What kind of horrible, dangerous places do these people live that hey have to go out armed?

/----/ Using your logic - if you drive a car and if you drink alcohol the presumption is you are a drunk driver and must be tossed in jail.

No. If you have a history of breaking driving laws, you should not be allowed to legally drive. If you have a history of being a thug, you should not be able to legally buy a gun. We only do background checks for drivers, not gun purchasers.

Stop backpedaling

You said a person is a "good guy" right up until they commit a crime

So that applies to you too and you should have your rights curbed because it's only a matter of time before you commit a crime

No. I said gun nuts and the NRA consider those thugs to be a good guy. A thug is a thug. We need background checks to point that out to gun sellers.

So you should have a background check before you have kids too.

When it gets to where my kid can accidentally go off and kill you in Walmart, we can talk about background checks for kids.
Lol
You like to dig into people’s personal lives apparently, It doesn’t get any more personal than firearm ownership.
You need to mind your own fucking business, your weasel like behavior betrays you

So very often I see conversations such as these:

The obvious response:
The same places where we're told gun-violence is -so- bad that we need to further restrict the law abiding in their exercise of the right to keep and bear arms.
If gun violence is indeed that bad, how is it unreasonable to carry a gun for self-defense?

Why is the people who ask this question never want to discuss the answer?
How is it gun violence can be so bad that we need more gun control laws, but people who want to carry a gun to protect themselves are nuts?
What's nuts is people too stupid to understand why there's gun violence in cities in such as Chicago in spite their firearm regulatory measures.

What's nuts is buying into the "good guy with a gun" lie.

What's nuts is buying into the lie that citizens carrying concealed firearms helps to "reduce crime."

What's nuts is buying into the lie that mythical "gun-free zones" contribute to mass shootings.

What's nuts is opposing perfectly appropriate and constitutional firearm regulatory measures.

What's nuts is the slippery slope fallacy of "gun confiscation."

The whole good guy with a gun thing misunderstood

What you fail to understand is that no civilian has the obligation to stop a crime.

Shit the fucking cops don't have to respond to a call from a citizen

A good guy with a gun commits no crime with his gun or without therefore law abiding people who own and carry guns are not a factor in crime and murder stats

Gun nuts and the NRA consider an armed thug on the way to his first armed robbery to be a good guy with a gun right up until the second he robs the store.

That's stupid.

Of course it is, but gun nuts and the NRA have never been very smart anyway.
lol
Sayes a politically correct moron

Gun nuts are the ones that have an irrational fear of them. It is an inanimate object. It holds no power until someone USES It. Fear the bad guys that use guns illegally. Punish them.

People who fancy or appreciate guns are a nut.

People who want to spend trillions of dollars because they think man can control the environment are not nuts.

Go figure.
You need to look up what nuts is
Lol
You need to look in the mirror

Gun nuts are the ones that have an irrational fear of them. It is an inanimate object. It holds no power until someone USES It. Fear the bad guys that use guns illegally. Punish them.

People who want to spend trillions of dollars because they think man can control the environment are not nuts.

Go figure.

nut
|nət| noun

3 informal: a crazy or eccentric person.

• [ with modifier ] a person who is excessively interested in or enthusiastic about a specifiedthing: a football nut.

So I guess you on the left are gun nuts as well, only on the opposite side. You are also abortion nuts, environmental nuts, racist nuts, and gender nuts.
What do you call someone who hordes guns and ammunition for the day he has to take up arms against the Gubmint?

Go figure.
Lol
You voted for a birther reality TV host

Go figure.

nut
|nət| noun

3 informal: a crazy or eccentric person.

• [ with modifier ] a person who is excessively interested in or enthusiastic about a specifiedthing: a football nut.

So I guess you on the left are gun nuts as well, only on the opposite side. You are also abortion nuts, environmental nuts, racist nuts, and gender nuts.
What do you call someone who hordes guns and ammunition for the day he has to take up arms against the Gubmint?
Lol
Says someone that thinks the federal government is flawless

Go figure.
Lol
You voted for a birther reality TV host
Lol
Actually I did not vote for trump, I wrote in a candidate Elmer Fudd... he gets no respect
I knew Trump was going to win overwhelmingly here in South Dakota so it did not matter who I voted for so I had a little fun... and he certainly was better than the Hildebeast.
There would be no trump if there was no Obama Karma is a bitch

Because gun nuts rarely have more training than that 3 or 4 hour course, and your lack of training could make me dead.

Your assertion is laughable at best. True gun enthusiasts are far more competent with firearms than cops are. That is shown whenever there is a competition. The cops with very few exceptions, almost always lose.

The results of any competition have no bearing on the comparative skills of the average gun nut or the average cop. Preparation for competition makes them different from the average.

Incorrect. One of the oldest adages in the military is "you fight the way you train".

The average gun nut doesn't do much training for that type situation. Even if they are an avid hunter and go to the gun range regularly, which most don't, that isn't training for a confrontational situation.
Marksmanship is like riding a bike… Start off young as possible and it’s always there.

Target shooting is not the same as a gun fight dumb ass.

Your assertion is laughable at best. True gun enthusiasts are far more competent with firearms than cops are. That is shown whenever there is a competition. The cops with very few exceptions, almost always lose.

The results of any competition have no bearing on the comparative skills of the average gun nut or the average cop. Preparation for competition makes them different from the average.

Incorrect. One of the oldest adages in the military is "you fight the way you train".

The average gun nut doesn't do much training for that type situation. Even if they are an avid hunter and go to the gun range regularly, which most don't, that isn't training for a confrontational situation.
Marksmanship is like riding a bike… Start off young as possible and it’s always there.

Lol
Stay in your lane, bud

What's nuts is people too stupid to understand why there's gun violence in cities in such as Chicago in spite their firearm regulatory measures.

What's nuts is buying into the lie that citizens carrying concealed firearms helps to "reduce crime."

What's nuts is buying into the lie that mythical "gun-free zones" contribute to mass shootings.

What's nuts is opposing perfectly appropriate and constitutional firearm regulatory measures.

What you fail to understand is that no civilian has the obligation to stop a crime.

A good guy with a gun commits no crime with his gun or without therefore law abiding people who own and carry guns are not a factor in crime and murder stats

Gun nuts and the NRA consider an armed thug on the way to his first armed robbery to be a good guy with a gun right up until the second he robs the store.

That's a flawed argument

I could argue you are a drunk driver in waiting so should I suspend your drivers licence today?
I could argue that you are an abusive parent in waiting so should I call DCF to have your kids taken away?

If I have a history of breaking driving laws, I should not be allowed to drive. Thankfully, they have a universal background check for that before my license is issued. We should have a universal check before a gun can be legally bought.
Lol
Vehicle ownership is not a right, firearm ownership is a right Don’t be a fucking moron

Background checks don't infringe on anybody's rights.

Lol
Anyone that is truly a second amendment supporter will go out of their way for any type of firearm practice, marksmanship, hunting and shooting whatever it may be.
The fact remains Americans are buying guns and ammo… Making America great

Confucious say......Dumb ass gun nuts are just as likely to shoot themselves or an innocent person. Since cops can't tell a dumb ass gun nut from the bad guy, they might take him out too. Dumb ass gun nuts are dumb asses to play cops and robbers.
/----/ Using your logic - if you drive a car and if you drink alcohol the presumption is you are a drunk driver and must be tossed in jail.

No. If you have a history of breaking driving laws, you should not be allowed to legally drive. If you have a history of being a thug, you should not be able to legally buy a gun. We only do background checks for drivers, not gun purchasers.
Every single gun purchase I ever made was subject to a background check
My CC permit was subject to a background check

Come on down to Texas. You can legally buy a truck load of guns, and nobody even has to ask your name. Federal law allows that.
Lol
People’s personal lives aree none of your business, it don’t get no more personal than firearm ownership so shut the fuck up you silly little fucker

Make me, you keyboard warrior.

Confucious say......Dumb ass gun nuts are just as likely to shoot themselves or an innocent person. Since cops can't tell a dumb ass gun nut from the bad guy, they might take him out too. Dumb ass gun nuts are dumb asses to play cops and robbers.

Stop backpedaling

So that applies to you too and you should have your rights curbed because it's only a matter of time before you commit a crime

No. I said gun nuts and the NRA consider those thugs to be a good guy. A thug is a thug. We need background checks to point that out to gun sellers.
We already have background checks on every firearm that purchased in a retail store, Personal sales are just that, personal none of your fucking business and certainly none of the federal government’s business

That is your opinion. It's wrong, but it is your opinion.

That's a flawed argument

I could argue you are a drunk driver in waiting so should I suspend your drivers licence today?
I could argue that you are an abusive parent in waiting so should I call DCF to have your kids taken away?

If I have a history of breaking driving laws, I should not be allowed to drive. Thankfully, they have a universal background check for that before my license is issued. We should have a universal check before a gun can be legally bought.
Lol
Vehicle ownership is not a right, firearm ownership is a right Don’t be a fucking moron

Background checks don't infringe on anybody's rights.
Buying firearms in any retail store you have to have a background check, I use Insta-check when I sell although it’s not that instant it takes right around four minutes it should only take seconds.

As far as personal sales, there are just that personal sales. No background checks or required or needed.

Stop backpedaling

When it gets to where my kid can accidentally go off and kill you in Walmart, we can talk about background checks for kids.
Lol
You like to dig into people’s personal lives apparently, It doesn’t get any more personal than firearm ownership.
You need to mind your own fucking business, your weasel like behavior betrays you

You gonna caps lock me into submission?

Every single gun purchase I ever made was subject to a background check
My CC permit was subject to a background check

Come on down to Texas. You can legally buy a truck load of guns, and nobody even has to ask your name. Federal law allows that.
Lol
People’s personal lives aree none of your business, it don’t get no more personal than firearm ownership so shut the fuck up you silly little fucker

Make me, you keyboard warrior.
Lol
You need to stay out of peoples personal lives... It makes you look creepy

Stop backpedaling

We already have background checks on every firearm that purchased in a retail store, Personal sales are just that, personal none of your fucking business and certainly none of the federal government’s business

That is your opinion. It's wrong, but it is your opinion.
No, firearm ownership is a right… None of your business and certainly none of the federal government is not.
You need to stay out of peoples personal lives… It makes you look creepy

That's stupid.

Of course it is, but gun nuts and the NRA have never been very smart anyway.
lol
Sayes a politically correct moron

The NRA chose Ted "crap your pants" Nugent for one of their officers. That's pretty dumb.

Lol
Stay in your lane, bud

Again. MAKE ME.

Stop backpedaling

Lol

You gonna caps lock me into submission?
Mind your own business, other fire ownership is none of your business... That’s what the Second Amendment is for, telling you creepy motherfuckers is to stay out of peoples personal lives. Lol

Forum List

Back