What lessons Africa and the Third World should learn from the presidential elections of Washington, Ulysses, and Eisenhower? By Mekki ELMOGRABI

May 14, 2016
What lessons Africa and the Third World should learn from the presidential elections of Washington, Ulysses, and Eisenhower?
By Mekki ELMOGRABI

Yes, it was democracy and the will of the American people, but three US Army Commanding Generals became US presidents. It happens every 80 years in American history.
George Washington 1789, then after 80 years, Ulysses Grant 1869, then after 84 years Dwight Eisenhower 1953. What do you expect in 2033 or before, surely sooner because history will repeat itself faster as life and technology are faster, and time is flying!? That means it might happen in 2024 or 2028.
Don’t you think if an unwanted and unfortunate war breaks out between NATO and Russia’s allies, it will change the political dynamics in the US after the war that hopefully be ended by peace or the victory of the democratic world and not lead to the III World War?
Dwight Eisenhower's campaign started when he was still in service, which was the "Draft Eisenhower Movement" and "Citizens for Eisenhower", he was CSA. American people wanted him and the majority of politicians and state actors wanted him as well. Ulysses Grant was also a popular hero and one of the pillars of the government but was in tension with the then unpopular President Andrew Johnson. In March 1867, US Congress overrode Johnson's veto and passed the first of three Reconstruction Acts, using military officers to enforce the policy. Congress also protected Grant by passing the Command of the Army Act, preventing Grant from removal or relocation, and forced Johnson to pass orders through Grant.
In these two cases, it was not a military or government takeover of the power, no one can say a coup de tat had happened.
Washington was the first Army Commanding General, it was logical for a country that came out of the domination of the British empire, the greatest of its time, to have a strong leader.
I am from Sudan – Africa, and I always think about what to learn from the US. Democracy is essential, we don’t need military dictators but how we can learn from this American lesson? I believe there are three factors:
1- If the Army Commanding General is popular or the available politicians are so weak and might lead the country to a disaster.
2- It should happen through elections and there should be competition, no matter if the parliament of the majority of the government wants it to happen or not, the election is a must, or preferably a referendum to agree on the principle.
3- The Commanding General should step down before the election campaign, I think this was not the case in two of the US presidents above, but according to global democratic transformation, it is necessary.
Thanks
Mekki ELMOGRABI
+12029607870
or better:
[email protected]

What lessons Africa and the Third World should learn from the presidential elections of Washington, Ulysses, and Eisenhower?
By Mekki ELMOGRABI

Yes, it was democracy and the will of the American people, but three US Army Commanding Generals became US presidents. It happens every 80 years in American history.
George Washington 1789, then after 80 years, Ulysses Grant 1869, then after 84 years Dwight Eisenhower 1953. What do you expect in 2033 or before, surely sooner because history will repeat itself faster as life and technology are faster, and time is flying!? That means it might happen in 2024 or 2028.
Don’t you think if an unwanted and unfortunate war breaks out between NATO and Russia’s allies, it will change the political dynamics in the US after the war that hopefully be ended by peace or the victory of the democratic world and not lead to the III World War?
Dwight Eisenhower's campaign started when he was still in service, which was the "Draft Eisenhower Movement" and "Citizens for Eisenhower", he was CSA. American people wanted him and the majority of politicians and state actors wanted him as well. Ulysses Grant was also a popular hero and one of the pillars of the government but was in tension with the then unpopular President Andrew Johnson. In March 1867, US Congress overrode Johnson's veto and passed the first of three Reconstruction Acts, using military officers to enforce the policy. Congress also protected Grant by passing the Command of the Army Act, preventing Grant from removal or relocation, and forced Johnson to pass orders through Grant.
In these two cases, it was not a military or government takeover of the power, no one can say a coup de tat had happened.
Washington was the first Army Commanding General, it was logical for a country that came out of the domination of the British empire, the greatest of its time, to have a strong leader.
I am from Sudan – Africa, and I always think about what to learn from the US. Democracy is essential, we don’t need military dictators but how we can learn from this American lesson? I believe there are three factors:
1- If the Army Commanding General is popular or the available politicians are so weak and might lead the country to a disaster.
2- It should happen through elections and there should be competition, no matter if the parliament of the majority of the government wants it to happen or not, the election is a must, or preferably a referendum to agree on the principle.
3- The Commanding General should step down before the election campaign, I think this was not the case in two of the US presidents above, but according to global democratic transformation, it is necessary.
Thanks
Mekki ELMOGRABI
+12029607870
or better:
[email protected]

Today's American military leaders aren't the same military leaders from the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, or WW2. Our military under the current President is being purged of the type of bold leaders who can think for themselves, and are being replaced by loyalists to the Democrat Party. The whole American military is being rotted from the inside with "political correctness" and "wokeness." Even when we had a strong President like Trump, they plotted against him. God forbid we ever become involved in a real war anytime soon, because we'd be screwed.

Today's American military leaders aren't the same military leaders from the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, or WW2. Our military under the current President is being purged of the type of bold leaders who can think for themselves, and are being replaced by loyalists to the Democrat Party. The whole American military is being rotted from the inside with "political correctness" and "wokeness." Even when we had a strong President like Trump, they plotted against him. God forbid we ever become involved in a real war anytime soon, because we'd be screwed.
Thanks, great thanks, please watch my video.. you will like it

You have a very astute perception of American politics, more so than nearly anyone I've read who posts from outside the country.

I don't know of any current military leaders besides Alan West that I would trust with executive power though.

You have a very astute perception of American politics, more so than nearly anyone I've read who posts from outside the country.

I don't know of any current military leaders besides Alan West that I would trust with executive power though.
Great thanks 🙏

By Mekki ELMOGRABI

Thanks
Mekki ELMOGRABI
+12029607870
or better:
[email protected]
I think the days of looking to America for lessons ended with trump.

Forum List

Back