What other political forums are posting..

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Fox...

I was watching the news the other day and they had a story about a poll of what news sources one trusts. Among Democrats there were something like a dozen different news sources that were trusted. But for Republicans, 2/3rds said they trusted no one but FOX, and mostly got their news, exclusively from FOX.

As those who have not been sucked in knows, FOX is not an honest news source, and never has been. It was specifically designed to be a propaganda outlet, and a great deal of their content is at odds with just about every other news outlet in the world.

I think that FOX has been highly detrimental to our country and to our culture. FOX is the reason that we can no longer have a rational national dialog. The Trump came to power by essentially repeating FOX talking points, and the throng went, “He is saying what we think”. Doesn’t take a genius to see the dynamic at play. FOX is the reason why so many conservatives think that old sleepy Joe didn’t really handily defeat the Trump in the election, why they think the insurrection attempt was a peaceful walk through the Capital. Why places like Portland are so hated throughout the Conservadome.

Discuss...

I've notice they don't show videos of the insurrection or any mention of the tramp org being indicted.

I only come to this forum, as this forum is all I have time for.

It has been a rough couple of days for Trump and the Republican Party.

The good news -- it will only get worse.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Thursday named members of the select committee that will investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, including Republican Rep. Liz Cheney.

The panel was created in a mostly party-line vote on Wednesday. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., will get to weigh in on the other five representatives on the committee.

Maybe.

McCarthy has a problem. House Republicans do not want to be on the committee. CNN reports, "House Republicans don't want to touch the select committee on January 6 with a 10-foot pole. As Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy mulls whom to tap for a congressional investigation into the deadly US Capitol riot -- and whether to appoint people at all -- Republicans from across the conference are racing to show they have no interest in taking on a politically fraught assignment, particularly lawmakers in difficult reelection races."

That holds true for the ten Republicans who voted to impeach Trump. The former President's role in provoking the insurrection based on his absurd claim that the election was stolen from him is a no-win situation for Republicans.

And Trump himself.

That is only the beginning of Trump's woes and that of Republicans. For the foreseeable future the media will be carrying these horrible stories concerning the fact that the Trump Organization and it 's CFO have been charged with felonies. Donald Trump is the CEO of the Trump Organization, and he pays attention to every dime spent.

NPR reports, "Former President Donald Trump's family business and its longtime chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, have been charged by the Manhattan district attorney's office in a case involving an array of alleged tax-related crimes.

"In an indictment unsealed Thursday, prosecutors allege that starting from as early as 2005 and up until last month, the Trump Organization and Weisselberg have committed tax fraud and falsified business records."

The media showed a handcuffed Weisselberg walking towards the courtroom -- not a good image for Republicans.

The media is filled with stories about the possibility of an indicted Weisselberg turning state's evidence against his boss, the CEO -- not a good image for Trump.

"The political Witch Hunt by the Radical Left Democrats, with New York now taking over the assignment, continues. It is dividing our Country like never before!" Trump said.

For the past eight months, without a shred of substance, Trump has been attacking the very basis of American democracy --free and unfettered elections. The transference of evil is palpable.

Fox...

I was watching the news the other day and they had a story about a poll of what news sources one trusts. Among Democrats there were something like a dozen different news sources that were trusted. But for Republicans, 2/3rds said they trusted no one but FOX, and mostly got their news, exclusively from FOX.

As those who have not been sucked in knows, FOX is not an honest news source, and never has been. It was specifically designed to be a propaganda outlet, and a great deal of their content is at odds with just about every other news outlet in the world.

I think that FOX has been highly detrimental to our country and to our culture. FOX is the reason that we can no longer have a rational national dialog. The Trump came to power by essentially repeating FOX talking points, and the throng went, “He is saying what we think”. Doesn’t take a genius to see the dynamic at play. FOX is the reason why so many conservatives think that old sleepy Joe didn’t really handily defeat the Trump in the election, why they think the insurrection attempt was a peaceful walk through the Capital. Why places like Portland are so hated throughout the Conservadome.

Discuss...
I don't "trust" any information source.
Information should be obtained, compared, and cross-referenced across multiple sources.
I don't watch any news/opinion on TV. I find more and better information available through print media.
When I did, the only show I watched from 2010 on was Morning Joe. I quit watching in 2015 when they were doing the Trump promos. Prior to that Morning Joe could be counted on as the most balanced and diverse opinion show on TV.

I read Fox, Washington Times, NY Post among other Conservative sources and NYT, WAPO, CNN, and the networks among my moderate sources.

I don't say "liberal" sources because there is nothing on the left that equates to Fox, Newsmax and the like.

I abandoned Fox months ago. News max or SKY news AU. Australian news outlets are refreshingly fact based, you guys remember FACTS? Remember when the American news outlets weren't primarily political and based journalism and reportage on actual independent non political observation reportage of facts?

Last edited:
Fox...

Discuss...
Information should be obtained, compared, and cross-referenced across multiple sources.
I don't watch any news/opinion on TV. I find more and better information available through print media.
When I did, the only show I watched from 2010 on was Morning Joe. I quit watching in 2015 when they were doing the Trump promos. Prior to that Morning Joe could be counted on as the most balanced and diverse opinion show on TV.

I read Fox, Washington Times, NY Post among other Conservative sources and NYT, WAPO, CNN, and the networks among my moderate sources.

I don't say "liberal" sources because there is nothing on the left that equates to Fox, Newsmax and the like.
CNN , MSNBC are ultra left goof ball sites

I've notice they don't show videos of the insurrection or any mention of the tramp org being indicted.

I only come to this forum, as this forum is all I have time for.
Jealous, you have a life...all I have is work and reading people's opinions

Fox...

Discuss...

Just so you know, if you were watching a news show taking about Fox not of Fox, then your were just watching a different kind of propaganda.

For the past 4 years, without a shred of substance, scum demonRATS have been attacking the very basis of American democracy --free and unfettered elections. The transference of evil is palpable.

Fox...

Discuss...

When you turn so far to the right you can see your own ass then everything appears "far left."
Maybe turn off the tv and READ.

Fox...

Discuss...

When you turn so far to the right you can see your own ass then everything appears "far left."
Uhm even a judge ruled Ratchet Maddow is lying

Fox...

Discuss...
Every conservative here will now deny watching Fox.

bear513

It's not that drmocrats have a reliable source. It's the fact, fox tell republicans what they want to hear. Being a lie doesn't matter and never did.

Don't blame fox. Blame the idiot republicans that can't think for themselves about a deduction of the available truth.
It's like the ABC. They hate them because they have no agenda. They tell it like it is.
That's why they hate the truth.

bear513

It's not that drmocrats have a reliable source. It's the fact, fox tell republicans what they want to hear. Being a lie doesn't matter and never did.

Don't blame fox. Blame the idiot republicans that can't think for themselves about a deduction of the available truth.
It's like the ABC. They hate them because they have no agenda. They tell it like it is.
That's why they hate the truth.
ABC leans to the left

bear513
From a republicans point of course it would. And so it should when everything else leans to the right.
My point is, regardless of whether you hate them or not, they tell the truth. They have no axe to grind or support any party. You don't have to agree with them but at least start your beliefs by knowing the facts.
Fox are run by Murdoch and will never be anything but pro repig forever.

Fox...

Discuss...

Uhm even a judge ruled Ratchet Maddow is lying
Maddow is not news, fool.

Forum List

Back