What kind of cookware do you use?

You might want to talk to your chef.
Not only does it supposedly turn out a better steak but it allows you to prepare dozens of steaks ahead of time and hold them at the perfect temp and than sear them when needed. A major time and money saver for restaurants.

As I said in an earlier post I really cant say because I havent assed up the money to try it out but it makes perfect sense.

The Food Lab's Complete Guide to Sous-Vide Steak

Do real cooks use sous vide?

Think the ultimate steak is cooked on a grill? We did it in a plastic bag.

That's my sister in laws purview. She is the point of the family. I merely collect money.

Not only does it supposedly turn out a better steak but it allows you to prepare dozens of steaks ahead of time and hold them at the perfect temp and than sear them when needed. A major time and money saver for restaurants.

As I said in an earlier post I really cant say because I havent assed up the money to try it out but it makes perfect sense.

That's my sister in laws purview. She is the point of the family. I merely collect money.

Than talk to your sister?
Like I said I havent tried it ...yet. But stop and think about it,you bring the meat up to the perfect temp and you can leave it there all day and it doesnt hurt the steak. You lose no moister or flavor because it's sealed and you can add seasoning to the bag.

Throw it on the searing grill and it's ready in five minutes.
If it works as advertised I see it as a win whether you own a restaurant or not.

Like I said I havent tried it ...yet. But stop and think about it,you bring the meat up to the perfect temp and you can leave it there all day and it doesnt hurt the steak. You lose no moister or flavor because it's sealed and you can add seasoning to the bag.

If it works as advertised I see it as a win whether you own a restaurant or not.

One of our selling points is we cut your steak to order. Hell, we even grind hamburgers to order.

We're NOT a fast food joint.

One of our selling points is we cut your steak to order. Hell, we even grind hamburgers to order.

To tell you the truth I dont go to steak houses. I can cook one every bit as good as Vic and Anthony's, Killeens or any other top notch steak house in this town. `

But seriously who the fuck does that? You order a filet,New York strip or a T-bone.
Anyone who orders different should be at the Golden Corral.
And if you only sell top line beef they shouldnt need to pick one out of the beef case.
They should all be top notch.

To tell you the truth I dont go to steak houses. I can cook one every bit as good as Vic and Anthony's, Killeens or any other top notch steak house in this town. `

But seriously who the fuck does that? You order a filet,New York strip or a T-bone.
And if you only sell top line beef they shouldnt need to pick one out of the beef case.

I agree with you on the filet, strip, or T Bone. Sirloin steak? LOL we grind that .

We don't have a beef case. Our steaks are listed and you tell us what size cut you want. If you want a 4lb porter, we shall cut you a 4 lb porter.

I agree with you on the filet, strip, or T Bone. Sirloin steak? LOL we grind that .

We don't have a beef case. Our steaks are listed and you tell us what size cut you want. If you want a 4lb porter, we shall cut you a 4 lb porter.

I understand the appeal but how often does someone order a 3lb. steak?
Hell,I dont do that and I'm a glutton of the highest order.
I'll sit down and eat 16lbs. of crawfish.

To my knowledge rarely, it's just a hook.

To my knowledge rarely, it's just a hook.

Oh I understand that.
But if I can turn out a better steak in less than half the time I think I'd get rid of the hook and turn out a better steak for more profit.
But as I've said I havent tried it so I cant say with any certainty that it would be a money maker,but from what I've heard it is.

Dammit,I guess I'm going to have to get one just to find out.

About the beef case thing...we have a steak house here in Houston called Taste of Texas where they let you pick out your own steak.
I've never seen so many poor choices in my life...most people couldnt pick out a good steak if their life depended on it.
Marbling is obviously a foreign concept...

About the beef case thing...we have a steak house here in Houston called Taste of Texas where they let you pick out your own steak.
I've never seen so many poor choices in my life...most people couldnt pick out a good steak if their life depended on it.

Most people just ASSUME the most expensive is the best, and I mean that's not always the case of course.

I have a variety of Le Creuset, All-Clad copper core, and Scan Pans. They are all faboo, but Le Creuset is my favorite.

It's actually a trendy thing to do for foodies out in large group. They cook it between rare and medium rare then serve it like sashimi.

I thought we were talking about cookware.

Most people just ASSUME the most expensive is the best, and I mean that's not always the case of course.

A full cut T-bone is my favorite in most cases. Baring that I'll take a NY Strip every time.
But I do like a fillet on occasion but it has to have a bad ass side or some nice clarified butter to make up for the lack of flavor.
I will say one of the best steaks I've ever had was a Koby fillet that cost me a hundred bucks...the thing tasted like it was full of an exquisite butter of unknown origin.
I was sweating bullets when I tossed it on the grill.

It's actually a trendy thing to do for foodies out in large group. They cook it between rare and medium rare then serve it like sashimi.

Meh...the OP bailed so it's turned into a cooking thread.
The funny thing it's occupied by men. So ladies...does that mean anything?

As a foodie I'd have to decline the shared steak. Not for any other reason that I want my steak my way.

What?

Do you have to look down the front of your pants to figure out what you're capable of doing?

What?

Do you have to look down the front of your pants to figure out what you're capable of doing?

Hell no,I just have to glance at my souse chef and see her big ass tits to know whats up. Of course the sexual favors for an exquisite meal is also a giveaway.

A full cut T-bone is my favorite in most cases. Baring that I'll take a NY Strip every time.
But I do like a fillet on occasion but it has to have a bad ass side or some nice clarified butter to make up for the lack of flavor.
I will say one of the best steaks I've ever had was a Koby fillet that cost me a hundred bucks...the thing tasted like it was full of an exquisite butter of unknown origin.
I was sweating bullets when I tossed it on the grill.

I love a good Ribeye, but I'll choke down a Portherhouse, or a Strip when I have to.

Forum List

Back