles. Stop acting like it’s a coincidence. A weapon capable of killing 50+ people quickly should not be legal.
MAss shootings account for 1% of all murder

Even if you stop them there will be no real effect on the murder rate

I’m sure the friends and families of the 58 killed in vegas would disagree with you. As would the hundreds wounded.

Still would not put a dent in the murder rate.

We already know how to lower the murder rate by up to 70% because we know where 70% of murders happen.
Would save lives.

None

The AR-15 is not a prerequisite to Murder. Other weapons would take it's place possibly creating even more deaths.

Murderers Murder and Rapists Rape. Thinking you are going to stop either by banning a type of weapon is naive at best.

Mass shootings are very rare where there is strong gun control. Our homicide rate is 4-5x that of countries with strong gun control.

Gun control does not affect the murder rate.

The Murder rate in the UK did not go down after all their gun control laws were passed and it has not dropped below what it was before all their gun control laws were passed
Yes it does. The UK never had huge ownership, they stopped the problem before it got out of control. Again, our homicide rate is 4-5x that of countries with strong gun control. Our own crime rates plummeted after getting background checks.

The murder rate did not go down after all their gun laws were passed in fact it went up and it has never dropped below what it was before all their gun laws were passed.

So if gun laws lower the murder rate how do you explain this?

NH has the lowest murder rate in the US. NH has very lax gun laws.
CA has a much higher murder rate than NH. CA has very strict gun laws.

If gun laws lower murder rates how is this possible?

The differences in murder rates are not due to gun laws alone as you seem to think

Our worst mass shootings have been done with semi auto rifles. Stop acting like it’s a coincidence. A weapon capable of killing 50+ people quickly should not be legal.

I’m sure the friends and families of the 58 killed in vegas would disagree with you. As would the hundreds wounded.

As well as so many dead children.

What I said above is true - the little babies killed at Sandy Hook were so butchered that their parents did not recognize them.

As well as so many dead children.

What I said above is true - the little babies killed at Sandy Hook were so butchered that their parents did not recognize them.

By another mass killer on SSRI antidepressants.

I gave you the cure, ban SSRI’s, and you want the band aid. ALL FUTURE SCHOOL SHOOTERS WILL BE BLOOD ON THE LEFTS HANDS.

The nutters' fight for a weapon of mass destruction is indefensible.

Period.
Semiautomatic rifles have been available to the public for over 100 years.

That does not address my post.

Period.

Any gun used in combat (which an AR-15 is not) is equally used in defense as it in during assault.

Damn you folks are stupid.

BS

If you need an AR15 to defend yourself, what you really need is some serious time at the range.
You defend the indefensible.

"Damn, you folks are well informed."
There, fixed it for you.

Keep reading to see what I mean. Actually READ them and then have the balls to address the content. (Yeah, I know - gun nuts don't have balls. That's why they need AR15s.)

Why the AR-15 Is So Lethal
What I Saw Treating the Victims From Parkland Should Change the Debate on Guns

Period.

Period.

Any gun used in combat (which an AR-15 is not) is equally used in defense as it in during assault.

BS

If you need an AR15 to defend yourself, what you really need is some serious time at the range.

There, fixed it for you.

Keep reading to see what I mean. Actually READ them and then have the balls to address the content. (Yeah, I know - gun nuts don't have balls. That's why they need AR15s.)

No need, if the kid never took an SSRI antidepressant, the gun never gets used.

I offer the cure, you prefer the band aid. The blood of the next school shooting victims are on your hands.

You keep pouting, while our children die.

No a good look on you.

Period.

Period.

BS

There, fixed it for you.

I offer the cure, you prefer the band aid. The blood of the next school shooting victims are on your hands.

No a good look on you.

So why would some drunk gun nutter, sitting on a bar stool, hide behind these brainless claim he knows exactly that the cause of all mass shootings is

SSRIs?

Period.

Period.

BS

There, fixed it for you.

No a good look on you.

So why would some drunk gun nutter, sitting on a bar stool, hide behind these brainless claim he knows exactly that the cause of all mass shootings is

SSRIs?

Michael Moore’s. Gun nutter?

Period.

Period.

BS

There, fixed it for you.

No a good look on you.

SSRIs?

SSRIs?

BS

There, fixed it for you.

No a good look on you.

SSRIs?

SSRIs?

Luddy Neddite slobberd: "So why would some drunk gun nutter, sitting on a bar stool, hide behind these brainless claim he knows exactly that the cause of all mass shootings is"

I actually have had someone in my family that needed antidepressant medication and was prescribed an SSRI. Turned him into a fucking monster and thank god we got him off those things before he shot up a school.

Read the link Dumbfuck:

"People who take antidepressants are '50% more likely to be convicted of assault' | Daily Mail Online

From the Link:

An Oxford University study found that men – and women – in their late teens and early 20s – were almost 50 per cent more likely to be convicted of offences from assault to murder when taking SSRI drugs.

This family of anti-depressants includes Prozac, as well as Seroxat, Lustral, Cipralex and Cipramil, the most commonly prescribed of the pills.

One in eight Britons takes SSRIs each year – and the number of prescription has doubled in the last decade.

Meanwhile in the US around 11 per cent of people aged 12 and over take antidepressants, including SSRIs, according to the US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention.

Did you notice that, those with the same mental illness BUT NOT ON THIS CLASS OF DRUG ARE NO MORE LIKELY TO HAVE VIOLENT OUTBURSTS?

Plus Retard, many experts question whether they work any better than Placebo:

"One: A study in the Journal of the American Medical Association(link is external)says that SSRI's like Paxil and Prozac are no more effective in treating depression than a placebo pill. That means they are 33 per cent effective, which is the percent of patients who will respond well to a sugar pill. The article goes on to say that although SSRI's are effective to some degree in treating severe depression they don't have any effect on the routine type of depressions they are most often used to treat. The take-home message is—don't take SSRI's if you have normal, mild, or routine depression."

It Continues:

"The whole serotonin hypothesis is challenged by these findings. What this new information shows is that there may be some help using SSRIs if there is a severe shortage of serotonin, but the average person's depression cannot simply be related to a "chemical imbalance." The human brain is too complicated and so are we to have a simple, quick explanation related to seratonin alone. We have no way of measuring serotonin the brain of a living person, short of cutting open the skull. We have not come up with what a normal level of serotonin should be and below which we can say that you would be depressed and above which we can say you will be happy. People with high serotonin levels can be depressed and those with low levels can be happy. Serotonin inducing drugs like ecstasy can make you feel very happy, but so can alcohol and heroin. We have to go back to the drawing boards on this one, so don't ever let anyone say "I've got a chemical imbalance" without asking them what they actually mean and where is the science to prove that statement."

How many of these shooters were on this SINGLE CLASS of antidepressents?

From Prozac to Parkland: Are Psychiatric Drugs Causing Mass Shootings?

From the link:

• “Columbine mass-killer Eric Harris was taking Luvox — like Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor and many others, a modern and widely prescribed type of antidepressant drug called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs.” Along with fellow student Dylan Klebold, Harris shot 13 to death and wounded 24 in a headline-grabbing 1999 rampage. “Luvox manufacturer Solvay Pharmaceuticals concedes that during short-term controlled clinical trials, 4 percent of children and youth taking Luvox — that’s one in 25 — developed mania, a dangerous and violence-prone mental derangement characterized by extreme excitement and delusion.”

• Twenty-five-year-old Patrick Purdy murdered five children and wounded 30 in a schoolyard shooting rampage in Stockton, California, in 1989. He’d been taking “Amitriptyline, an antidepressant, as well as the antipsychotic drug Thorazine.”

• “Kip Kinkel, 15, murdered his parents in 1998 and the next day went to his school, Thurston High in Springfield, Oregon, and opened fire on his classmates, killing two and wounding 22 others. He had been prescribed both Prozac and Ritalin.”

WND’s Leo Hohmann adds to the picture, having reported in 2015 (all quotations are his):

• “Aaron Ray Ybarra, 26, of Mountlake Terrace, Washington, allegedly opened fire with a shotgun at Seattle Pacific University in June 2014, killing one student and wounding two others.” Ybarra “said he’d been prescribed with Prozac and Risperdal to help him with his problems.”

• “Jose Reyes, the Nevada seventh-grader who went on a shooting rampage at his school in October 2013 was taking a prescription antidepressant [Prozac] at the time….”

• “Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis sprayed bullets at office workers and in a cafeteria on Sept. 16, 2013, killing 13 people including himself. Alexis had been prescribed [generic antidepressant] Trazodone by his Veterans Affairs doctor.”

• “In 1988, 31-year-old Laurie Dann went on a shooting rampage in a second-grade classroom in Winnetka, Ill., killing one child and wounding six. She had been taking the antidepressant Anafranil as well as Lithium, long used to treat mania.”

• “In Paducah, Kentucky, in late 1997, 14-year-old Michael Carneal, son of a prominent attorney, traveled to Heath High School and started shooting students in a prayer meeting taking place in the school’s lobby, killing three and leaving another paralyzed. Carneal reportedly was on Ritalin.”

• “In 2005, 16-year-old Jeff Weise, living on Minnesota’s Red Lake Indian Reservation, shot and killed nine people and wounded five others before killing himself. Weise had been taking Prozac.”

• “47-year-old Joseph T. Wesbecker, just a month after he began taking Prozac in 1989, shot 20 workers at Standard Gravure Corp. in Louisville, Kentucky, killing nine. Prozac-maker Eli Lilly later settled a lawsuit brought by survivors.”

And there are many, many more examples.

Semi Auto rifles have been around a hundred years Shit for Brains, but these shooting have only started in the past couple of decades? Why would that be Jerk Off?

From the link: If you develop digestive problems after a change in diet, do you look for the cause in foods you always ate or the new ones you started eating? While the answer is obvious, this common sense is painfully uncommon when analyzing the new phenomenon of continual mass shootings: Many blame the long-present “foods” — guns in this case — and ignore the new diet whose embrace coincided with the problem. And part of what’s new is the widespread use of psychiatric drugs.

So, they cause violent behavior, including most, and maybe all mass shootings and studies have shown that they work no better than NO MEDICATION, but..............

what Moron? You take em so leave them alone?

Michael Moore, a right wing gun nutter?

From the video: Anyone on Prozac is 12 times more likely to commit suicide than those on another antidepressant treatment. TWELVE TIMES.

You leftist turds will have the blood on your hands when the next mass school killing happen because you ignore FACTS!

Last edited:

Period.

Period.

BS

There, fixed it for you.

Of course it does

No one has ever called a semiautomatic a weapon of mass destruction until very recently. You people think that somehow a semiautomatic rifle has morphed into something different than it actually is and have imbued it with magical powers that turn people into psychotic killing machines

Period.

Period.

BS

There, fixed it for you.

Using an Ar 15 for home defense is no different than using any other rifle

Using an Ar 15 for home defense is no different than using any other rifle
I agree. But, personally, I feel a whole lot safer with the AR than the AK, for some irrational reason. I know the AK is more reliable, but I feel better with the AR.

Is that weird?
The best weapon for home defense is the one you have or the one with which you are most comfortable
what these control freaks don't understand is that there is no right or wrong when it comes to defense the only thing that matter is your safety

The best weapon for home defense is the one you have or the one with which you are most comfortable
what these control freaks don't understand is that there is no right or wrong when it comes to defense the only thing that matter is your safety
When I think about these communist assholes trying to limit the defense weapons my wife or daughter can use to fight off a would-be rapist, it seriously galvanizes my resolve. We should not rest until all gun laws are repealed or civil war breaks out. The bullshit is over.

Forum List

Back